Serious PC thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
interesting article. I wholeheartedly agree!

I don't think it's terrible that public figures waited a bit to find out what really happened, or even the name of an accused before slinging accusations.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thought this was a fantastic treatise on moving away from woke-ism. Fascinating woman. Only heard about her because I listened to a podcast that was sent my way.

While I agree this woman has a refreshing voice on the subject, and should well be heard for her perspective, she's also kind of claiming that it's a binary thing...either you're in or out. I don't agree with that. I think we all agree that "victimhood" is not productive, but it IS worthwhile to recognize certain injustices. Pulling oneself up by one's own bootstraps, but denying the struggle of others reminds me of the anti-feminist backlash in the 80s. It also reminds me of Clarence Thomas. "If I can, anyone can, end of...."

Not to reduce her argument, because it is nuanced an interesting, but there is an element of that in there.

All of this is compelling:

Africa Brooke: What is worrying though is how many more of us feel afraid to talk to our own friends, our partners, our spouses, our colleagues, our family - of fear of being branded as 'wrong-thinkers'. How are we supposed to understand each other if we're living in constant fear of saying the 'wrong' thing?

It's even harder if you're white because there's usually someone just waiting to call you racist. And according to the woke manual, if you're white you're supposed to just accept that label. If you do question it or defend yourself, it's taken as confirmation that you ARE in fact a white supremacist.
I'll just address the part where she says "it's even harder if you're white," since I am. There are white people, mainly conservatives, who keep insisting they don't see race, and do have a lot of fear that they're just about to be called a white supremacist, and worry that their kids are going to feel guilty if they are taught about slavery in school. They have a hard time talking about racial issues. (I will speak mainly to my own country, the US.) There are other white people that don't have so much of a problem talking about race or issues surrounding it, and don't feel we're going to be called out for it. If you actually know Black people, it's not so hard to talk about these things, and you don't feel like about to be a "wrong-thinker." Ibrahim X. Kendi invites us all to be anti-racist. That is an inclusive way of bringing everyone into the conversation.

If you DARE express any fears or signs of being rightfully upset, you'll be accused of 'centering your white feelings', and of exuding 'white guilt' or 'white fragility'. With all disrespect, I don't understand the purpose of these cultish, degrading, racist terms.
I think "white fragility" is a thing, and should be called out. Maybe I should have wrapped it into the above, but it is also about holding onto the world that they think they own.

How are they helping us move forward? Is this true social justice? How is this helping the black community? How is this shaping a world where you and I aren't judged by the colour of our skin? Are we really trying to eradicate racism with racism?

I am sorry that we do have to talk about racism by talking about race, which I believe is an artificial construct. But it is what we are given. I just finished a project where women of color were talking about how to get into the film business and have careers that are unexpected as a way of encouraging young women, and otherwise kids, particularly of color, that there are great jobs out there that they never thought of. As a woman, no one ever mentored me into the film business. What I'm saying here is that it does take mentoring, and recognizing that there is systemic inequality (in this example, just in my business) to change things. Pretending that it doesn't exist is not helpful.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Preach brother. Preach!!

Try to remember this complicated casting choice, for no reason other than that she was the best actor for the part. And she won Best Supporting Actress for it. If that doesn't make your head spin.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Try to remember this complicated casting choice, for no reason other than that she was the best actor for the part. And she won Best Supporting Actress for it. If that doesn't make your head spin.

you lost me. Your point?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I am sorry that we do have to talk about racism by talking about race, which I believe is an artificial construct. But it is what we are given. I just finished a project where women of color were talking about how to get into the film business and have careers that are unexpected as a way of encouraging young women, and otherwise kids, particularly of color, that there are great jobs out there that they never thought of. As a woman, no one ever mentored me into the film business. What I'm saying here is that it does take mentoring, and recognizing that there is systemic inequality (in this example, just in my business) to change things. Pretending that it doesn't exist is not helpful.
There are many obstacles to achieving success in the real world. If there's one thing that pisses me off above all others is the whiny self diagnosis that I often hear. The assumption is that it's always due to race is not constructive. I have absolutely no doubt that race often plays a part in it, but sometimes there are other reasons. For example, it's possible for a white person to dislike a black person, just because of their character. Not race... character. I have had countless arguments with people about this. Why jump straight to race? One of my oldest friends, a highly intelligent and successful individual has ended up being forced out 3 times over the last 30 years from high powered jobs. In every case his argument was that it was due to race. The first time I believed him without question, the second time I nodded and accepted his claim. After the 3rd time I asked him... is it possible? Just possible? That it's because of you?

