Rogers Cup 2019, Montreal, Canada, ATP Masters 1000

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Always an awful day when that scum wins something. Also first time he's won a tournament 5 times off his beloved dirt. Only thing left to say is fuck Canada (sorry Murat)

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
It took him 16 years for one thing or however long he's been on tour since :p
That's not a list, dumb ass that's you trying to play off the that you don't have stat anymore by making a joke like the fact Federer lost 21 times atfer having match points like Wimbledon wow saitly. :D:yesyes:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Well done Rafa,I watched the 1st set,seeing I got up at 3.30am to watch the womens final,I was falling asleep and went for a run to wake up.I recorded the match,now I can sit back and watch the 2nd set.

@MargaretMcAleer has just won the Most Dedicated Tennis Fan Award.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
That's not a list, dumb ass that's you trying to play off the that you don't have stat anymore by making a joke like the fact Federer lost 21 times atfer having match points like Wimbledon wow saitly. :D:yesyes:

Jesus man. Calm down. I was just taking the piss ffs. You Nadal fans get so worked up over nothing.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Rafa said he would speak to his team about going to Cinncy before he makes a final decision

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
BTW Rafa said he would speak to his team about going to Cinncy before he makes a final decision
I heard that, too. Gilbert things the draw might encourage him, but I'm with P-Mac who thinks that he'll decide how he feels and if the rest is more important prior to USO.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Jesus man. Calm down. I was just taking the piss ffs. You Nadal fans get so worked up over nothing.
Oh okay, I calm down even if you guys started it, but okay Nadal won all good you have nice Cincinnati now.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I heard that, too. Gilbert things the draw might encourage him, but I'm with P-Mac who thinks that he'll decide how he feels and if the rest is more important prior to USO.

I agree,though the final was not too taxing for him.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
A few quick thoughts on the match:

1) For the most part, it was very ugly. Part of the reason that Nadal does well at Rogers Cup is that it obviously plays slower now and it always seems that the elements (particularly wind) become a factor.

2) Nadal's game during the first set looked very constipated at times, like he was just trying to push the ball in play. Fortunately his opponent was struggling even more.

3) Medvedev's windmill-style groundstrokes will always have a hard time lasting in a match with the Big 3. They are too vulnerable to descending into awkward errors.

4) To Nadal's credit, he did become a defensive wall in the second set and allowed Medvedev to implode. He also won 3 or 4 elite-level long rally points.

5) It's amazing after all these years that this is only the first time Nadal defended a non-clay title.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, he's ONE Nadal fan. But don't pretend you don't spend a lot of time around here throwing crap at Nadal, which does take defending.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Well, he's ONE Nadal fan. But don't pretend you don't spend a lot of time around here throwing crap at Nadal, which does take defending.

Yeah I won't deny it. I clearly had a tongue out emoticon after my post so it was obvious it was meant as a joke. Trouble is, and this has been brought up many times, a lot of Nadal fans seem to have a victim mentality and that's not the fault of anyone but themselves. People need to stop being so damn defensive. No one here afaik is Nadal's sister, brother or redneck 4th cousin so you shouldn't take it personally when someone slags him.

Reactions: Fiero425

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Interested to see if Medvedev can avoid the letdown of an early loss in Cinci as is often the case after a good prior tournament. 2 back to back finals for him is a great result even if he lost them both. While the score was disappointing for him obviously, I doubt he himself really expected to beat Nadal on his first attempt so he should just brush it off and move onwards and upwards.

I reckon he'll make the top five by the end of the year.

Reactions: Fiero425 and tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah I won't deny it. I clearly had a tongue out emoticon after my post so it was obvious it was meant as a joke. Trouble is, and this has been brought up many times, a lot of Nadal fans seem to have a victim mentality and that's not the fault of anyone but themselves. People need to stop being so damn defensive. No one here afaik is Nadal's sister, brother or redneck 4th cousin so you shouldn't take it personally when someone slags him.
Oh, don't play the innocent. Your digs on Nadal's character often go far beyond mere fan banter, as do Darth's, in particular. It's deep insult and rudeness and libel, often enough. Nothing (most?) Nadal fans do even touches the bile that you guys spew. We shouldn't take it personally? This is a tennis forum, and we're all about clans. Insult my clan, and I will take after you. :p

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interested to see if Medvedev can avoid the letdown of an early loss in Cinci as is often the case after a good prior tournament. 2 back to back finals for him is a great result even if he lost them both. While the score was disappointing for him obviously, I doubt he himself really expected to beat Nadal on his first attempt so he should just brush it off and move onwards and upwards.

I reckon he'll make the top five by the end of the year.
Wondering the same thing. I think it will be tough to brush off, in such a short turnaround. I haven't looked back at his draw. But it may tell us something about how resilient he is. (And, btw, he speaks some excellent French. Maybe he came up playing tennis in France? I must look that up.)

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
old blokes domination of the tour continues..

big3 have/had already broken away at the top of rank charts. no4 is thiem ?..way back on atp points.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Ralph won Toronto last year. He won Montreal this year. Is that defending title? Just asking. :unsure: