Rogers Cup 2019, Montreal, Canada, ATP Masters 1000

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I understand that Fog and Monfils are going to play in Cincy....but both are injured...........:lulz2::finger::negative:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sad to see Gael have to withdraw he played a near perfect t/breaker in his match against Agut.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I can't believe why Agut, who was playing so well tournament by tournament, has lost that match playing against a injured Monfils, it would have been much better if he would have won and then to be able to play that semis today

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well Rafa will have his hands full in the final,I would have preferred him to play a s/final match,he cannot afford to start like he did in his match against The Fog.

Reactions: Moxie

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well Rafa will have his hands full in the final,I would have preferred him to play a s/final match,he cannot afford to start like he did in his match against The Fog.
The Russian is playing pretty well but I hope Rafa play well from the beginning, not too long match and then maybe he would decide to play in Cincy

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
IDK why these players go thru this Hamlet routine time & time again when they know damned well they aren't playing the next day? :facepalm: :oops:

Well apparently he injured his foot during the match against Agut....not much he can do about that,he would be a fool to play Cinncy so close to the USO.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The Russian is playing pretty well but I hope Rafa play well from the beginning, not too long match and then maybe he would decide to play in Cincy

Rafa will have a battle on his hands for sure,lets see if he can defend his title first,before he thinks about playing Cincy

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa will have a battle on his hands for sure,lets see if he can defend his title first,before he thinks about playing Cincy
Agreed. He's never played Medvedev, and I think it will be a tricky start. By the same token, Medvedev has never been faced with Rafa, and that's never easy for a young player, especially in a final, his first at this level.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not sure how much "luck" Nadal needs to beat Monfils, anyway. The H2H is 14-2, both of Monfils wins coming in Doha, and the last one in 2012.
He doesn’t need luck against the clown, but he is lucky to get a walk over. Didn’t change anything, that’s for sure. Monfils will never beat a healthy Nadal. Maybe it will be a competitive final, Daniil is his only test in this tournament. Nadal wasn’t impressive so far.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Was hoping the man named Karen would win. Better chance to run the asshole ragged like last year USO.
Yeah but Daniil could also do it. Bull not impressive, but sadly that’s often enough when his opponent isn’t named Novak or Roger.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
If he needs to win this final to play in Cincy I hope he wins. I want him to play against Novak as soon as possible and in every possible occasion !!!!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah but Daniil could also do it. Bull not impressive, but sadly that’s often enough when his opponent isn’t named Novak or Roger.
You've said "not impressive" in two successive posts re: Nadal. Either you haven't been watching, or you're just hoping that's so. But bluster away, Sr. Bonaca.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If he needs to win this final to play in Cincy I hope he wins. I want him to play against Novak as soon as possible and in every possible occasion !!!!
Sure...hopefully Novak shows up. Didn't in Paris.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Like I posted earlier, while Nadal and Medvedev has not played each other, I think Nadal is a "little bit" glad that he is facing Medvedev rather than Khachanov. Silent K can physically tire Nadal from the baseline as seen at the US Open and Indian Wells. I think the key in this match is does Medvedev have enough fire power to move Nadal around the baseline. While Medvedev is extremely agile, quick, and consistent, he does not really have firepower. Against Nadal, being consistent buys you a small amount of time before Nadal starts dictating the rallies. In addition, Medvedev's backhand will be tested as Nadal will look to attack that wing throughout the match.

All in all, it should be an entertaining match and hopefully Nadal wins in two sets.

Reactions: GameSetAndMath

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
;)
You've said "not impressive" in two successive posts re: Nadal. Either you haven't been watching, or you're just hoping that's so. But bluster away, Sr. Bonaca.
More hoping;). Watched the Fog match and 1st match, not impressive but surly enough to win tournament.