Roland Garros / French Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Alcaraz d Tsitsips 63 76(3) 64, improving his H2H against The Greek God 6-0
Alcaraz will play Sinner in SF on Friday
Vamos Alcaraz! it should be a competitive match going on their last matches!
Their H2H is tied at 4 all

Reactions: Front242 and Moxie

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I personally dont like grunts I mean Sara Errani must have the worst grunt I have heard, though Stef is really scraping the bottom of the barrel, he is down 2 sets to love, and he has never complained to the umpire before regarding Carlos grunt in their previous matches
Errani is a joke yup. Unbearable.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Order of Play for QF, Wednesday, June 5, 2024

1717543018067.png

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Looks like Stefanos lost like a last year. Very similar score, which means zero improvement from his side. He should be able to take a set off Alcaraz; at least that.

It's a shame that the state of affairs hasn't changed much! Way back when "The Lost Gen" was coined w/ all kinds of talent, but no significant wins they could tout! We actually gave them excuses for their limited success! Injuries were rampant w/ some of our best like Milos, Grigor, Del Po, & Kei, but most of them given a pass due to the "Big 3-4!" Another wave has come thru, but they can't blame it on Fedalovicray! Only Novak remains & he hasn't produced a ripple of success this season! Tsitsipas, Zverev, Thiem, & Medvedev are on the verge of being classified "The Lost Gen II!" They've already been surpassed by kids; Sinner & Alcaraz leading the way! I'm afraid Stefanos will end up about as irrelevant as David Ferrer; good, had talent, was fit, but making only a couple major finals! Dom & Danill at least stole a couple majors, but even their Masters success has been stunted! END RANT! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just an update on Novak Djokovic ( source Sasa Ozmo Serbian tennis journalist)

Novak Djokovic will undergo surgical procedure on his knee today in Paris and will need 3 weeks of rest to recover will probably miss Wimbledon and will try to recover for the Olympics

Reactions: Moxie and don_fabio

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Looks like Stephanos lost like a last year. Very similar score, which means zero improvement from his side. He should be able to take a set off Alcaraz, at least that.
I partly blame Arnaldi for letting Tsitsipas off the hook in the last match. I'm pretty sure Arnaldi would have given Alcaraz a better game. Tsitsipas just does the bare minimum to get by.

Reactions: don_fabio

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Novak Djokovic will undergo surgical procedure on his knee today in Paris and will need 3 weeks of rest to recover will probably miss Wimbledon and will try to recover for the Olympics
He won't mind the Wimbledon given the circumstances, but I think he will do everything he can to be fully up and running for the OG.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

maybe its time to pack it up...

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At his age the meniscal tear is a precursor of a slow decline that will largely be irreversible. Federer had the knee issues in his late thirties and it led to his retiring. It is as much a belief thing as a physical thing I believe. Now I think he needs to think about how many real chances will he have to bag a 25th major and try his hardest to take it when and if it ever presents itself.

Reactions: don_fabio and Moxie

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
He wont play the games. The knee will be too tender and he will not be able to fully trust his body to endure the red dirt again at RG.
Weren't you just here yesterday saying this tear wasn't a big deal? Now he'll be too tender to play on the clay. Which one is it, bro?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Zverev won the 1st set 64 quite an ugly first set match may I say, Zverev W 5 UFE 17, De Minaur W 6 UFE 16

I am going for a run and will check the scores when I get back
May I add the womens QFs matches earlier were terrific!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just got back from my run and Alex is still hanging in the 3rd set
Zverev leads 2 sets to love

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Zverev d de Minaur 64 76(5) 64
Zverev 14 W 38 UFE De Minaur W 18 UFE 37, dosent happen too often that both players play at such a low level
Zverev will play Ruud in the SF, Ruud had a walkover to the SF, as Djokovic withdrew
Zverev and Ruud H2H are 2 all.

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Mens SFs Friday on Chatrier,
2.30pm,
Alcaraz vs Sinner H2H 4 all
Not before 5.30pm
Zverev vs Ruud H2H 2 all

Reactions: AnonymousFan