NFL Pick n Pass 2018/2019 Season

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Regarding Rodgers vs Brady I just found it funny you were reacting to an announcer saying Rodgers is the best. I'm guessing you haven't watched many games or seen many articles on football the last 5+ years.

Uh no. I don't take as gospel truth what so many sports pundits/ESPN yappers babble, I keep my own opinion. But yeah, thinks for the implication because I think Brady is the best it's because I "haven't watched much football 5+ years".:scratch:

Maybe I reacted because just the night before I watched Brady do another sterling comeback against a KC team that kept on scoring , but what the hey, it's "funny" how I react.

I hate frigging condescension....

Anyways I'll see them both (hopefuly) live playing in 3 weeks in Foxboro..

Last edited:

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Uh no. I don't take as gospel truth what so many sports pundits/ESPN yappers babble, I keep my own opinion. But yeah, thinks for the implication because I think Brady is the best it's because I "haven't watched much football 5+ years".:scratch:

Maybe I reacted because just the night before I watched Brady do another sterling comeback against a KC team that kept on scoring , but what the hey, it's "funny" how I react.

I hate frigging condescension....

Anyways I'll see them both (hopefuly) live playing in 3 weeks in Foxboro..

Your reading comprehension is so bad at times...I'm not saying you haven't paid attention because of your opinion of who is better, it just seems based on your reaction you think it was some rare and outlandish opinion when it is one shared by most people outside of the New England area.

Anyways I now see that you are likely a Pats fan. It would be fun to root for a well-run organization, I wouldn't know what that looks like. That game will be a blowout.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Toughest ones for me were Saints v Ravens and Panthers v Eagles, mostly sentimentally. And I can't pick Dallas over Washington...that's an old rivalry.

Patriots @ Bears - PATRIOTS
Bills @ Colts - BILLS
Cowboys @ Redskins - REDSKINS
Saints @ Ravens - SAINTS
Panthers @ Eagles - EAGLES
Titans @ Chargers - CHARGERS
Bengals @ Chiefs - CHIEFS

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Pats
Colts
Cowboys
Ravens
Eagles
Chargers
Chiefs

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Listen I admire Rodgers as much as the next person and his natural talent is off the charts, but to call him repeatedly on MNF the best QB in the NFL is hogwash.

It depends on who is calling the games, I've heard others call Brady the best QB ever. Even if you are not a fan, you can't deny that the guy is a born winner, superb QB and no he doesn't always have the best players around him, but they make it all work year after year after year, which speaks volumes about him as well as organization.

After watching last Monday's game and when they started listing all of Drew Breese's achievements, I put him among the best QBs. With his size and against all odds at one point, his achievements are so impressive.

And our friend Darth only roots for 'best ever" in every sport he follows and he is not biased at all ;-):

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Toughest ones for me were Saints v Ravens and Panthers v Eagles, mostly sentimentally. And I can't pick Dallas over Washington...that's an old rivalry.

Patriots @ Bears - PATRIOTS
Bills @ Colts - BILLS
Cowboys @ Redskins - REDSKINS
Saints @ Ravens - SAINTS
Panthers @ Eagles - EAGLES
Titans @ Chargers - CHARGERS
Bengals @ Chiefs - CHIEFS

I am with you, torn between Saints and Ravens, I think Eagles have started to play much better so they should be good for the win.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It depends on who is calling the games, I've heard others call Brady the best QB ever. Even if you are not a fan, you can't deny that the guy is a born winner, superb QB and no he doesn't always have the best players around him, but they make it all work year after year after year, which speaks volumes about him as well as organization.

After watching last Monday's game and when they started listing all of Drew Breese's achievements, I put him among the best QBs. With his size and against all odds at one point, his achievements are so impressive.

And our friend Darth only roots for 'best ever" in every sport he follows and he is not biased at all ;-):

Brady is the greatest ever, I just don't think he's the best in the game currently.

And of course I root for Rodgers, he is the whole franchise and the team is religion here. They've done nothing over the last 7 years that's why I wish heads would've rolled many years ago.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
Brady is the greatest ever, I just don't think he's the best in the game currently.

And of course I root for Rodgers, he is the whole franchise and the team is religion here. They've done nothing over the last 7 years that's why I wish heads would've rolled many years ago.

I am teasing you, I know you root for the local team. So who is the best QB currently?

Edit: so this prompted me to search for some kind of ratings, is this valid? http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Last edited:

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
I better make my selections:

Patriots @ Bears -------------------------------- Patriots
Bills @ Colts ------------------------------------- Colts
Cowboys @ Redskins ------------------------- Redskins
Saints @ Ravens ------------------------------- Ravens
Panthers @ Eagles ---------------------------- Eagles
Titans @ Chargers ----------------------------- Chargers
Bengals @ Chiefs ------------------------------ Chiefs

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I am teasing you, I know you root for the local team. So who is the best QB currently?

