Serious PC thread

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Common sense at last!!!!

It’s definitely an attempt to come to with a solution, but I think there might be bigger problem created by this:
The 34-page policy document says that male-to-female transgender athletes are still eligible to compete in the women's category "provided they have not experienced any part of male puberty beyond Tanner Stage 2 [which marks the start of physical development], or before age 12, whichever is later".

As we know, activists masquerading as therapists are grooming boys at a very young age, and youngsters do have not reached puberty might be pressured into procedures for which they’re not able to properly give their consent. It’s already a problem for young boys and girls, I suspect that this loophole will exacerbate it.

Hopefully sometime soon laws will come into effect which ban the harvesting of children by trans activists. Nobody, as you’ve rightly said here previously, should be forced into any medical procedures before they’re of age to fully consent…

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

This Evert tweet in response to Bob shows how muddled these debates become. Renee never won a set off Evert, I think what Chris meant was that Renee was competitive as a WTA player despite being in her mid 40’s. Other than Martina N and Kimiko Date can’t think of other women playing well into their 40’s. At age 44 1/2 Renee Richard’s reached #20 in the WTA rankings. Neither Martina nor Kimiko did that.

Now the next thing is going to get me in trouble with some here. There are things, right or wrong, that elicit visceral reactions in other people because we are HUMAN, and we are shaped by our environment and upbringing. Again right or wrong.

I’m old enough to remember miscegenation laws in this country. Older folks confessed to me that they wanted to throw up literally when they saw a mixed race couple kissing in public.

Ditto if they saw a same sex couple.

Some people are still uncomfortable seeing this in public.

All I’m saying is reacting per our upbringing/culture/ is spontaneous; we decide if that reaction is ok or something we need to work on. *Some* of those same older folks have told me also they realized their reaction was horribly wrong per their evolving values/principles.

Now I totally get Federberg’s reaction per transgender male to female. To me, castration or anything involving my junk is a sensitive (no jokes) subject and I also have a visceral reaction. Like Federberg I can’t relate to that at all. Call it male heteronormative behavior, whatever. Yes I GET that other persons may not feel that way about their biological genitalia but I do.

Now myself personally, people born hermaphrodite ( born with ambiguous genitalia) I do think that is such a tough biological roll of the dice when you’re born. There are cases where doctors/parents make a split second decision to make the child conforming to male or female.

That people are uncomfortable isn’t the issue but how this leads them to treat others , whether kindly and understanding and with fairness, versus with open hostility and even violence is the bigger issue to me. These “ PC” activists don’t spring out of a vacuum, there are horrible accounts of continuous prejudice/hostility/injuring and even killing trans or non-binary people.

At the same time I’ve dealt with school counselors which leads me to believe that kids today are just as screwed up and confused as my generation was. Now you mix in social media, technology, an over reliance on western medicine as the solution, and cultural and political wars and bingo, what a SNAFU! So stuff like dealing with a child’s gender confusion without informing the parents or involving them in the conversation is wrong IMO. Some friends told me they were the last to know that school officials were addressing their child with a different pronoun. And I’m not talking about homophobic or transphobic people. And that prison issue, it is NOT transphobic not to allow transgender into women prisons openly, just as it’s not to ban them from competing in sports together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This Evert tweet in response to Bob shows how muddled these debates become. Renee never won a set off Evert, I think what Chris meant was that Renee was competitive as a WTA player despite being in her mid 40’s. Other than Martina N and Kimiko Date can’t think of other women playing well into their 40’s. At age 44 1/2 Renee Richard’s reached #20 in the WTA rankings. Neither Martina nor Kimiko did that.

Now the next thing is going to get me in trouble with some here. There are things, right or wrong, that elicit visceral reactions in other people because we are HUMAN, and we are shaped by our environment and upbringing. Again right or wrong.

I’m old enough to remember miscegenation laws in this country. Older folks confessed to me that they wanted to throw up literally when they saw a mixed race couple kissing in public.

Ditto if they saw a same sex couple.

Some people are still uncomfortable seeing this in public.

All I’m saying is reacting per our upbringing/culture/ is spontaneous; we decide if that reaction is ok or something we need to work on. *Some* of those same older folks have told me also they realized their reaction was horribly wrong per their evolving values/principles.

Now I totally get Federberg’s reaction per transgender male to female. To me, castration or anything involving my junk is a sensitive (no jokes) subject and I also have a visceral reaction. Like Federberg I can’t relate to that at all. Call it male heteronormative behavior, whatever. Yes I GET that other persons may not feel that way about their biological genitalia but I do.

Now myself personally, people born hermaphrodite ( born with ambiguous genitalia) I do think that is such a tough biological roll of the dice when you’re born. There are cases where doctors/parents make a split second decision to make the child conforming to male or female.

That people are uncomfortable isn’t the issue but how this leads them to treat others , whether kindly and understanding and with fairness, versus with open hostility and even violence is the bigger issue to me. These “ PC” activists don’t spring out of a vacuum, there are horrible accounts of continuous prejudice/hostility/injuring and even killing trans or non-binary people.

