Roland Garros - Day 7, Saturday May 30 - Order of Play

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Billie said:
Carol35 said:
My goodness, this thread day by day seems to be " the Novak fan club" more and more it sounds already like a LOL :snicker :popcorn :cover :p

He did play today, he is on a great winning streak and besides it was incorrectly stated that Bolelli was leading 2:0 in a previous FO encounter with Nole, they were just providing correct information, nothing more than that.;)

Oh, that was me. :blush: The player I was thinking of was Seppi...I had my Italians mixed up. Sorry. And I agree with you, Billie. Nole played today, he's on a great win streak, and this is the perfect place to discuss and celebrate that. No reason for Carol to be so sour about that.

Billie said:
Fiero425 said:
Billie said:
He did play today, he is on a great winning streak and besides it was incorrectly stated that Bolelli was leading 2:0 in a previous FO encounter with Nole, they were just providing correct information, nothing more than that.;)

It's an exaggeration here, but on my own personal blog, it has slowly turned into a homage to Nole's greatness! Like you said, he's just getting his due because he's having such a great run and any comments on it seems to be overdone! The thing is fans of Roger and Rafa have been doing it for years! They were "tennis gods," above the rest of the tour, and even the so called experts were seduced and made to go overboard in praise of their record and rivalry! :clap :angel: :dodgy: :popcorn

Wonderfully said Fiero. Even now when he is clearly above the rest, he doesn't get respect from some here but it is fine, I am satisfied with overall recognition. I am always happy when I read 1 of your posts about Nole, or any other fan of his, and those are the ones that really matter to me, along with other, even headed posts.:heart:

It's been said before, but there is a difference between respect and love. I think everyone here respects Novak's tennis and accomplishments. But a forum will always have factions, so we won't all love him.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Billie said:
He did not play well today, but I came across this article about Coric for anybody who is interested in it

http://sport360.com/article/international/37365/teenager-borna-coric-wants-follow-footsteps-novak-djokovic

Coric was also romantically involved with Donna Vekic, the same one that is allegedly romantically linked to Stan the man now. I know you'll like this important piece of information.:snicker

Coric and Stan had a duel in Chennai and Stan won it. I thought that settled the issue and Donna decided to go with the Man. :plot

p.s. This is 100% made up remark.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Lol, now I've just read about "no reason for Carol to be so sour about that"
To be so sour about it when I see Nadal (who has played today too) how is improving day by day, getting his great mind and shots back? are you kidding me?
I have not any idea how was this blog before but I see how is now and that's the reason why my comment about it's look like a "Novak fans club" instead a RG tournament
I respect to every player but it's so true that I don't have to love to everyone, it's clear that you don't love to everyone neither, isn't?
There is still a long way to the finals, let's go to enjoy every match and to see who is going to play better than anyone else and he will be the winner. Right now I don't see anyone clearly above the rest
When someone ask for respect then he/she should know to respect the others too

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Carol35 said:
To be so sour about it when I see Nadal (who has played today too) how is improving day by day, getting his great mind and shots back? are you kidding me?
I have not any idea how was this blog before but I see how is now and that's the reason why my comment about it's look like a "Novak fans club" instead a RG tournament
I respect to every player but it's so true that I don't have to love to everyone, it's clear that you don't love to everyone neither, isn't?
There is still a long way to the finals, let's go to enjoy every match and to see who is going to play better than anyone else and he will be the winner. Right now I don't see anyone clearly above the rest

That comment was mine. Carol, this is a thread about Day 7 at Roland Garros, and those who played today. Everyone is free to post about those matches. In general, the top player at the moment will get the most column inches. As nehmeth pointed out, before you were around and Nadal was #1, you couldn't swing a cat without hitting a post about Rafa. Now Nole is #1 and on a streak, and everyone wants to talk about him. This is normal. If any group has a right to complain it would be Murray fans, as he barely got a mention.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Carol35 said:

That comment was mine. Carol, this is a thread about Day 7 at Roland Garros, and those who played today. Everyone is free to post about those matches. In general, the top player at the moment will get the most column inches. As nehmeth pointed out, before you were around and Nadal was #1, you
couldn't swing a cat without hitting a post about Rafa. Now Nole is #1 and on a streak, and everyone wants to talk about him. This is normal. If any group has a right to complain it would be Murray fans, as he barely got a mention.

I don't understand your comment so well. Because this thread is about Day 7 at RG, it doesn't matter who is the top player I think that every player who has played the same day deserves to be in the conversation like Muzz, Ferru, Nadal etc etc and not all just about one player, that's my point. And again I wasn't here when they were talking just about Federer or Nadal but I think it's more interesting when other players are also in the conversation, otherwise it seems to be "exclusive X fan club"

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Moxie629 said:
Billie said:
Carol35 said:
My goodness, this thread day by day seems to be " the Novak fan club" more and more it sounds already like a LOL :snicker :popcorn :cover :p

Oh, that was me. :blush: The player I was thinking of was Seppi...I had my Italians mixed up. Sorry. And I agree with you, Billie. Nole played today, he's on a great win streak, and this is the perfect place to discuss and celebrate that. No reason for Carol to be so sour about that.

Billie said:
Fiero425 said:
It's an exaggeration here, but on my own personal blog, it has slowly turned into a homage to Nole's greatness! Like you said, he's just getting his due because he's having such a great run and any comments on it seems to be overdone! The thing is fans of Roger and Rafa have been doing it for years! They were "tennis gods," above the rest of the tour, and even the so called experts were seduced and made to go overboard in praise of their record and rivalry! :clap :angel: :dodgy: :popcorn

Wonderfully said Fiero. Even now when he is clearly above the rest, he doesn't get respect from some here but it is fine, I am satisfied with overall recognition. I am always happy when I read 1 of your posts about Nole, or any other fan of his, and those are the ones that really matter to me, along with other, even headed posts.:heart:

It's been said before, but there is a difference between respect and love. I think everyone here respects Novak's tennis and accomplishments. But a forum will always have factions, so we won't all love him.

I know and I think this is basically what I said. Everybody is free to post about their own favourite, if it fits in the thread discussion, even better.;)

Thank you, I appreciate you backing me up here.:heart:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
To finish this conversation, yep, everybody is free to give their opinions and that's exactly what I did ;)