Edit: so this prompted me to search for some kind of ratings, is this valid? http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

QBR is a pretty good ranking but like everything else it has its imperfections. Who has been the best this season? Probably Mahomes.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Your reading comprehension is so bad at times...I'm not saying you haven't paid attention because of your opinion of who is better, it just seems based on your reaction you think it was some rare and outlandish opinion when it is one shared by most people outside of the New England area.

Anyways I now see that you are likely a Pats fan. It would be fun to root for a well-run organization, I wouldn't know what that looks like. That game will be a blowout.

Reading comprehension:
Stating That Rodgers is the greatest quarterback today is IMO hogwash.

I don’t care who agrees or disagrees with me in what region of the country. I fully know that some share the commentators’ opinion. I happen to think that opinion is hogwash.

It has nothing to do with not watching games nor being media deprived nor being woefully ignorant that others also opine Rodgers is the greatest QB today.

Wild guess, but I would think outside of NE there are some who share the opinion Brady is the best.

I do happen to think it could be good game because the PATS defense is not that impressive...

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Reading comprehension:
Stating That Rodgers is the greatest quarterback today is IMO hogwash.

I don’t care who agrees or disagrees with me in what region of the country. I fully know that some share the commentators’ opinion. I happen to think that opinion is hogwash.

It has nothing to do with not watching games nor being media deprived nor being woefully ignorant that others also opine Rodgers is the greatest QB today.

Wild guess, but I would think outside of NE there are some who share the opinion Brady is the best.

I do happen to think it could be good game because the PATS defense is not that impressive...

Well we misunderstood each other as usual. Anyways I wouldn't say it's hogwash either way you want to rank them. They are close and both have their advantages. Brady does have the intangibles in spades over Rodgers mainly leadership and killer mentality and he reads the defense incredibly well. On the other hand Rodgers can do a whole lot more with both his arm and legs and has long shown he can make an awful team into one of the best in the league. When he is going strong the traditional way to ruin a QB (pressure without blitzing) can backfire against him if he gets out of the pocket. Truth is im not sure Rodgers would've had the same success Brady has had in New England, but there is no doubt he'd have had a ton more success than he has had in Green Bay. Meanwhile I don't think the Packers would be as good with Brady all these years, I just seriously doubt it given their flaws and boneheaded coach whose offensive schemes have been figured out for many years. That's what makes the comparison difficult.

Either way I'm sure we are both happy with the QB's leading our teams.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well we misunderstood each other as usual. Anyways I wouldn't say it's hogwash either way you want to rank them. They are close and both have their advantages. Brady does have the intangibles in spades over Rodgers mainly leadership and killer mentality and he reads the defense incredibly well. On the other hand Rodgers can do a whole lot more with both his arm and legs and has long shown he can make an awful team into one of the best in the league. When he is going strong the traditional way to ruin a QB (pressure without blitzing) can backfire against him if he gets out of the pocket. Truth is im not sure Rodgers would've had the same success Brady has had in New England, but there is no doubt he'd have had a ton more success than he has had in Green Bay. Meanwhile I don't think the Packers would be as good with Brady all these years, I just seriously doubt it given their flaws and boneheaded coach whose offensive schemes have been figured out for many years. That's what makes the comparison difficult.

Either way I'm sure we are both happy with the QB's leading our teams.

Well I can’t disagree with any of your post.

Rodgers does well with a bad team, but he does have some less than stellar habits in the pocket that get him in trouble but who can blame him since he has to compensate for the deficiencies of the team. Brady’s movement I feel has improved the last few years, not that’s he’s quicker but that he’s more comfottable with small step management. His arm strength is gone, not that he ever had a bazooka to begin with.

I will say this, per your prior post, Joe Montana was a freak of nature, but those 80’s Niner teams he played on just can’t be compared to today’s teams including the PATS. Yes, the game was physically harder on QB’s back then, but as far as dynasties the Niners had no salary cap, free agency wasn’t quite the same and they had an owner Eddie DeBartolo , whose solution was to throw more money when needed. Add that to a genius innovative coach in Bill Walsh and you had an almost intact team ( with some notable additions along the way aka Jerry Rice) for a decade.

PATS literally seem to start from scratch every few years with a new cast of characters around coach Bill and Brady. Sure you got Gronk but the boy is fragile as hell and when you consider that slow as molasses Julian Eddleman is his only go to receiver even now....

