Rogers Cup 2019, Montreal, Canada, ATP Masters 1000

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I think I've been saying that for years. And for the record, I don't agree with Nadalgoat that indoor HC is not a separate surface. But I don't remember you hitting playing conditions so hard vis-a-vis some of those surfaces. You moan so loud about the grass at Wimbledon that my speakers short out, even though grass is a natural surface and is subject to weather and wear.

No, I talk about playing conditions, mainly that they are retardedly slow at Wimbledon and it seems to be getting worse. Also the ball bounces higher than it should.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No, I talk about playing conditions, mainly that they are retardedly slow at Wimbledon and it seems to be getting worse. Also the ball bounces higher than it should.
OK, sure, fine. I give up.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Yes so slow and high bouncing. That’s why Nadal trashed Federer at RG but Federer managed to beat him at WB. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Andy22

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes so slow and high bouncing. That’s why Nadal trashed Federer at RG but Federer managed to beat him at WB. :rolleyes:

Nadal's game is much more efficient in windy conditions as his spin ensures it's easier for him to keep the ball in play. Way, way harder for Federer to employ his usual aggressive game plan in the terrible conditions they had at RG this year. It is what it is but a pity the last time they're likely to play on clay had to be on such a terrible windy day. Nadal's game is built more for that (higher net clearance, more spin) and therefore he handled it better.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Lol, it's actually the opposite of what you're getting at. You are grouping indoor HC with outdoor HC because they are both hard courts.
Thats what I was saying they are both hard courts with different conditions ones outdoor and ones indoor, if Nadal wins a indoor hard courts event it will be put in the hard court titles not indoor hard courts because technically where's only three surface with different conditions.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
I think I've been saying that for years. And for the record, I don't agree with Nadalgoat that indoor HC is not a separate surface. But I don't remember you hitting playing conditions so hard vis-a-vis some of those surfaces. You moan so loud about the grass at Wimbledon that my speakers short out, even though grass is a natural surface and is subject to weather and wear.
Does not matter if you agree with or not it's a fact that theres 3 surfaces in tennis Wikipedia tennis courts, just saying go there, it's a condition something in the air can not be a surface thats why there's technically where's only three surfaces in tennis, everyone already knows this not know why you just dumb as the other guy.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Does not matter if you agree with or not it's a fact that theres 3 surfaces in tennis Wikipedia tennis courts, just saying go there, it's a condition something in the air can not be a surface thats why there's technically where's only three surfaces in tennis, everyone already knows this not know why you just dumb as the other guy.
So then there is no reason to have the YEC be always on indoor HCs. Because folks around here say that it's at the end of the indoor HC season.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
So then there is no reason to have the YEC be always on indoor HCs. Because folks around here say that it's at the end of the indoor HC season.
they should switch between, hard courts clay, grass at wtf that would be fair, as for winning, on all surfaces Nadal Federer Djokovic have all done that everything else is just extra credit, it's slams count which will matter the most.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
they should switch between, hard courts clay, grass at wtf that would be fair, as for winning, on all surfaces Nadal Federer Djokovic have all done that everything else is just extra credit, it's slams count which will matter the most.

How many times do people have to say it before the Nadal camp give up?! The WTF is the ONLY big tournament played indoors. Many of the top players are either exhausted at the Paris masters or skip the tournament completely which leaves only 1 big event left. Nadal is shit indoors but that's not the reason to change things. They have slams on every on surface already and multiple masters. The WTF should always be played indoors and if Nadal isn't good enough, then he should practice more indoors.

Reactions: DarthFed

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
How many times do people have to say it before the Nadal camp give up?! The WTF is the ONLY big tournament played indoors. Many of the top players are either exhausted at the Paris masters or skip the tournament completely which leaves only 1 big event left. Nadal is shit indoors but that's not the reason to change things. They have slams on every on surface already and multiple masters. The WTF should always be played indoors and if Nadal isn't good enough, then he should practice more indoors.

Who cares!

9e05a709398e4a26aa898c9b5b10a273.jpg

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
They’ll change the venue for YE if they get a big sweetheart deal $$$$$$ somewhere else.

It has nothing to do with indoor, outdoor , favoring one surface, etc. if the money is right Abu Dhabi here we come! On an outdoor half grass/half clay surface. :dance1:

Yet this shows how so many conspiracy theories run into roadblocks. Heard upteen Times how tournament officials slow down playing conditions ( such as grass) to favor Rafa, and yet the YE still remains on his worst surface.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
The WTF is the ONLY big tournament played indoors. Many of the top players are either exhausted at the Paris masters or skip the tournament completely which leaves only 1 big event left.

It’s irrelevant how many players are tired or skip Paris. It’s still a Masters, therefore there’s not only one big tournament played indoors. A lot of people skip Monte Carlo — is it therefore not a big tournament on clay? All of the majors, the Masters 1000s, and the WTF are big events, regardless of how players feel or how many attend.

Reactions: Fiero425

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal is good indoors he won 2005 Madrid masters, made finals wtf 2010,2013 shanghai masters finals 2009,17 anyway wtf does not matter it's just extra like gold medal Nadal won and Federer has not, just like the 21 matches Federer lost after having match points.:lol6:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal is good indoors he won 2005 Madrid masters, made finals wtf 2010,2013 shanghai masters finals 2009,17 anyway wtf does not matter it's just extra like gold medal Nadal won and Federer has not, just like the 21 matches Federer lost after having match points.:lol6:

Look, I broke it down earlier today. He has 1 indoor title. 1. That's his worst surface. By comparison, Federer has 11 titles on his worst surface (clay) and Djokovic has 14, also on clay. If 1 compared to 11 and 14 seem good to you, then fair enough. Nadal is shit on indoor hard court so let's change the subject to Federer sucks. Nadal fans like you crack me up.

Btw, Shanghai is not indoor.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s irrelevant how many players are tired or skip Paris. It’s still a Masters, therefore there’s not only one big tournament played indoors. A lot of people skip Monte Carlo — is it therefore not a big tournament on clay? All of the majors, the Masters 1000s, and the WTF are big events, regardless of how players feel or how many attend.

Fair enough, so there are 2 big indoor tournaments. But there are 3 clay masters and 1 clay slam and yet the self-serving Nadal family have asked for yet another friggin' tournament to be changed to clay (the WTF). And a big WTF at that.

Nadal would then have 5 big tournaments on clay and there would be only 1 on indoor. Seems a bit much to most people except Nadal and his fans. I'm trying to be nice here. It's an absolutely fucking ridiculous suggestion, let's be real here.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Look, I broke it down earlier today. He has 1 indoor title. 1. That's his worst surface. By comparison, Federer has 11 titles on his worst surface (clay) and Djokovic has 14, also on clay. If 1 compared to 11 and 14 seem good to you, then fair enough. Nadal is shit on indoor hard court so let's change the subject to Federer sucks. Nadal fans like you crack me up.

Btw, Shanghai is not indoor.
But I said indoor hard courts is Nadal worse playing conditions not surface because it's a hard court which won 20 titles, grass is Nadal worse surface because that's real surface not one you just made up to make yourself look bad. Also indoor event don't have a slam so it means nothing so Nadal does not have to win anything because that's just extra credit like a said. Learn how to count to 3:cuckoo::help::yesyes:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Fair enough, so there are 2 big indoor tournaments. But there are 3 clay masters and 1 clay slam and yet the self-serving Nadal family have asked for yet another friggin' tournament to be changed to clay (the WTF). And a big WTF at that.

Nadal would then have 5 big tournaments on clay and there would be only 1 on indoor. Seems a bit much to most people except Nadal and his fans. I'm trying to be nice here. It's an absolutely fucking ridiculous suggestion, let's be real here.

I agree it's self-serving on Rafa's part to try to get the WTF to be played on clay. I also agree it's his fault (for lack of a better word) that he hasn't done better at indoor tournaments.

Reactions: Fiero425