Serious PC thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Am I the only one who wants to beat the annoying woman trying to disturb the lecture with a hosepipe? The information he provided was seriously disturbing. I knew of Foucault. But some of these others like Judith Butler are new. How have they infiltrated our higher learning so deeply??

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Am I the only one who wants to beat the annoying woman trying to disturb the lecture with a hosepipe? The information he provided was seriously disturbing. I knew of Foucault. But some of these others like Judith Butler are new. How have they infiltrated our higher learning so deeply??

Wow. That man is great. The shrill activists shouting rude non sequiturs only emphasise how correct he is. And notice how their inner Commie is triggered, shouting at anyone agreeing with him - “we know who you are!” Stated as a threat. They’ll report anyone enjoying a classic breakdown of destructive queer theory to the blue haired politburo for ‘re-education…’

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

It’s homophobic to say that a child identifying as a cat is nuts? Homophobic?

Lucky that kid recorded the teacher. I doubt very much the teacher will face consequences. The brave kid, however, will have to face this battle all through their educational life… :facepalm:

Reactions: tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I’m not a fan of this guy but… bravo!

She switched from being smug and superior when she was talking about how to read evidence, to blathering stumbling time waster when she was presented with evidence against her scam and asked to present her own evidence that contradicts it. Just one study, and she couldn’t! :lulz1:

tented

Administrator
Reactions

This is infuriating. It makes me even more convinced that the LGB should be separated from the rest of the alphabet soup with which some have appended it. I haven’t read the queer theory founding document he refers to, but I’m going to look for it. If he’s right — and I suspect he is — it’s appalling this is being used to speak for and represent a group which includes gays/lesbians.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is infuriating. It makes me even more convinced that the LGB should be separated from the rest of the alphabet soup with which some have appended it. I haven’t read the queer theory founding document he refers to, but I’m going to look for it. If he’s right — and I suspect he is — it’s appalling this is being used to speak for and represent a group which includes gays/lesbians.
It's infuriating mate. The coastal morons who are enabling this don't even understand the history, the underlying motivations that power this. They've been seduced by a philosophy that purports to give succour to marginalised groups. This is what happens when people have no moral cores. I wish they would just wake up and get back to who they were a few decades ago

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Can anyone identify what this is? It seems like typical end of civilisation stuff? Even in the drug swarmed sixties shit didn’t get like this. And as Douglas Murray pointed out to Priti Patel on Twitter - this is happened during a period of 13 years of a so-called conservative government. Her reply wasn’t very reassuring:

IMG_0016.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Can anyone identify what this is? It seems like typical end of civilisation stuff? Even in the drug swarmed sixties shit didn’t get like this. And as Douglas Murray pointed out to Priti Patel on Twitter - this is happened during a period of 13 years of a so-called conservative government. Her reply wasn’t very reassuring:

View attachment 8318
This stuff is absolutely terrifying. It's the natural extension of the trans-gender nonsense. Remember some time ago when we rather flippantly asked our progressive friends what would be different if rather than gender people started identifying as animals. They scoffed at us. Well here we are now. I wonder what the fuckwits will say now?

Reactions: Kieran

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

View attachment 8318
Wait wait wait.... can we identify as DINOSAURS??

I am officially entering the bandwagon then! I identify as a giant Deinonychus!!! Fuck you all! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

• Haha

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This stuff is absolutely terrifying. It's the natural extension of the trans-gender nonsense. Remember some time ago when we rather flippantly asked our progressive friends what would be different if rather than gender people started identifying as animals. They scoffed at us. Well here we are now. I wonder what the fuckwits will say now?
Why are people so preoccupied with identity recently? Not once growing up did this become a conversation, and nor as a young adult. Not ten years ago! But suddenly there’s a narcissistic fixation on self identity. I know it could be said that I grew up in a mainly white country but Ireland had been inundated with foreign nationals for over thirty years but this is a different thing. A generational shift in people’s preoccupations, which seem more and more focussed on themselves.

In a health food store the other day - Holland & Barrett - the staff had a bowl of badges with pronouns on them. I live to see the day when this is something. Laughable. But definitely self identity has become the defining feature of our age. Maybe we have things too good and we’re too spoilt to appreciate it?

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Wait wait wait.... can we identify as DINOSAURS??

I am officially entering the bandwagon then! I identify as a giant Deinonychus!!! Fuck you all! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Yeah now I kind of see the benefits.. :lulz1:

Reactions: mrzz

tented

Administrator
Reactions
What’s also frustrating, disturbing and disheartening is that the Left used to be (apparently) the group which advocated and stressed science, while accusing the Right of ignoring it. Global warming is the prime example from the last few decades: the Left has accused the Right of ignoring the science of the reality of global warming.

Now, we’ve switched places, with the Left acting as if science doesn’t matter one bit when it comes to sexuality/gender. I’m reminded of that video of students walking out of a classroom in protest when a *female* lecturer stated that, yes, men are genetically predisposed to being taller, stranger, and so forth vs. women. And now this gender crap: pretending there are more than two sexes — this is supposed be Biology 101! It’s a fact there are two sexes, and people can’t randomly decide they’ve switched from one to the other — if not become a third category — simply through the application or removal of makeup and dresses.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
What’s also frustrating, disturbing and disheartening is that the Left used to be (apparently) the group which advocated and stressed science, while accusing the Right of ignoring it. Global warming is the prime example from the last few decades: the Left has accused the Right of ignoring the science of the reality of global warming.

Now, we’ve switched places, with the Left acting as if science doesn’t matter one bit when it comes to sexuality/gender. I’m reminded of that video of students walking out of a classroom in protest when a *female* lecturer stated that, yes, men are genetically predisposed to being taller, stranger, and so forth vs. women. And now this gender crap: pretending there are more than two sexes — this is supposed be Biology 101! It’s a fact there are two sexes, and people can’t randomly decide they’ve switched from one to the other — if not become a third category — simply through the application or removal of makeup and dresses.
That’s true about “The Science” but the left have a strange relationship with science now, especially after the last few years. The left can’t be trusted with anything now, really, until they get their house in order. They have too much control, and they’re abusing it…

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That’s true about “The Science” but the left have a strange relationship with science now, especially after the last few years. The left can’t be trusted with anything now, really, until they get their house in order. They have too much control, and they’re abusing it…
See here is where your “tribalism” loses me.

I agree that so called progressives have rejected science and biology in lieu of what is popularly known as identity politics.

Never thought that in my lifetime “the gender of your birth” is treated as a disposable incovenient afterthought versus how you “identify.” How is biology rejected?

But the Right are not any saner.

Many of the right STILL reject the science of climate change. Study after study and quantifiable data shows clearly that beyond natural fluctuations of the earth’s orbit which caused previous ice ages, overwhelming evidence supports that man made burning of fossil fuels creates emissions that are heat trapping. Internal Exxon researchers models predicted uncannily accurately back in the late 70’s the rising of sea levels and other climate change effects due to fossil fuel burning. Almost unanimously the scientific community agrees with this and yet many in the Right still refuse to recognize Climate change as a “real thing”.

The Left cannot be trusted but good heavens the stewardship nor survival of the planet cannot be trusted to the Right either.

Worst case scenario is a floating melting icecap with the last 2 human survivors, one a genderless individual who won’t procreate because of “indentity” issues and the other survivor who insists they wait to mate because they have many many more years until the situation is dire because after all climate change is a “hoax”.

We’re screwed.

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions

I agree that so called progressives have rejected science and biology in lieu of what is popularly known as identity politics.

Never thought that in my lifetime “the gender of your birth” is treated as a disposable incovenient afterthought versus how you “identify.” How is biology rejected?

Many of the right STILL reject the science of climate change. Study after study and quantifiable data shows clearly that beyond natural fluctuations of the earth’s orbit which caused previous ice ages, overwhelming evidence supports that man made burning of fossil fuels creates emissions that are heat trapping. Internal Exxon researchers models predicted uncannily accurately back in the late 70’s the rising of sea levels and other climate change effects due to fossil fuel burning. Almost unanimously the scientific community agrees with this and yet many in the Right still refuse to recognize Climate change as a “real thing”.

The Left cannot be trusted but good heavens the stewardship nor survival of the planet cannot be trusted to the Right either.

Worst case scenario is a floating melting icecap with the last 2 human survivors, one a genderless individual who won’t procreate because of “indentity” issues and the other survivor who insists they wait to mate because they have many many more years until the situation is dire because after all climate change is a “hoax”.

We’re screwed.
All true.

We — i.e., society, in general — need to stop being so damn binary. If the Left is wrong about something that doesn’t automatically mean the Right is correct, and vice versa. A third, or fourth, or fifth way is probably correct. I get tired of liberal friends thinking I’ve become a Trump-loving Republican just because I criticize some Democrats.

Reactions: Jelenafan

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

We’re screwed.
Brother, amen to every word. I’m neither left nor right, so I’m not tribalist. However, the left control the media, the schools, the universities. The influence of the left in all these places is catastrophic at the moment and so they don’t deserve to be in power anywhere until they rein in their shit. We see it all the time, when the more lunatic elements of the left are abusing children, or rioting, murdering and looting on the streets, the supposedly compassionate, normal left are making excuses for them. Justifying them. Meanwhile, the west is destroying itself and it’s largely because the left won the culture war but haven’t stopped fighting. I’m trying to think of any new destructive ideas from the right that have taken off in as big and destructive a way as the racial and gender theories that are being forced on everyone by the left.

I’ve actually said several times that the problem is that conservatives haven’t been strong enough in combating this, because for any society to function and succeed it requires strong and sane conservative and liberal voices working in collaboration. Either side left alone is not good for us. But anyone who is even slightly to the centre right gets denounced and defamed as a Nazi, or Nazi adjacent. There was a famous incident on television in England where some young woman got frustrated with the presenter and shouted, I’m literally a communist, you idiot, and that’s seemingly okay. Despite bragging that she was aligned to the most destructive political ideology of the last two centuries, she was cheered, because we see that ideology gaining ground everywhere.

The left can’t be trusted to stop this…

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions

View attachment 8318
I think that is absolutely ridiculous. When I was in 1st school, the only times you could be an animal was in English class when you were reading, writing a story or poem or when you were in drama. The same went for other schools. The rest of the time if you insisted you were an animal you were told that was silly & you were a girl/boy (which is what I think should happen now). I wish I was a horse at times but that doesn't mean I can be a horse just because I want to. These children need to learn that they are what they are (girl/boy) & they can't always get what they want. They have to learn to accept themselves for who they are (which can be hard).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540