PATS have been my team since as a kid I followed Jim Plunkett and he was drafted by the PATS straight out of Stanford. Those were brutal years and Jim never quite recovered for the shellacking he got with the ineffective offensive line he had at New England. After that it was Steve Grogan who actually cemented my Patriot fandom through a lot of lean years, segueing to Tony Eason and then Drew Bledsoe. I was furious when Coach Bill benched Drew for the SB in favor of Brady after he led the team to victory in the AFC finals versus the Steelers so it shows how little I know.

I can’t whine these last 20 years to say the least but I know the end is coming, and you guys at the least have had back to back Hall of Fame all time great caliber QB’s in Green Bay for 20 plus years.

But being deep in the heart of Niner and especially Raider country ( Raider fans have long bitter memories) it’s fairly lonely being a Patriot fan....B-) did I mention most of my relatives are bitter Raider fans....

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I can’t disagree with any of your post.

Rodgers does well with a bad team, but he does have some less than stellar habits in the pocket that get him in trouble but who can blame him since he has to compensate for the deficiencies of the team. Brady’s movement I feel has improved the last few years, not that’s he’s quicker but that he’s more comfottable with small step management. His arm strength is gone, not that he ever had a bazooka to begin with.

I will say this, per your prior post, Joe Montana was a freak of nature, but those 80’s Niner teams he played on just can’t be compared to today’s teams including the PATS. Yes, the game was physically harder on QB’s back then, but as far as dynasties the Niners had no salary cap, free agency wasn’t quite the same and they had an owner Eddie DeBartolo , whose solution was to throw more money when needed. Add that to a genius innovative coach in Bill Walsh and you had an almost intact team ( with some notable additions along the way aka Jerry Rice) for a decade.

PATS literally seem to start from scratch every few years with a new cast of characters around coach Bill and Brady. Sure you got Gronk but the boy is fragile as hell and when you consider that slow as molasses Julian Eddleman is his only go to receiver even now....

PATS have been my team since as a kid I followed Jim Plunkett and he was drafted by the PATS straight out of Stanford. Those were brutal years and Jim never quite recovered for the shellacking he got with the ineffective offensive line he had at New England. After that it was Steve Grogan who actually cemented my Patriot fandom through a lot of lean years, segueing to Tony Eason and then Drew Bledsoe. I was furious when Coach Bill benched Drew for the SB in favor of Brady after he led the team to victory in the AFC finals versus the Steelers so it shows how little I know.

I can’t whine these last 20 years to say the least but I know the end is coming, and you guys at the least have had back to back Hall of Fame all time great caliber QB’s in Green Bay for 20 plus years.

But being deep in the heart of Niner and especially Raider country ( Raider fans have long bitter memories) it’s fairly lonely being a Patriot fan....B-) did I mention most of my relatives are bitter Raider fans....

Good post and I totally agree in regards to Brady's movement. That's where he's really improved, the small side steps to give himself more time.

I hear you about the 49ers in the pre-salary cap era and that's why I think there is no question that New England has built the best dynasty overall, yes better than the 80's San Fran, 70's Steelers and the Lombardi Packers. But at the same time it is increasingly hard to compare players, especially quarterbacks, across eras since the rule changes favoring QB's and wide receivers. Having grown up watching Favre I was one of the few who wasn't saying "we will never have another QB as good as Brett". But with Rodgers I am saying that...in my lifetime the Packers will never have a QB like Rodgers. To my mind he is quite a bit better than Brett aside from not being anywhere near as tough. But...and it's a big but, Favre played nearly his entire career where you could bump receivers more and where you could hit the crap out of the QB. Rodgers whole career has come since the rule changes. 38 year old Favre had one of his best seasons ever in Green Bay and 40 year old Favre had maybe his best season ever in Minnesota with no-name receivers. That really shows in a way it's hard to totally compare Rodgers and even Brady to some of the earlier guys. But Brady playing like this for so long and having 5 rings, I think he is the GOAT.

Packer fans have been spoiled by great QB play and yet tortured by large periods of incompetence in the personnel moves, or lack thereof, and the coaching. Two SB's and three appearances since Favre came aboard in 1992. That means this team is not even the 2nd or 3rd most successful franchise of the last 25 years and that's pretty ridiculous. That's where it hurts not having one team owner. I wish we had an iron fist like a Jerry Jones (just not THAT annoying).

Reactions: Jelenafan

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Patriots @ Bears - Pats
Bills @ Colts - Colts
Cowboys @ Redskins - Cowboys
Saints @ Ravens - Saints
Panthers @ Eagles - Eagles
Titans @ Chargers - Chargers
Bengals @ Chiefs - Chiefs