Roland Garros Day 8: Sunday, June 1 - Order of Play

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Aaaand Novak wins the third set 6-1, while NBC is showing Stosur v. Sharapova. :cover

Surprisingly one sided match. Good to see Novak getting through easily. :clap

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Rose said:
Front242 said:
Rose said:
Sexist pig or not--Ernie :heart:

I read all the comments on tennis.com and for the life of me I can't see what the hell people are calling him sexist for.

He made some remarks about woman being at home with children instead of playing tennis. I think it was played up to be a lot more than what it actual was myself.

And besides their have been mothers not only playing tennis, but winning :D

Well, he was asked about his sisters. He stated that he would not want them to play professionally because they would have to delay starting a family until their thirties... etc.

Maria Sharapova actually backed him up when she was asked.

Haber called him a misogynist. My response is that not everyone has the same culture and beliefs about family - not even in America. I guess judging others for having differing viewpoints is part of human nature.

I think you misinterpreted Maria. She was diplomatic, and rather amused, but she said that she doesn't think even he believes everything he says. Personally, I think, like Soderling, he embraces his bad guy hat, and likes to stir things up.

Tennis Miller

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Front242 said:
Both Fed and Gulbis' post match press conferences should be interesting anyway.

1908018_842773732410306_3835891508106270842_n.jpg

Not only is this an awesome pic, but the head looks EXACTLY like Raonic.

Cheers

TM

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Today can still be a good day if Stosur beats that stuck up noisy pig and so far so good, she is.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I wish Carillo did not mention Federer's name, ever. Her happiness in his losses make me sick.

Does Carillo hate Federer?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I wish Carillo did not mention Federer's name, ever. Her happiness in his losses make me sick.

Was watching Murray's match on ITV over here and Mark Petchey's Murray worship has always sickened me as well.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Today can still be a good day if Stosur beats that stuck up noisy pig and so far so good, she is.
Not many people like Maria. I think it also because of the media that talks her up, and try to make her more beautiful or richer than she is.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
atttomole said:
Front242 said:
Not many people like Maria. I think it also because of the media that talks her up, and try to make her more beautiful or richer than she is.

Well she sure isn't beautiful imo but I just hate the way she stares down the court with that stoic, stuck up gaze on her face and she's very ungracious when she loses. Actually a bigger issue with WTA than ATP. The casual handshake with no eye contact. Hoping we get to witness it soon :D

Not to mention the pathetic noise from her. She sounds like a cow giving birth to ten calves.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
1972Murat said:
atttomole said:
1972Murat said:

"Hate" might not be the right word, but she is no fan that's for sure. She never misses an opportunity to take a jab.

This must be a recent development. I've always thought Carillo is quite the fangirl when it comes to Roger.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
atttomole said:
1972Murat said:

"Hate" might not be the right word, but she is no fan that's for sure. She never misses an opportunity to take a jab.
I think Mary is kind of free-spoken. I remember one time in 2010 when she called Nadal a grinder, and Federer a short maker. Sometimes she exaggerates.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
atttomole said:
Front242 said:

Well she sure isn't beautiful imo but I just hate the way she stares down the court with that stoic, stuck up gaze on her face and she's very ungracious when she loses.

When you were younger, did you have a huge crush on someone who looked just like Maria? Did she crush you? :snigger

I do like her. She's not as a cute as Ivanovic, or Camilla Giorgi, but I love her groundies.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Front242 said:
atttomole said:
Front242 said:

Well she sure isn't beautiful imo but I just hate the way she stares down the court with that stoic, stuck up gaze on her face and she's very ungracious when she loses.

When you were younger, did you have a huge crush on someone who looked just like Maria? Did she crush you? :snigger

I do like her. She's not as a cute as Ivanovic, or Camilla Giorgi, but I love her groundies.

Nah, never been into long legged manly giraffes with huge shoulders :D She's playing well in set 3 alright but lost count how many times Stosur used poor tactics and hit the ball right to her. She hits some nice shots but she's basically a one dimensional ball basher and nothing more. There's no plan B. It's simply plan A: hit the ball as hard as possible and if that's not working hit the ball even harder, of course while simultaneously screeching like she's giving birth to calves.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
nehmeth said:

Nah, never been into long legged manly giraffes with huge shoulders :D

So Camilla Giorgi it is... :)

6-0 in the third.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Looking at tomorrow, what are the chances of a Serb (not named Djokovic) beating Rafa at the French?

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
DarthFed said:
1972Murat said:
atttomole said:
1972Murat said:

This must be a recent development. I've always thought Carillo is quite the fangirl when it comes to Roger.

I also. as far as I remember, thought Mary liked Roger. Now, NBC will show the 5th set of Fedbis, so I will listen carefully what she will say.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
hum :huh: fedster lost to mr bozo, that mto seemed really dodgy, :puzzled I was thinking it was a tricky match for roger but that overhead volley on 2nd set set point was so deflating to watch..and that match point was a floaty bh down the line that drifted out..exactly the same as feds match point loss at wimby last year. :s

good news for grass ahead..no one really thought he could win FO (did they ?), has an extra week off before slightly more realistic attempt at halle-Wimbledon double.

and if he'd have won v gulbis, who wants to see roger probably lose to skeletor in the fo qf anyhoo ?..not me. Federer has hoovered up some rank points on clay, will prob be top4 rank at wimby or 5 at worst.