I then suggested to him, as I had a number of times in recent years, to collaborate with me on a venture I was thinking about setting up. I had already spent years working on it. I asked him to look at the project, and contribute ideas to get the thing off the ground. His efforts were pathetic, and when I pointed out that I would need more from him in order for me to feel comfortable making it a 50-50 collaboration, he claimed that we should discount all the work I had done over the years, and his contribution should be assessed based on what we both added to the concept going forward. I was stunned. Right there... all the complaints he had made over the years came to the front of my mind. I finally understood the issues on the other side! I would have fired his a$$ too! Some times you're just a dick. Nothing to do with colour. Let's all try to look at ourselves honestly first before falling back on the racist trope. It's fucking tiresome.

The problem with the way SJW's react is that they leave little room for personal accountability. Just saying...

Reactions: tented

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
While I agree this woman has a refreshing voice on the subject, and should well be heard for her perspective, she's also kind of claiming that it's a binary thing...either you're in or out. I don't agree with that. I think we all agree that "victimhood" is not productive, but it IS worthwhile to recognize certain injustices. Pulling oneself up by one's own bootstraps, but denying the struggle of others reminds me of the anti-feminist backlash in the 80s. It also reminds me of Clarence Thomas. "If I can, anyone can, end of...."

Not to reduce her argument, because it is nuanced an interesting, but there is an element of that in there.
I think you're neglecting how SJW's often react when a dissenting view is presented to them. If you stray from their orthodoxy the problem is you. It's an intimidation tactic that squashes growth and understanding of specific situations. You don't have to be a Clarence Thomas or Larry Elder to see a different truth in a specific circumstance. That's the problem

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'll just address the part where she says "it's even harder if you're white," since I am. There are white people, mainly conservatives, who keep insisting they don't see race, and do have a lot of fear that they're just about to be called a white supremacist, and worry that their kids are going to feel guilty if they are taught about slavery in school. They have a hard time talking about racial issues. (I will speak mainly to my own country, the US.) There are other white people that don't have so much of a problem talking about race or issues surrounding it, and don't feel we're going to be called out for it. If you actually know Black people, it's not so hard to talk about these things, and you don't feel like about to be a "wrong-thinker." Ibrahim X. Kendi invites us all to be anti-racist. That is an inclusive way of bringing everyone into the conversation.
Don't forget the progressives who on the one hand acknowledge the inequities in the education system, but also tend to be the first to resist the reforms that would solve the problem. It's funny to me that during my travels to the US observing nightlife, I often see more diversity in Republican leaning States than in Democratic ones. I wholeheartedly agree that denialism is rampant amongst the conservative community. But I'm increasingly starting to wonder if they are mainly reacting to the self righteousness of progressives (I haven't made up my mind on this, but my eyes are opening and I am wondering about it).

This is not to deny the centuries of horrific acts against minorities. For example, I'm constantly amazed at the racists who on the one hand claim that minorities are somehow inferior but also deny solutions that lead to an equality of opportunity. Is it possible that they're afraid that their bigotry has no foundation? It'll take generations to fix all the problems in the US. But let's not act like progressives don't also create obstacles for minorities. Deep down everyone in a position of advantage wants to maintain their advantages at the expense of others. Some like to virtue signal, others don't give a sh1t and don't hide from it. Honestly, it's hard to say which side is better!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Jeezuz.... The way these people use language to alter perceptions...

I've heard of this Minor Attracted stuff before and it's sickening, but will try to take its place by force, just like INCELs, transgenderism and all the other confusing abuser-friendly trends out there. Isn't also excruciatingly, boringly predictable that the sick activist in the video, who some must suffer agonies to call a "therapist" looks the way she looks? Same as the blue haired child abuser in the Matt Walsh video. When we saw the Hi-Di-Hi star Sue Pollard in her civvies we knew she looked that way because she was a daffy, loony comedienne. It was part of her flamboyant comic persona. Now, the deranged loons are called professor and therapist, but they're not so funny...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Preach brother. Preach!!

