Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This was actually a good match from Rune. He showed his mental resilience and the tools needed to be a great player in the future.

Two major things he needs to really work on this offseason: Match fitness AND tennis strategy.

I think his match fitness will improve as he gets more experienced and older.

As for his tennis strategy, he needs to be more aware on what type of shots he needs to hit in order to maximize his chances to win the match. For often than not, he goes by his instincts and talent thus you will see a great shot one point, but a bad shot the very next point. I would argue that once he is able to develop his tennis strategies, it would help his tennis fitness level because he won’t have to spend too much energy on different shots.
Well I felt Rune needed to win in 4 sets, he did have the upper hand, as I mentioned going 5 sets, to me, Zverev had the edge in this present match up
I hope Rune sticks with Patrick M, they seem to have a good working relationship, match fitness is a must, remember clay is the surface that tests you physically
Rune has the tools, sometimes he does play the wrong shot or goes too early for his shot, not showing patience, which ends up in a error or forced error, that is an area that Rune and Patrick M need to work on together

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for QF, Tuesday, June 4, 2024

1717469295834.png

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Skill & experience 'won out' to make this a strong Men's QF w/ the 4 top seeds making it! Only Novak & Sascha were in danger of being upset IIRC! The tournament must be thrilled; esp. w/ Novak hanging on in his last 2 matches in 5 sets! The women held as well w/ their top 5 seeds getting to the QF & only 1 unseeded player! It's been amazing for this to occur in Paris on clay in these day & ages! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner's tactics of getting the ball high up into Dimitrov bhand working well so far early in the 1st set, breaks Dimitrov leads 3-1
Sinner 62, didnt lose many points on serve, only 3, a good serving display so far, wind has picked up a bit on Chatrier.
Sunny conditions making the court faster than it has been in the 1st week.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner leads 2 sets to love, Sinner 64, Dimitrov cannot get into Sinner's services games at all so far, Sinner has not faced a BP as yet, a good display of serving from Sinner, btw this is the first time that Sinner has played with the roof open
The court is being watered and raked, seeing the sun is shining a good opportunity for watering

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

It is official: Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from Roland Garros.

Therefore, Jannik Sinner will be the new no.1 player next Monday in the computer rankings.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

It is official: Novak Djokovic has withdrawn from Roland Garros.

Therefore, Jannik Sinner will be the new no.1 player next Monday in the computer rankings.

I am not surprised he should have withdrawn in his match against Cerundolo, seeing the grass season is just around the corner and the Olympics a wise decision

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Meanwhile Sinner puts in a poor service game while serving for the match at 5-4
Back on serve 5 games all 3rd set
Sinner will now serve 5-6 to force a TB for the 3rd set
6 games all TB

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sinner d Dimitrov 62 64 76(3) to reach his first RG SF
BTW Sinner made Dimitrov hit 187 backhands to 144 forehands
Sinner 3rd career SF, all in the last 4 majors
Awaits Alcaraz or Tsitsipas on Friday

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Further reading regarding Novak's withdrawal the scan showed a 'meniscus tear' in his knee,

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jannik Sinner,

" It's everyones dream to become the No 1 in the world.But to see Novak retire is disappointing. I wish him a speedy recovery".

Reactions: kskate2 and Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Now that the injury is real, we have to wonder if he is going to be ready for Wimbledon and OG.
That was my thought after I read it was a" meniscus tear' he will be guided by his doctors and we will have to wait and see if the tear does heal in time for Wimby and the OG

Reactions: don_fabio
Status
Not open for further replies.