Serious PC thread

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
“people with a capacity for pregnancy…":facepalm:

That woman…is a professor! :lulz1: :lulz1:

She’s the bug eyed screecher who went viral for explaining sweetly to Senator Hawkins with her mad eyes popping out of her head that men can get pregnant and his questions were violence. Wouldn’t answer any of his questions, just parroted far left talking points.

She was invited to that hearing by the Democrats…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s a fairly confusing mixture, though, isn’t it?

What’s known to be true is that he “provided funding to some groups that engaged in Ferguson-related protest activities,” but what’s claimed to be false is that he gave “money to various groups for the express purpose of promoting Ferguson-related protests and riots.”

But some of the funding went to people who were causing the violence, and presumably promoting it? Or has anyone been able to distinguish between the “mostly peaceful protesters” and murderous looters? And has anybody been able to prove that his money that went to fund protesters wasn’t used to promote violence?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
That’s a fairly confusing mixture, though, isn’t it?

What’s known to be true is that he “provided funding to some groups that engaged in Ferguson-related protest activities,” but what’s claimed to be false is that he gave “money to various groups for the express purpose of promoting Ferguson-related protests and riots.”

But some of the funding went to people who were causing the violence, and presumably promoting it? Or has anyone been able to distinguish between the “mostly peaceful protesters” and murderous looters? And has anybody been able to prove that his money that went to fund protesters wasn’t used to promote violence?

He gave money to groups without any foreknowledge of or an intention to promote violence. He’s not dumb enough to have funded groups he *knew* in advance would engage in violence. Once the money has been donated, I don’t think he can get it back, but if the records were checked, my guess is these groups didn’t receive additional donations.

This section on the Snope’s page puts it best: “But taking that information and converting it into the assertion Soros himself funded Ferguson-related protests and riots is problematic for a number of reasons. Although George Soros is the founder and chairman of OSF, he quite obviously does not personally oversee and approve every single grant made by the OSF network to the multitude of organizations and programs that the network helps to fund. As well, the $33 million figure includes just about every organization with any connection to Ferguson-related activism that received monies from the OSF network, even if their involvement was tangential (such as publishing, writing, or promoting hashtags about the issue). And that such groups may have received part of their funding from the OSF network doesn't mean those funds were given for the specific purpose of organizing Ferguson-related protests, or with the knowledge or intent they would be used thusly.”

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
He gave money to groups without any foreknowledge of or an intention to promote violence. He’s not dumb enough to have funded groups he *knew* in advance would engage in violence. Once the money has been donated, I don’t think he can get it back, but if the records were checked, my guess is these groups didn’t receive additional donations.
If he funded the Ferguson-related protesters then it’s not far fetched to say he knew there would be violence. That’s not to say he funded them with the intention of promoting violence, this is why I say it’s a confusing mixture. Those protests were relatively peaceful compared to later ones…

tented

Administrator
Reactions
If he funded the Ferguson-related protesters then it’s not far fetched to say he knew there would be violence. That’s not to say he funded them with the intention of promoting violence, this is why I say it’s a confusing mixture. Those protests were relatively peaceful compared to later ones…
It looks like you replied before I edited my post to include the quote about Soros not being intimately involved in funding, etc.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Which is it? Men and women are the same as the feminists used to argue for equality or this new argument that they have different brains. And if it is true that they have different brains are they equal? They need to make their arguments consistent!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The kids need to be taken away from parents like these…

He’s right, they’re groomers. I can imagine the bragging rights they had among their trendy leftist friends. They’re sickos. The dad grinning happily when she said the kid wore a towel down his back pretending it’s a girls hair? Yeah that’s a scientific indicator that a girl is trapped inside a boys body. Pure irrefutable science. Just like when I was a kid and I wore a towel down my back and thought I was Superman and I could fly. The towel would have protected me!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I love her!

She’s great, and here she’s hit on a true thing, which is that if we accept the innovative, loaded, politically driven terminology, then we’ve accepted the Trojan horse into our lives. Lots of other stuff follows from accepting their terms, when it comes to language..

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
She’s great, and here she’s hit on a true thing, which is that if we accept the innovative, loaded, politically driven terminology, then we’ve accepted the Trojan horse into our lives. Lots of other stuff follows from accepting their terms, when it comes to language..
exactly! Never negotiate with terrorists

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
exactly! Never negotiate with terrorists
And that’s what they are, compete with their own version of Useful Idiots on the left. I remember Canada was openly ruminating about self ID a few years ago and the idea of changing your gender daily - basically on a whim - was gaining currency, and in a social media post somebody said that would be handy in a crowded pub if the ladies toilet is nearest, then the discussion obviously developed to include predators who’d suddenly changed gender to follow women into their toilet.

I remarked, ‘Exactly,’ and my Canadian cousin (born here but moved there 30 years ago) said, ‘oh it’s not that bad, we tend to get there in the end,’ meaning that with a couple of tweaks they’d get this narcissistic unworkable self ID policy correct.

‘You certainly do,’ I replied to her, though I think she thought I was agreeing with her, instead of saying you certainly do get to strange places. She would be the type of tribal Canadian minded person who swallows without chewing every fad and fashion of mindless lefty politics..

Reactions: Federberg
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540