Roland Garros - Day 7, Saturday May 30 - Order of Play

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
I thought Kyrgios was supposed to clean Murray's clock, or so I've been told. Sigh, I wonder what Murray needs to do to earn some respect.

:snicker Being able to remember which leg to grab when he feigns an injury would be a good start. Afer that, maybe stopping the crazy rants with some imaginary person on court. Other than that he's doing pretty well with his tennis.

Actually, I've really been enjoying his tennis of late and was hoping he'd win handily today.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
We interrupt this broadcast to remind everyone to come on over and sign up to mark your spot on the Tennis Frontier map. Forty-nine TTF balls and counting!

Tennis Frontier Map

28809314-ae00-4d6f-8b78-602d5682918f_zps3pw6szle.png

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
federberg said:
Thank goodness for Eurosport 1 and 2 in England. Just flicking between to watch Novak and Andy. Spending more time on the Novak match now though. Don't think the other is going to last more than another 20 minutes

Will ESPN show any live matches today

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:
Thank goodness for Eurosport 1 and 2 in England. Just flicking between to watch Novak and Andy. Spending more time on the Novak match now though. Don't think the other is going to last more than another 20 minutes

Unfortunately I don't have access to ESPN over here in England AP. I would have to pay for it. Have you tried some of the tv apps on the iPad. Those can be useful, if you don't mind the commentary in Arabic :)

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:

Hey Push! TC has bought half the rights to the French Open, so you won't be getting any feed from ESPN. You need to buy TC Plus (at $80.00/year or $12.00/month) if you want to see the tennis. Maybe when it switches over to NBC at noon, you'll be able to see it from ESPN. Weekedays you can see it on ESPN until 10AM and then the feed is cut off.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The big guns are all taking care of business so far. And here I was hoping for shake up Saturday!

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak serving at 86% on his first serve this set. Finishes off the set with a flourish. Nice.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
The big guns are all taking care of business so far. And here I was hoping for shake up Saturday!

I'm surprised by how easy it's been so far. Now if Sock can win, my day will be complete. :cool:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I like what Novak does today. No need to spend more energy.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:
federberg said:

I'm surprised by how easy it's been so far. Now if Sock can win, my day will be complete. :cool:

That may end up being the most entertaining match on the mens side. I'm really counting on that and the Serena - Vika match today

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
I thought Kyrgios was supposed to clean Murray's clock, or so I've been told. Sigh, I wonder what Murray needs to do to earn some respect.

It's his demeanour people don't like in many cases rather than his results.

Respect =/= popularity. I understand Murray rubs people the wrong way and that's fine. That has zero bearing on his skills though.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:

He's becoming Federer like in the way he eases through the draw. Very impressive

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Front242 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:

Respect =/= popularity. I understand Murray rubs people the wrong way and that's fine. That has zero bearing on his skills though.

Exactly why I said the part above. He's clearly a good player.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Front242 said:
Broken_Shoelace said:
Front242 said:

Exactly why I said the part above. He's clearly a good player.

His results this year have been impressive. Clearly the second best player at the moment. This has acknowledged by many on this forum.

I also think people are starting to warm up to him a bit more as his negative attitude and more aggressive play is improving his popularity here. I have stopped rooting against him for instance.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kokkinakis is also quite impressive, not 100% confident about this match still.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
federberg said:
herios said:

He's becoming Federer like in the way he eases through the draw. Very impressive

Uh... NO. He's doing what any good champion does. Fed wasn't the first and obviously he isn't the last.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Murray will probably be more appreciated for what he's done after he's gone. Going up against three of the greatest players ever all throughout his career and accomplishing what he did will bring him the respect he deserves. He can get on your nerves at times with his "whinging". Heck, he's my favorite and sometimes he ticks me off as well. But have to admire his accomplishments and the skills he showed today against Kyrgios.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
the AntiPusher said:
federberg said:

Hey Push! TC has bought half the rights to the French Open, so you won't be getting any feed from ESPN. You need to buy TC Plus (at $80.00/year or $12.00/month) if you want to see the tennis. Maybe when it switches over to NBC at noon, you'll be able to see it from ESPN. Weekedays you can see it on ESPN until 10AM and then the feed is cut off.
thx nehmeth, darn it no TC for me