At the same time I’ve dealt with school counselors which leads me to believe that kids today are just as screwed up and confused as my generation was. Now you mix in social media, technology, an over reliance on western medicine as the solution, and cultural and political wars and bingo, what a SNAFU! So stuff like dealing with a child’s gender confusion without informing the parents or involving them in the conversation is wrong IMO. Some friends told me they were the last to know that school officials were addressing their child with a different pronoun. And I’m not talking about homophobic or transphobic people. And that prison issue, it is NOT transphobic not to allow transgender into women prisons openly, just as it’s not to ban them from competing in sports together.
I don’t think there’s anything too contentious about this. Your analogy is inexact, maybe, because nobody here is really complaining about what adults do in their spare time, and with their spare parts. If an adult male or female decide they want to transition, then let them. They’re of age to make their own choices.

But the problem we’re discussing is the grooming and abuse of young children. Young girls below the age of consent having mastectomies and vaginoplasty surgeries performed on them, young boys hitting puberty and suffering chemical castration. This is abhorrent and a clear sign of abuse, by both the activists who are also their therapists, and the parents who are awful enough to allow this.

Young kids being confronted by this sexual image of themselves before they should be thinking about this stuff. Teachers in schools asking infants about their pronouns. The revolutionary way they’re changing society by force.

The other issue is the harassment of feminists who stand up for women, and the silencing of any public discussion about trans. People losing their positions in universities because they don’t pass the purity tests. The attacks on anyone who disagrees with the faulty premises used by trans demagogues. We hear a lot of gimmicky phrases by trans activists, and these are expected to go unchallenged, but they go ballistic if anyone might suggest that - for instance - rather than gender being a social construct, that maybe there are huge elements of the whole trans ideology, the “gender fluid” bits, the non binary parts, the bit where they say that biological sex and gender are always different and that gender is a choice, a whim even, and not assigned at birth - that these are the only social construct in this discussion that we have evidence for.

But otherwise, let adults do what they please. I actually think that gender dysphoria is a thing, and it’s painful to those who have it. It’s a disconnect between their biological sex and how they perceive their identity. There are people who live with this, and many of them are very happy in they lives. The modern trans religious cult seems to be about something else entirely…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Lord have mercy... :face-with-tears-of-joy:

THE words ‘women’ and ‘girls’ have been erased from a Scottish Government-backed advice leaflet teaching youngsters about periods.

The taxpayer-funded Young Scotinformation instead calls women "those of us that have both our ovaries and a womb" and "half the world’s population".

When misogyny masquerades as science and compassion… :facepalm:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

It’s a good quote. This thing isn’t rocket science - but it is science. I think you mentioned elsewhere that a special category for so-called transwomen should be created. It’s not necessary for transmen because they don’t stand a chance against real men…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Lord have mercy! As long as Dems are the party more closely associated with this sort of thing they'll never command the majority they should...

• Wow
Reactions: tented

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Never really made up my mind about this guy, but he does have a point....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Who is he, and what's his point?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
you don't know Jordan Peterson? The point, in the video, is fairly self explanatory isn't it?
Certainly I don't recognize his face. Are you going to make me watch the video to get your point? I'd rather you make it interesting enough that I would bother. Life is short, dude. And I'm going to be honest...not everything you post on this thread do I find compelling or interesting, so I kind of need a preview.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Certainly I don't recognize his face. Are you going to make me watch the video to get your point? I'd rather you make it interesting enough that I would bother. Life is short, dude. And I'm going to be honest...not everything you post on this thread do I find compelling or interesting, so I kind of need a preview.
Lol! So you don't want to watch the video, instead I post the video and also need to summarise it for you? Don't bother! Even writing this response is an unnecessary time expenditure to me :D

Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I would find it very hard to believe that anyone with even a vague interest in politics or current affairs - particularly anyone whose politics are tribal left - doesn’t know who Jordan Peterson is, or what he looks like. Particularly when it comes to the trans hoax, which he’s deciphered with clarity and passion, which of course means he’s hated.

Typically, he’s the adult in the room on this conversation so of course Twitter would ban him for expressing a logical opinion.

One of my favourite YouTubers is The Offensive Tranny. Biological female, suffers from gender dysphoria, knows what it is and doesn’t think of herself as a man, but accepts that to transition is the only way she can deal with her condition.

Like most people, she’s opposed to the mutilation of young girls and the chemical castration of little boys, by activists.

Here’s The Offensive Tranny on Ellen Page:

Reactions: mrzz

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
it's not often I'm forced to be on Josh Hawley's side. In fact it pisses me off to be on his side. But this is what the world has come to... :facepalm:

• Angry
Reactions: Kieran and tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
it's not often I'm forced to be on Josh Hawley's side. In fact it pisses me off to be on his side. But this is what the world has come to... :facepalm:

I see exactly what she means by inciting violence. My first reaction was to want to shake her ignorant head until her woke brain broke and she became human again. Unfortunately, she’s been hacked and sees everyone else as the problem. There’s nothing worse than an ignorant person who’s self confident, unshakeable and unquestioning in their ignorance.

I don’t know who the bloke is, but God bless him for his patience and good humour…

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I sent that tweet link to a mate, and this was his response...

"Don't they get that for the equivalent of a rounding error they are eroding womens rights?. It blows my mind. They're so up in their own arses trying to be "good" people they've become monsters"

Couldn't have said it better!

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I sent that tweet link to a mate, and this was his response...

"Don't they get that for the equivalent of a rounding error they are eroding womens rights?. It blows my mind. They're so up in their own arses trying to be "good" people they've become monsters"

Couldn't have said it better!
I think this woman has her own pronouns, which are probably something like “dip/shit“? :thinking-face:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540