Roland Garros Day 8: Sunday, June 1 - Order of Play

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Impressive from Gulbis, I must say. I was briefly trying to like Ernie this spring, but then he opened his mouth...:nono

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I stopped watching. Glad that's over. Now for Novak - JoWillie

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
Whatever I feel like fed has better chance at Wimbledon anyway. He'll get a good break. I doubt he's gonna play warmup since he just had kids

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
Having predicted it does not hurt any less but this was a big possibility , no? Ernie has been playin great tennis and this match up has not been easy for Roger in the best of days.

Congrats to Ernie. Head case or not, when he brings it, he is tough. The fact that he did not crumble in a 5 setter shows that there has been some maturing on his part. Well done.

Green grass of Halle might give Roger some comfort I hope.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Roger will look back on that overhead at set point in the 2nd set with big regret. Anyway, he was playing mediocre all around. Really interested how he'll do on grass and faster hard courts. I think he'll be relatively fine to be honest.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
crystalfire said:
Whatever I feel like fed has better chance at Wimbledon anyway. He'll get a good break. I doubt he's gonna play warmup since he just had kids

I think he'll play Halle.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Roger will look back on that overhead at set point in the 2nd set with big regret. Anyway, he was playing mediocre all around. Really interested how he'll do on grass and faster hard courts. I think he'll be relatively fine to be honest.

At his level he has to be able to put stuff like that behind him. He was just playing stupid today. Spent 2 sets warming up Gulbis backhand. Didn't make any sense at all.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Season starts now for Roger as mentioned. He'd have been lucky to get a set from Berd and that'd have been 3 straight routs at majors. Might as well get ready for grass, he should have plenty of energy. And he also had looked awful on clay heading into 2012 Wimbledon too so it is about whether he can flip a switch and play decent tennis.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Okay, I got the nitro pills out on the side table.

Bring on Djo v. Jo!

Did anyone think Granola-bar had a real shot against Raonic?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
There's a risk that he could be passed as number 4, but hopefully Halle and previous performances help him keep the Wimbledon rank

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Season starts now for Roger as mentioned. He'd have been lucky to get a set from Berd and that'd have been 3 straight routs at majors. Might as well get ready for grass, he should have plenty of energy. And he also had looked awful on clay heading into 2012 Wimbledon too so it is about whether he can flip a switch and play decent tennis.

I realy hope you are right