Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Don Fabio,

No mention of the size of the tear? usually you need rest, ice, pain relievers and physio, if it is bad, surgery maybe required

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now that the injury is real, we have to wonder if he is going to be ready for Wimbledon and OG.
Here’s another thing that he needs to consider too: Is it actually good for his knee to go from Clay to Grass and back to Clay? It won’t be an easy decision for him and his team.

Reactions: don_fabio

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
So, he's cried wolf so many times, that he didn't realize his knee was hurting him? Instead of stopping the match yesterday, he continued to play on it in some what, heroic effort to show us he's not really 37?

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Out of everyone left, I really hope Casper Ruud can put it together to grab an RG trophy.
Honestly, since De Manure beat Struff, I'm completely disinterested. Alcaraz hits great shots but the constant appealing to the crowd for applause really gets on my nerves. I'd have to go with Sinner of preference to win it personally here. I find Ruud boring asf.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I hope Sinner wins the French Open, so we know this is the beginning of something truly special, like Federer in 2004 or Djokovic in 2011.

Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay after my much needed Nanna Nap how many days is it to the AO 2025 again lol!
Charly and Stef match has just started
Vamos Charly!

• Haha
Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So, he's cried wolf so many times, that he didn't realize his knee was hurting him? Instead of stopping the match yesterday, he continued to play on it in some what, heroic effort to show us he's not really 37?
Agree, he should have retired in his match, against Cerundolo, I remember saying that when it was obvious there was something wrong, now he has a battle getting that 'Meniscus Tear' in his knee to heal in time for Wimby and the Olympics.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Agree, he should have retired in his match, against Cerundolo, I remember saying that when it was obvious there was something wrong, now he has a battle getting that 'Meniscus Tear' in his knee to heal in time for Wimby and the Olympics.
Ask Dr. Fronty.. a M tear isnt that big of deal.. (typically) he can get a scope and be back in the mix for Wimbledon. However.. it could be a major tear which i doubt because he was able to continue (dont ever under estimate the good stuff Novak has in his bottle of forever youth.

Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wish this match was more competitive
Stef's dad talking No Stop to his son
Carlos targeting the Stef Bhand? no surprises there no?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ask Dr. Fronty.. a M tear isnt that big of deal.. (typically) he can get a scope and be back in the mix for Wimbledon. However.. it could be a major tear which i doubt because he was able to continue (dont ever under estimate the good stuff Novak has in his bottle of forever youth.
No it isnt a big deal as such, rest ice,, pain relivers and physio, he could have to get a scope if needed as we dont know how big the tear is, also he is no spring chicken anymore, could take a little longer to heal
Anyway he should have retired in his match against Cerundolo yesterday, madness he continued playing

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos why are you making this 2nd set more complicated than it should be? you had a break and now it is 5 all?

Reactions: kskate2

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I wish this match was more competitive
Stef's dad talking No Stop to his son
Carlos targeting the Stef Bhand? no surprises there no?
Pegasus will need to grow a pair to be able to deal with the younger Spaniard.. Carlos is gonna dictate the points which is gonna put Stefanos at a huge disadvantage.. terrible game plan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Pegasus will need to grow a pair to be able to deal with the younger Spaniard.. Carlos is gonna dictate the points which is gonna put Stefanos at a huge disadvantage.. terrible game plan
LOL! his father non stop talking his giving me the sh its
Stef is now serving to force a TB in the 2nd set 5-6
6 games all TB for the 2nd set

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos leads The Greek God 2 sets to love 63 76(3),Stef's return game is lacking as usual, I mean I could go on? we have all seen this movie script with Stef before
Remember he does have a H2H 5-0 over The Greek God

Reactions: kskate2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Greek God complaining about Carlos 'grunt' to the umpire? saying it is too long? LOL!
Nice try Stef that is not going to change the game or match up for you, btw tell your father to put a sock in his mouth

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
whats the h2h between de Minaur and Zverev...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
The Greek God complaining about Carlos 'grunt' to the umpire?
Nice try Stef that is not going to change the game or match up for you, btw tell your father to put a sock in his mouth
Not able to watch but can't disagree that Alcaraz has a pathetic, annoying grunt even though he's exciting to watch. It just detracts so much from how much many ppl enjoy watching them (anyone who grunts) and it's very hard to play against.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not able to watch but can't disagree that Alcaraz has a pathetic, annoying grunt even though he's exciting to watch. It just detracts so much from how much many ppl enjoy watching them and it's very hard to play against.
I personally dont like grunts I mean Sara Errani must have the worst grunt I have heard, though Stef is really scraping the bottom of the barrel, he is down 2 sets to love, and he has never complained to the umpire before regarding Carlos grunt in their previous matches

Status
Not open for further replies.