Rogers Cup 2019, Montreal, Canada, ATP Masters 1000

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I didn't watch that crap. I barely watch the sport anymore when Roger isn't playing and probably will hardly watch when he's gone. And before you go off on me...you know I have my reasons, many of them in fact.
Fact? Seriously? World view that you want to buy into, and have, I would say. Please illuminate on "fact," or cut the crap.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Fact? Seriously? World view that you want to buy into, and have, I would say. Please illuminate on "fact," or cut the crap.

You didn't read it clearly, I'm saying I've been losing interest in the game for many reasons. I didn't say, nor have I ever said, my certain suspicions of players are fact. With that said one of the reasons I've touched on before is that the ATP is a joke of an organization. And I have little doubt any remotely decent player can do as they wish at this point. We've seen it with Cilic, a guy who was pretty much a third tier player that still got a silent ban. TUE's and other garbage can be added in there too. And then of course surface homogenization leading to the boring style of matches I don't care for, a true grinding paradise.

Anyways, certainly you've heard someone say "in fact" before.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You didn't read it clearly, I'm saying I've been losing interest in the game for many reasons. I didn't say, nor have I ever said, my certain suspicions of players are fact. With that said one of the reasons I've touched on before is that the ATP is a joke of an organization. And I have little doubt any remotely decent player can do as they wish at this point. We've seen it with Cilic, a guy who was pretty much a third tier player that still got a silent ban. TUE's and other garbage can be added in there too. And then of course surface homogenization leading to the boring style of matches I don't care for, a true grinding paradise.

Anyways, certainly you've heard someone say "in fact" before.
Yes, "in fact" is an expression, but that's not how you used it. You did use the word "fact," and your implication was that you mean your suspicions to exist in fact. And unless "facts" don't matter anymore, and as we know in this political era, it does get a bit wobbly, then the rest of what you're saying is an attempt at waffling around the edges of facts.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Come on, be respectful. She got 98% in GRE Verbal.
Now you're going to use my lampooning Cali's outsized ego against me? If you know I said that, then you read my post. You are either humorless or clueless. I'm going with both.

Last edited:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, "in fact" is an expression, but that's not how you used it. You did use the word "fact," and your implication was that you mean your suspicions to exist in fact. And unless "facts" don't matter anymore, and as we know in this political era, it does get a bit wobbly, then the rest of what you're saying is an attempt at waffling around the edges of facts.

"You know I have my reasons, many of them in fact"

How is that talking about my suspicions being fact. I'd say "in fact" is being used to emphasize that I have multiple reasons that I'm losing interest.

Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"You know I have my reasons, many of them in fact"

How is that talking about my suspicions being fact. I'd say "in fact" is being used to emphasize that I have multiple reasons that I'm losing interest.
If you say so. I'm just saying it didn't read that way. Probably could have used a comma between "them" and "in fact." Hopefully that means I'll have heard the end of some of your conspiracy theories, anyway.

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
GOAT tennis:
1. Nadal :clap:
2. Djokovic :scratch:
3. Federer :unsure:

GOAT beauty:
1. Nadal :good::heart:
2. (tie)Federer/Djokovic :negative:

Reactions: Andy22

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
If you say so. I'm just saying it didn't read that way. Probably could have used a comma between "them" and "in fact." Hopefully that means I'll have heard the end of some of your conspiracy theories, anyway.

You haven't heard the end of everything just yet, Miss grammar nazi :D

Reactions: Moxie

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
typical nit-picking shit again.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
GOAT tennis:
1. Nadal :clap:
2. Djokovic :scratch:
3. Federer :unsure:

GOAT beauty:
1. Nadal :good::heart:
2. (tie)Federer/Djokovic :negative:

dull's ass shape isn't a criteria for GOAT. :lulz1:

faker's hurricane resistant hair disqualifies him from GOAT status.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Not really! The Tennis world and it's history will forever make NOTE of Rafa being the "Clay GOAT!" I still give more props to Borg playing less than half the years & with wood rackets defending back to back his FO & Wimbledon titles! Do that a few times, then come back to me! Rafa hasn't hit that plateau of God-Like status! He has too many HOLES in his resume; TOO MANY! :whistle: :lol3: :yesyes: :p :rolleyes:
Stop with double standard, Federer has a lot holes in he's resume too, TOO many, Federer + Djokovic only def one time on clay is just bad As nadal def 1 time on hard courts can not have it one way because it suits you.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Stop with double standard, Federer has a lot holes in he's resume too, TOO many, Federer + Djokovic only def one time on clay is just bad As nadal def 1 time on hard courts can not have it one way because it suits you.
That particular double-standard is not something that either Fed or Djokovic fans are interested in addressing.

Reactions: Andy22

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's still pathetic by Big 3 standards. Only 1 title defense off of clay? And it happened in a week where Djokovic and Federer weren't even playing?
Just to prove that not only Fiero can dig back for quotes...Nadal won last week, but was "downgraded" (by Cali) because Djokovic and Federer weren't playing. Well, they both played this week, and how did that work out for them? :D

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Just to prove that not only Fiero can dig back for quotes...Nadal won last week, but was "downgraded" (by Cali) because Djokovic and Federer weren't playing. Well, they both played this week, and how did that work out for them? :D

0ED355F7-47AA-47C1-9E59-71A4CCF7FDDC.gif

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
That particular double-standard is not something that either Fed or Djokovic fans are interested in addressing.

I'll address it for you because there is no double standard. Federer won Hamburg in 2004 and defended in 2005. It took till 2019 for Nadal to defend a title off clay. Nice try but fail. Epic fail.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'll address it for you because there is no double standard. Federer won Hamburg in 2004 and defended in 2005. It took till 2019 for Nadal to defend a title off clay. Nice try but fail. Epic fail.

Lol and Rafa completed the career slam at age 24 while it took Federer and Djokovic to ages 27-29... :rolleyes: