Roland Garros - Day 7, Saturday May 30 - Order of Play

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
That was very impressive. If anyone has the beating of Novak this tournament it's going to take the match of the tournament surely. Of for a Federer Djokovic final with the spirit of 2011 again! :D

Looking forward to a Federer v. Djokovic final in the spirit of 2008 (sans Rafa). Love watching Fed cry. :laydownlaughing

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
federberg said:
That was very impressive. If anyone has the beating of Novak this tournament it's going to take the match of the tournament surely. Of for a Federer Djokovic final with the spirit of 2011 again! :D

Looking forward to a Federer v. Djokovic final in the spirit of 2008. Love watching Fed cry. :laydownlaughing

I do love those tears after a victory! :snicker

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Seems as though Novak is able to tame the big Kokk today.

Yeah, Novak served extremely well today, I think the Aussie *two Ks" may be the next best stage of players in 2-3 years

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
herios said:
Kirijax said:
That's what I was thinking. It looks like he doesn't need to extend himself or show that much emotion either to get through this match. But very boring for us watching it.

For me is not boring, because I analyze Tomasi K. seeing him for the first time. He's got some game for sure, no wonder he climbed the ranking so quickly.

I like Thanasi too. He's getting schooled here today by a champions B game, but he's got all the components to be a successful player.
I agree. And because of Kyrgios demeanour, I have already decided who will be my next favorite upsoming Aussie...
I will be rooting for Tomnasi along with fashionista

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
^Yup, Novak has the big kokk firmly in hand

Gotta relieve the stress before the potential quarter final I guess :snicker

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
federberg said:
^Yup, Novak has the big kokk firmly in hand

Gotta relieve the stress before the potential quarter final I guess :snicker

He really pulled it all together ;)

Hadn't watched the big kokk before. He has potential.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
herios said:
Kirijax said:
nehmeth said:
Because that's all that's required D. He's got a bit of a gauntlet potentially with Rafa, Murray, and... Fed?

Mediocre play and he has the break. I would call the way he's playing "contained". ;)

That's what I was thinking. It looks like he doesn't need to extend himself or show that much emotion either to get through this match. But very boring for us watching it.

For me is not boring, because I analyze Tomasi K. seeing him for the first time. He's got some game for sure, no wonder he climbed the ranking so quickly.

EDIT: And as a Nole fan, he is Never boring to me

Where did this resurgence of Australian tennis come from? Shocking! Some really good players; actually playing each other a couple days ago in Tomic and Kokk! I can remember 30, 40 odd years ago, they barely had 1 top 10'r in the ranking at any given time; Paul McNamara, Pat Cash, or Mark Philippossis! That was quite a "come down" after the likes of Laver, Newcombe, Rosewall, etc.! They look to have some really nice talent coming along to outdo Hewitt one day! We're looking a little weak here in the States except for Sock! Querry, Isner, Harrison, Young, and all the rest just aren't going to be able to "do it!" We've had some down time, but at least there was something to "hope" for; not seeing it! Anybody? The US ladies have made a huge comeback and won't be dependent on the Williams' for much longer! :puzzled :s :nono :angel: :cover

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
herios said:
Kirijax said:

Where did this resurgence of Australian tennis come from? Shocking! Some really good players; actually playing each other a couple days ago in Tomic and Kokk! I can remember 30, 40 odd years ago, they barely had 1 top 10'r in the ranking at any given time; Paul McNamara, Pat Cash, or Mark Philippossis! That was quite a "come down" after the likes of Laver, Newcombe, Rosewall, etc.! They look to have some really nice talent coming along to outdo Hewitt one day! We're looking a little weak here in the States except for Sock! Querry, Isner, Harrison, Young, and all the rest just aren't going to be able to "do it!" We've had some down time, but at least there was something to "hope" for; not seeing it! Anybody? The US ladies have made a huge comeback and won't be dependent on the Williams' for much longer! :puzzled :s :nono :angel: :cover

Isner did a lot more than the other US players you have mentioned him with. Let's not bunch them like that together because it is unfair for him.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sock v. Coric up. I will have to tape it. It is kinda nice to see some of these youngsters showing real promise.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Chardy just took out Goffin in 3 sets. This is an upset from a ranking point of view and also because Goffin has been playing his best tennis this year as well.
4 Frenchman in the R4 has to be one of the best performances in recent years.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
herios said:
Fiero425 said:
herios said:

Isner did a lot more than the other US players you have mentioned him with. Let's not bunch them like that together because it is unfair for him.

If you can't make QF and semi's of majors, you have nothing to brag about IMO! At least Andy Roddick did the bare minimum; won 1, made others! Isner has barely had sniffs at Masters! Let's not give him too much credit after those horrendous DC losses to Britain! BRITAIN? They haven't been a power since the Lloyd brothers of the 70's! :snicker :laydownlaughing :angel:

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Sock and Coric battling it out to determine who gets to knock Nadal out of the French Open in the 4th round! ;)

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Chardy just took out Goffin in 3 sets. This is an upset from a ranking point of view and also because Goffin has been playing his best tennis this year as well.
4 Frenchman in the R4 has to be one of the best performances in recent years.

Had a lot of hopes for Chardy when he was starting out. Never really seemed to put in the time to work out some of his technical weaknesses. But his biggest liability rests between his two ears. One never knows which Chardy will show up on any given day. Very frustrating.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
herios said:
Fiero425 said:

If you can't make QF and semi's of majors, you have nothing to brag about IMO! At least Andy Roddick did the bare minimum; won 1, made others! Isner has barely had sniffs at Masters! Let's not give him too much credit after those horrendous DC losses to Britain! BRITAIN? They haven't been a power since the Lloyd brothers of the 70's! :snicker :laydownlaughing :angel:

He made 2 Master 1000 finals. Querrey, Young or Harrison did not even come close to such deep runs. So let's not forget that.
And I never said he was in a Roddick category.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Sock and Coric battling it out to determine who gets to knock Nadal out of the French Open in the 4th round! ;)

I like Jack Sock. I hope he wins.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Heard Annacone and the other guys saying that Sock is a very good athlete. Not like Djokovic or Monfils, but in the second tier. Never knew that.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I'm going for 11 games for kuznetszov