Novak Djokovic - the player of the decade

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
faker has done better than dull
It still keeps coming down to where you put the needle on the record, right? Or, in straightforward terms, um, no. I believe that Rafa still has 3 more Majors than Djokovic. We can talk about the before and after of the Djokovic reconstruction of his tennis, and also that Roger and Rafa had a lot of tennis in their lives before he found that new gear.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
It still keeps coming down to where you put the needle on the record, right? Or, in straightforward terms, um, no. I believe that Rafa still has 3 more Majors than Djokovic. We can talk about the before and after of the Djokovic reconstruction of his tennis, and also that Roger and Rafa had a lot of tennis in their lives before he found that new gear.

yea faker vultured quite a bit in that 2014-16 period when dull was out of form and Fred didn't have a proper return

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
yea faker vultured quite a bit in that 2014-16 period when dull was out of form and Fred didn't have a proper return

Vultured? :facepalm: Okay.

I don't know how this is even a thread. Decades are usually measured as the years between the ones with zeros on the end of them. Is it different with the Julian calendar?

Reactions: Fiero425

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic the player of the decade and Nadal the player of all-time. :good:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Yet the only one of the GOAT contenders to have won at least 2 slams on each surface. :good:

Yet one of them has never defended anything off clay. Not even a measly 250 event. That kinda narrows it down. There's no such thing as being a contender with a record like that.

Reactions: nehmeth

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yet one of them has never defended anything off clay. Not even a measly 250 event. That kinda narrows it down. There's no such thing as being a contender with a record like that.

Who cares about defending? Most of the time he didn’t even get to play due to injury. And Nadal barely plays 250 events so I don’t see your point of mentionning that. The man has won multiple USO, Wimbledons, Canadian Opens, Indian Wells, etc. Please stop dissing gold medalist and undecima champion Nadal. B-)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Who cares about defending? Most of the time he didn’t even get to play due to injury. And Nadal barely plays 250 events so I don’t see your point of mentionning that. The man has won multiple USO, Wimbledons, Canadian Opens, Indian Wells, etc. Please stop dissing gold medalist and undecima champion Nadal. B-)

He hasn't missed anywhere near as much as you Nadaltards make out and the biggest thing you need to realize is just cos he missed something doesn't mean he was gonna win it if he played. Although clearly you're in the "a healthy Nadal doesn't lose" camp. You even posted that. In most cases it'd be dismissed as annoying sarcasm but you probably even believe it's true, that he can't lose if 100% healthy. Newsflash, he has. Many times...they all have.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He hasn't missed anywhere near as much as you Nadaltards make out and the biggest thing you need to realize is just cos he missed something doesn't mean he was gonna win it if he played. Although clearly you're in the "a healthy Nadal doesn't lose" camp. You even posted that. In most cases it'd be dismissed as annoying sarcasm but you probably even believe it's true, that he can't lose if 100% healthy. Newsflash, he has. Many times...they all have.

Healthy Nadal is undefeated but healthy Front242 has yet to make a good post. :facepalm: B-)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Healthy Nadal is undefeated but healthy Front242 has yet to make a good post. :facepalm: B-)

Pretty rich coming from the king of threads about nothing. Especially loved the thread of Nadal picking his arse and a claim that he's a legend. Amazing stuff.

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Seems some still don't understand when the decades begin, so let me show you fellow Nole fan, Jerry Seinfeld, explaining to his archenemy Newman why the millennium started in 2001 and not in 2000 like he thought. The same logic applies to decades and centuries that all start in the years that end with 1 and not in those that and with 0:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pretty rich coming from the king of threads about nothing. Especially loved the thread of Nadal picking his arse and a claim that he's a legend. Amazing stuff.

Nadal’s amazing butt actually deserves hundreds of threads. :good:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Spew as much bullsh*t as you want. The fake narrative that a healthy Nadal is unbeatable doesn't pass muster off of the clay courts. Federer is the top guy. I am no fan, but it's hard for any reasonable Non-fan to deny, Ralph is a few slams behind the Maestro. Novak is a few behind Ralph. It is what it is.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Spew as much bullsh*t as you want. The fake narrative that a healthy Nadal is unbeatable doesn't pass muster off of the clay courts. Federer is the top guy on fast surfaces. I am no fan, but it's hard for any reasonable Non-fan to deny, Ralph is a few slams behind the Maestro because he's 5 years younger. Novak is a few behind Ralph. It is what it is.

Corrected. :good:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It must hurt Rafa fans that their man has never had his own era. Roger and Djoker are way superior on everything except clay, so that's about 70% of the schedule. Easy to see why they are more dominant players than the peasant.

Reactions: Mastoor

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Of this particular decade, it's pretty clear that Novak has that mantle, much like Federer had the previous decade and Sampras the one before. Who'd be the player of the 80s?

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
It must hurt Rafa fans that their man has never had his own era. Roger and Djoker are way superior on everything except clay, so that's about 70% of the schedule. Easy to see why they are more dominant players than the peasant.

Rafa couldn't sustain it for any real length of time and when he had the chance to back up his 2010, Nole was in the way at every turn stopping him 6 straight times; even on clay! That ran into 2012 of course resulting in the longest AO between the 2 going 5:53! Rafa had a good 2013, but after Nole won Wimbledon in 2014, he broke down again for an extended period; actually dropping out of 1 FO and being unceremoniously bounced by Nole in the other! It's hard to have an era if you can't stay on the court more than 14-16 months! When he loses, it's always chalked up to injury, but I taped every match back in 2011 when both Nole and Rafa were at the height of their powers and guess who "owned it!" :rolleyes: :whistle: :p

Mastoor

Major Winner
Reactions
Of this particular decade, it's pretty clear that Novak has that mantle, much like Federer had the previous decade and Sampras the one before. Who'd be the player of the 80s?

If I had to chose 1, I'd go with Lendl. He was the most impressive to me overall even though we had many superheroes back then like McEnroe, a couple of Swedes, Becker. Of course, Lendl wasn't as dominant in the 80s, like Sampras, Fed or Nole in later decades or Nadal on clay.

Reactions: Fiero425