Novak Djokovic - the player of the decade

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
2017 is the only year that matters apparently.

Not with me; a total aberration except Fed's roll continued into 2018! WTF? Been trying to get Roger to bow out, but The Next Gen won't help to push him out, then Nadal started losing to the old guy! Thank Gawd Nole's back; been Roger's MASTER this decade with few losses!

G

GSMSampras

2004 was his 3rd best year and Roger won 5 of the next 6 off clay after their first meeting.

Also your breakdown of years is quite misleading,

2004: 0-1
2005: 1-1
2006: 2-4
2007: 3-2
2008: 0-4
2009: 1-1
2010: 1-1
2011: 1-3
2012: 1-1
2013: 0-4
2014: 0-1
2015: 1-0
2017: 4-0

Difference in the H2H is 8 and 2008 and 2013 are that difference, the excessive years of stench.

Federer was sick in that Miami encounter and even considered pulling out.
The reason for that lousy head-to-head is primarily those 5 meetings in 2013-14 when Federer foolishly overplayed despite injuries and never getting an answer for Nadal on clay like Djokovic managed to do since hitting his prime in 2011.

G

GSMSampras

Not with me; a total aberration except Fed's roll continued into 2018! WTF? Been trying to get Roger to bow out, but The Next Gen won't help to push him out, then Nadal started losing to the old guy! Thank Gawd Nole's back; been Roger's MASTER this decade with few losses!

The loser GEN needs to step up and send all the big 3 guys packing.The same 3 people dominating the sport since 15 years is frankly embarrassing as hell.
Nadal and Federer are likely done anyway except maybe on their favorite surfaces but Djokovic looks like he has got a good couple years left.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

A few losses as in 8? And Roger for the most part was at a very underwhelming level from 2011 - 2016 when most of the matches in their rivalry took place. Makes sense given he was 29-34

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Federer was sick in that Miami encounter and even considered pulling out.
The reason for that lousy head-to-head is primarily those 5 meetings in 2013-14 when Federer foolishly overplayed despite injuries and never getting an answer for Nadal on clay like Djokovic managed to do since hitting his prime in 2011.

I still say the real damage was 2008. That led to the "rivalry" being a joke for a long time and no one is convincing me that Wimbledon 08 and AO 09 weren't total debacles, especially the former. Nadal's been beaten by everyone and their blind grandma there since then. If Roger didn't embarrass himself that match I think the H2H would be a lot closer not to mention how we view the rivalry would be totally different as well.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One more thread turned into a Fedal war! On your face, Djokovic fans!

Djokovic will always be below Fedal. But don’t worry djokotards at least your guy will always be better than Murray. :good:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Djokovic will always be below Fedal. But don’t worry Djokotards, at least your guy will always be better than Murray. :good:

I thought Nole would wind up being the perennial #3 of all time due to such a lackluster effort in '17! People were talking about him retiring with "moments" of brilliance resurfacing! After that loss in Queens with a MP to Cilic, I had no expectations! Getting to that Wimbledon SF was more than could be imagined at the time, but for him to win it, nothing could have made me happier! By stealing another USO, he's put himself back in the running for GOAT! I wasn't sure I'd be able to significantly update his fan page ever again! Fedal will be gone within the next couple years and Nole will have an open field with the "next gen" of gutless wonders! I think he'll surpass Nadal at least so Federer may keep that moniker even with deficiencies; 1 FO & owned by 2 rivals! :whistle: :oops: :rolleyes:

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I always thought those who declared Nole definitely finished after 2017 was actually more projecting their wishful thinking and agendas.

I’m not one of those who thinks he needs to get 20 Majors to be Goat.

He could get 6 or more YE # 1, complete a second Nole Slam, and say win 2 more French Opens. Several of those things could be done winning say 18 Majors..

