Roland Garros Day 8: Sunday, June 1 - Order of Play

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
carillo is mental for nadal..that much is clear, some say she is just mental but I won't comment on that.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DarthFed said:
1972Murat said:
atttomole said:
1972Murat said:
I wish Carillo did not mention Federer's name, ever. Her happiness in his losses make me sick.

Does Carillo hate Federer?

"Hate" might not be the right word, but she is no fan that's for sure. She never misses an opportunity to take a jab.

This must be a recent development. I've always thought Carillo is quite the fangirl when it comes to Roger.

That's just Carillo being Carillo. She was quite the Fed fan and couldn't stop singing his genius praises. I noticed when he started to decline you would hear more negativity from her.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:
1972Murat said:
atttomole said:
1972Murat said:
I wish Carillo did not mention Federer's name, ever. Her happiness in his losses make me sick.

"Hate" might not be the right word, but she is no fan that's for sure. She never misses an opportunity to take a jab.

This must be a recent development. I've always thought Carillo is quite the fangirl when it comes to Roger.

That's just Carillo being Carillo. She was quite the Fed fan and couldn't stop singing his genius praises. I noticed when he started to decline you would hear more negativity from her.

Weird, I'd think I'd have noticed that "negativity" 5-6 years ago then. She always seemed to kiss the ground he walks on. She is a strange bird regardless.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
DarthFed said:
1972Murat said:
atttomole said:

Weird, I'd think I'd have noticed that "negativity" 5-6 years ago then. She always seemed to kiss the ground he walks on. She is a strange bird regardless.

Her tone changed gradually as Roger declined. Her favorite quote is "How can Roger be GOAT when he is not even the greatest of his own time". She would have Nadal's babies any second if he asked. I find her irritating.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Her tone changed gradually as Roger declined. Her favorite quote is "How can Roger be GOAT when he is not even the greatest of his own time". She would have Nadal's babies any second if he asked. I find her irritating.

:snigger

At 57, I think that ship has passed for the old girl.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
nehmeth said:
1972Murat said:

It is the new 37, no?;)

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Looking at tomorrow, what are the chances of a Serb (not named Djokovic) beating Rafa at the French?

Non-existent. Poor Lajovic, Nadal is a nightmare match-up for him. Not consistent, single-hander, small, no power.

Question is more like how many bakery products will he bring home with him? Im going for three.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ I am not concerned with that match up.I am looking ahead at Rafa's q/finals...I am not liking his present 'powder puff serve.............

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
If you're looking for people who can potentially knock Rafa off before the final, the only realistic one is Ferrer. You could make a case for Murray if he plays at his best and Nadal is ailing slightly, but you can't really rely on Andy at the moment to turn up and sustain that level to beat him in a five set match.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ Even still, Ferrer has rather just a prayer, I think. He's playing well, but he won't do it in best of 5 scenario. I'll be a little surprised if Murray makes it past Verdasco, tbh. And even still, he won't be taking down Rafa this year. He barely got past Kohlscreiber.

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
Moxie629 said:
^ Even still, Ferrer has rather just a prayer, I think. He's playing well, but he won't do it in best of 5 scenario. I'll be a little surprised if Murray makes it past Verdasco, tbh. And even still, he won't be taking down Rafa this year. He barely got past Kohlscreiber.

You can only read so much into how players do in their early rounds at slams though. Murray only just got past Verdasco at Wimbledon last year and went on to beat Novak in straights, and there are countless other examples where players have struggled to beat an inferior opponent in one round and then crushed someone much better a couple of days later.

I wouldn't go as far as being surprised if Murray beats Verdasco. I won't be shocked if he loses but I still make Andy the favourite for sure.

Like I said though, it will make very little difference in my opinion. If Nadal is in strong enough form to beat Ferrer, it's very unlikely that any of his four potential semi-final opponents will take him out.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nehmeth said:
1972Murat said:

how u know? u'd have to try her to find out :snigger

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:

Such little faith Moxie. :nono

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Rose said:
Front242 said:
Rose said:
Sexist pig or not--Ernie :heart:

I read all the comments on tennis.com and for the life of me I can't see what the hell people are calling him sexist for.

He made some remarks about woman being at home with children instead of playing tennis. I think it was played up to be a lot more than what it actual was myself.

And besides their have been mothers not only playing tennis, but winning :D

I know, I read the comment but he was clearly provoked to say something or the subject was diverted to WTA. He doesn't just say this when asked how he thinks he's gonna do at Roland Garros, for example :D

He's completely right imo. It is a tough way of life with all the constant traveling, dedication to diet, training, not going out clubbing, having a few drinks, partying etc when you're young though he used to do that a lot himself and most women would ideally prefer to have their kids before hitting thirty so I personally don't see anything sexist at all about it :)

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2014/05/gulbis-female-players-need-think-about-kids/51610/#.U4tcXSg9C2U

this is the modern culture, so called equality..... Ernie gave his honest opinion and he is sexist and misogynist (about women staying home and raise kids), you are only allowed to say women should excel in whatever career, put themselves first (who care about kids) and all that crap otherwise a label is put on you..... exactly what the feminists have done to the society, they screwed up the culture with political 'incorrectness' and think they have any value of existence....

i thought Ernie has freedom of speech? given he offended nobody, ok maybe he did..... provoke those garbage feminists.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:

I know, honey…I hate to bet against your guy. Just calling it like I see it. As I was trying to say in my earlier, though, I hope the Kohlscreiber match was a wake-up call, and he tightens it up in the next round.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Iona16 said:
Moxie629 said:

I know, honey…I hate to bet against your guy. Just calling it like I see it. As I was trying to say in my earlier, though, I hope the Kohlscreiber match was a wake-up call, and he tightens it up in the next round.

I'm only messing Moxie. :)

Garro

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Anyone know the last time Federer came back from a break down in a final set, to win a match? Seems like it hasn't happened in a good while.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie629 said:

Surprised if he gets past Verdasco? The same Verdasco we are thinking of??

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Garro said:
Anyone know the last time Federer came back from a break down in a final set, to win a match? Seems like it hasn't happened in a good while.

It's a decisive set, smart money has been on Roger's opponents for many years now regardless who they are. In many ways that has been the biggest factor of his decline, starting in 2008 if it goes the distance you know he'll usually be the one to blink first. Especially at slams.