Bill Maher must be feeling very lonely in political commentary. He's sane. And he's correct on most of the big issues. This bad idea that he attacks here is another example of how external ideological interference has no place in the artistic decision making process. It can't help but create injustices and mediocrity, making everything it touches dreary and dull. We don't need to have seen the tragic attack on Salman Rushdie to know why, but every political or religious or social justice ideology that interferes with the arts is default setting wrong - and yet they all say they're the good guys, doing it for the higher good.

The higher good is to let artists decide on art, and that includes the casting of movies and television, and what can be written in books, and what can be said in song. We don't need creatively illiterate activists spoiling everything...

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Is it possible that wokeism might die a quicker death than we all think? Looking at some of the recent or pending movie or tv series fails, surely the big wigs in Hollywood are going to come to (or should have already) the realisation that it doesn't correlate well with making money. I refer of course to things like Amazon's new Lord of the Rings series, Marvel's She Hulk just to name a few of the product that is unlikely to do well at the box office. I'm not even mentioning the fact that film studios were willing to cancel Jonny Depp without due process but are still reluctant to do the same fully to Amber Heard. Let's see how Aquaman 2 does, but I'm sensing that if there's even a sniff of her in the finished product the whole thing will tank. Time will tell I guess...
I think the new Lord of the Rings series is almost dead in the water before it even begins. They have a great source material to operate from, but they’ve upset fans everywhere, already, just by showing their trailer. One of the female cast members boasted that her character in the show is an activist. Galadriel is now a female arse-kicking action hero.

This ridiculous equating of every show with an opportunity to display their woke politics is monotonous, moronic, and kryptonite to the creative process. I’ve seen shows begging to be put down after going woke.

One example being the alt-history show, For All Mankind on Apple, which was great in season one, but then the diversity issues began to loudly intrude. A season set in the 1980’s became a dreary brochure for identity politics. The casting, a box ticking exercise.

Even worse was Foundation, also on Apple, which I was really looking forward to. This show replaced every good character in the books with a black female, so we easy knew who were the good and the bad guys - the baddies were the white cast members. Simples. And stupid. A story set immeasurable years into the future lectured us on climate change, patriarchy, structural racism, using the usual dimwitted far-left propaganda talking points.

Annie with an E! A woman’s show, granted, but in my defence, I had no choice. The missus friend recommended it. We watched. It rapidly became embarrassing. It might have titled every episode the way Friends used to, “The One about Racism”, “The one about patriarchy”, “The one about toxic masculinity”, “The one about homosexual schoolchildren”, “The one about whatever horrid whiteness thingies are in fashion today.”

So this also has a source material based upon books from the early 1900’s. What we discovered about the early 1900’s was that SJWs back then were as irritatingly wrongminded about everything as their modern day counterparts. What a pity we learn nothing from history.

Speaking of Friends, the creator of the show self-flagellated in public, looking for modish sympathy merits by wailing that she hadn’t done enough about racism in the show. These people are in charge of creativity on television? :facepalm:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I kid you not. Try it!

1660742000027.png

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I kid you not. Try it!

View attachment 6977
This is of course the propaganda stage of this, the brainwashing. Further abuse, and confusion. Aided and abetted by big tech platforms. Their far-left bias is obvious, stupid and dangerous!

I did it just now and all the pages below the search refer me to radical left activists pages, all in health positions, spouting nonsense, just as if any of the things they say were scientifically true…

Last edited:

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Unbelievable! They'll be telling us next that men can naturally become pregnant. Lol.
They’re already saying that, and worse. Next they’ll say that actual men and women are the unnatural freaks. Though they’ve erased women, which is a mission accomplished for them…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
this cycle of 'believe women first' as opposed to 'hear women' and allow due process is starting to receive the scrutiny it deserves, thanks to Amber Heard. My only hope is that those who have falsely used this banner should be properly held accountable and punished. I've heard too many cases of men who've been falsely accused of rape and imprisoned, who've ended up exonerated and the accusers haven't even received jail time. If the true goal of feminism is equality, then those responsible need to be punished and punished severely for the destruction of people's lives. But for that to happen the misandry so obviously embedded at the top of feminist intellectual thinking needs to be uprooted. Thought this video clip was very interesting...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I kid you not. Try it!

View attachment 6977
Men menstruate, women womenstruate. I thought it was obvious. Menstruation is a misogynistic term.

I am myself having a period. A period of hallucination, I hope. It has lasted for about forty something years and counting.

P.S. Trans transtruate. Non-binaries n'binstruate (mind the guttural n). Be inclusive! Inscruate!

Or n'scruate....

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540