Last edited:

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Djokovic will always be below Fedal. But don’t worry djokotards at least your guy will always be better than Murray. :good:
I start noticing strange emotional and offensive patterns in your posts. I wonder why. You must have noticed what Horsa said about it few comments above. Why are you ignoring Horsa's advice and keeping your totally unnecessarilly offensive tone on this very thread wherein Novak fans pay their attention? IMO, your ignorance does not make sense, hence I'm asking for your motivation.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I thought Nole would wind up being the perennial #3 of all time due to such a lackluster effort in '17! People were talking about him retiring with "moments" of brilliance resurfacing! After that loss in Queens with a MP to Cilic, I had no expectations! Getting to that Wimbledon SF was more than could be imagined at the time, but for him to win it, nothing could have made me happier! By stealing another USO, he's put himself back in the running for GOAT! I wasn't sure I'd be able to significantly update his fan page ever again! Fedal will be gone within the next couple years and Nole will have an open field with the "next gen" of gutless wonders! I think he'll surpass Nadal at least so Federer may keep that moniker even with deficiencies; 1 FO & owned by 2 rivals! :whistle: :oops: :rolleyes:

It wasn't lackluster effort, he was hurt...actually Nole should have shut down his season after 2016 USO but he made it worse for himself by trying to fight Murray for #1 spot for the rest of that year with constant pain in his arm. There were other bad decisions like just resting his elbow and not do anything to it to fix it until there wasn't anything else to do but let doctors take care of it, which came months later, then go to Australia still with pain in his arm, playing Indian Wells and Miami, the changes in his team. So it took perhaps longer than necessary but the important thing is that he came back to his senses and hopefully learned from the experiences. Let's also hope for more significant updates for your fan page and making this decade even better than it already is.:D

Reactions: Fiero425

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You realise that Djoker had losing record against Fed until grandpa Fed was in his mid 30s? And Fed has been playing semi retirement schedule...so much to write home about.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
You realise that Djoker had losing record against Fed until grandpa Fed was in his mid 30s? And Fed has been playing semi retirement schedule...so much to write home about.

Please don't pull that age bull$#!t with me! I don't even want to see or hear it! If he's going to use that excuse, it's more pathetic than I thought! I expect fans to make excuses for him; HELL I was one of them 10 years ago! The facts are Federer has always been owned by Nadal and Nole took over their rivalry back in 2010; Roger unable to beat either when it really counted for the most part! If age is his issue maybe he should take his old arse out of the game! For some reason this really PO me! Athletes and their fans shouldn't go there! :nono:

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Please don't pull that age bull$#!t with me! I don't even want to see or hear it! If he's going to use that excuse, it's more pathetic than I thought! I expect fans to make excuses for him; HELL I was one of them 10 years ago! The facts are Federer has always been owned by Nadal and Nole took over their rivalry back in 2010; Roger unable to beat either when it really counted for the most part! If age is his issue maybe he should take his old arse out of the game! For some reason this really PO me! Athletes and their fans shouldn't go there! :nono:
That seems a lot of bile for someone pointing out a simple fact. And Roger didn't "use that excuse," Ricardo did. Not an excuse, though. A fact. Why panties so twisted?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
A few losses as in 8? And Roger for the most part was at a very underwhelming level from 2011 - 2016 when most of the matches in their rivalry took place. Makes sense given he was 29-34

I can't tell you how disappointed I am to see this BS; age & effort being used as an excuse for losses! Truly pathetic; sorry! I'm so done! :facepalm:

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You are angry because you KNOW that is a fact that Novak didn’t have overall upper hand until Fed was in his mid 30s. Can someone say it’s a excuse or just fact of life? Deal with it, Fed was leading Novak for all those years all the way until his mid 30s.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I can't tell you how disappointed I am to see this BS; age & effort being used as an excuse for losses! Truly pathetic; sorry! I'm so done! :facepalm:
Yes you should just shut up as you can’t handle the truth. Now go and get disappointed!

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That seems a lot of bile for someone pointing out a simple fact. And Roger didn't "use that excuse," Ricardo did. Not an excuse, though. A fact. Why panties so twisted?
I have no time or need for an excuse, anyone having issue should just look it up...it’s not my opinion.

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In 5 years Novak himself will lose to a lot of players, surely age will just be an excuse. I’ll remember that.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
In 5 years Novak himself will lose to a lot of players, surely age will just be an excuse. I’ll remember that.

Gonna bookmark this thread to bring up in a few years. :good: