Roland Garros - Day 7, Saturday May 30 - Order of Play

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup. I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing from Murray too. His forehand looks solid, not as aggressive as under Lendl perhaps, but his backhand is now being used as more of a weapon which totally makes sense to me. I think this will be ultimately more successful for him as this is his strength. I still think his 2nd serve will be a liability against the best, but now if he's having a good 1st serve day I think he can beat anyone

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Yeah second serve is pretty terrible.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Denisovich said:
Front242 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Respect =/= popularity. I understand Murray rubs people the wrong way and that's fine. That has zero bearing on his skills though.

Exactly why I said the part above. He's clearly a good player.

His results this year have been impressive. Clearly the second best player at the moment. This has acknowledged by many on this forum.

I also think people are starting to warm up to him a bit more as his negative attitude and more aggressive play is improving his popularity here. I have stopped rooting against him for instance.

His game is definitely better to watch these days alright than when it was mostly counter punching and defensive and agree his negative attitude is improving (wouldn't be hard). But I still don't root for him much personally :dodgy: The Madrid final was a difficult one as I'm no fan of either but I guess I'm happier Murray won that :p If nothing else it makes things interesting as his confidence is growing as he knows he can beat Nadal on clay. I would've been happier if no one won that final though and a giant earthquake cracked a massive hole in the court and it was deemed a draw :snicker

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
nehmeth said:
the AntiPusher said:
Will ESPN show any live matches today

Hey Push! TC has bought half the rights to the French Open, so you won't be getting any feed from ESPN. You need to buy TC Plus (at $80.00/year or $12.00/month) if you want to see the tennis. Maybe when it switches over to NBC at noon, you'll be able to see it from ESPN. Weekedays you can see it on ESPN until 10AM and then the feed is cut off.
thx nehmeth, darn it no TC for me

And their TV feed is stinking it up today... going in and out. They think this is going to be some cash cow for them and I REFUSE to give in. They are arbitrary in the way they go from match to match and it makes the whole experience disjointed. Methinks it is planned so that if you want to watch YOUR match, you have to buy Plus. :nono

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak is playing pretty mediocre tbh.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Chardy is giving it to Goffin. He's a fun player to watch when he's hitting well. On a bad day, he's terrible to watch.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Either way I counted Murray's next match as a virtual bye anyway

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Denisovich said:

Because that's all that's required D. He's got a bit of a gauntlet potentially with Rafa, Murray, and... Fed?

Mediocre play and he has the break. I would call the way he's playing "contained". ;)

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Denisovich said:

Because that's all that's required D. He's got a bit of a gauntlet potentially with Rafa, Murray, and... Fed?

Mediocre play and he has the break. I would call the way he's playing "contained". ;)

That's what I was thinking. It looks like he doesn't need to extend himself or show that much emotion either to get through this match. But very boring for us watching it.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's like watching a Mayweather fight. Complete superiority is generally boring. Only old Rog at his peak managed to make it entertaining, but then again maybe that was the case for me coz I is a fan

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
Denisovich said:

Daunting prospect really. Especially considering that Rafa is up first.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
nehmeth said:
Denisovich said:

That's what I was thinking. It looks like he doesn't need to extend himself or show that much emotion either to get through this match. But very boring for us watching it.
For us fans who have been taken on the Nolecoaster more times than we ever care to go... this workmanlike performance is heavenly! :snicker

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
It's like watching a Mayweather fight. Complete superiority is generally boring. Only old Rog at his peak managed to make it entertaining, but then again maybe that was the case for me coz I is a fan

I can confirm that. I stopped watching tennis during the Fedal era.

Enjoying the superiority now though.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kirijax said:
nehmeth said:
Denisovich said:

For me is not boring, because I analyze Tomasi K. seeing him for the first time. He's got some game for sure, no wonder he climbed the ranking so quickly.

EDIT: And as a Nole fan, he is Never boring to me

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Kirijax said:
nehmeth said:

For me is not boring, because I analyze Tomasi K. seeing him for the first time. He's got some game for sure, no wonder he climbed the ranking so quickly.

I like Thanasi too. He's getting schooled here today by a champions B game, but he's got all the components to be a successful player.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Let's see...there should be some good headlines again.

Djoko Throttles Kokk

Kokk Refused entry into 4th round.

Djoko Beats off Kokk

:cover I need to stop before I get a timeout.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That was very impressive. If anyone has the beating of Novak this tournament it's going to take the match of the tournament surely. Of for a Federer Djokovic final with the spirit of 2011 again! :D