Roland Garros Day 8: Sunday, June 1 - Order of Play

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
herios said:
Losing in the 4th round for Roger at RG is just one more step on his downhill trend from his heights.

Wait, we still have to say that Federer is declining after every loss? I think you're a good 4 years too late.
:cry:clap

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Losing in the 4th round for Roger at RG is just one more step on his downhill trend from his heights.
and Milos with a break in the 3rd.

This is nothing compared to him losing in 2nd round of Wimbledon and 4th round of USO, Roger hasn't had a pulse on clay since 2011 and a little bit in 2012.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
herios said:

Wait, we still have to say that Federer is declining after every loss? I think you're a good 4 years too late.

Nope I am not.
Roger at RG:

2011 Final
2012 SF
2013 QF
2014 4th round.
Have you heard about a linear decline?
This is a classical one.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
herios said:

This is nothing compared to him losing in 2nd round of Wimbledon and 4th round of USO, Roger hasn't had a pulse on clay since 2011 and a little bit in 2012.

I was only talking about his performance at RG, not his general performance overall.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
herios said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
herios said:

Nope I am not.
Roger at RG:

2011 Final
2012 SF
2013 QF
2014 4th round.
Have you heard about a liner decline?
This is a classical one.

Wait, maybe it is cyclical and next year it is the Final again?;)

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
:clap:clap
Superb performance by Milos to earn his first slam QF ever
:clap

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
DarthFed said:
herios said:

I was only talking about his performance at RG, not his general performance overall.

And the point is? So if he reaches 3rd round of Wimbledon this year should we talk about how he is rejuvenated?

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
:clap:clap
Superb performance by Milos to earn his first slam QF ever
:clap

Congrats Milos... he got so excited after winning I think he inhaled and got two ball kids stuck in his nostrils.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
herios said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
herios said:

Nope I am not.
Roger at RG:

2011 Final
2012 SF
2013 QF
2014 4th round.
Have you heard about a liner decline?
This is a classical one.

Wait, maybe it is cyclical and next year it is the Final again?;)

If he will manage a final next year, I will take all my hats off in front of the Maestro, no question.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
herios said:
DarthFed said:
herios said:

And the point is? So if he reaches 3rd round of Wimbledon this year should we talk about how he is rejuvenated?

The point is this was his worst RG in 10 years. Only that.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow! I've been looking forward to this match all day, and it's not a spectacle

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Went to the gym when Fed and Gulbis were just about to start the 2nd set TB, not knowing Fed had 40-15 at 5-4 'cos I was in and out of the room the whole time before that. Reading all the comments here ('cos I was stuck on page 4 before I left) it seems a horrific overhead is what Fed will be kicking himself over. From what I watched he was passive as hell and didn't deserve to win anyway. Hats off to Gulbis. Makes it easier to swallow when a player I like beats Fed. Just hope Fed does better next 2 slams this year though. From what I watched he was playing very passive and inoffensive. Kind of PG as opposed to 18's certified Fed.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Glad to see him making quick work so far. No need to let Jo Willie stick around and get in a groove with the French crowd behind him.