Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Let's me get this straight. This US Open has baby Rafa (Carlos Alvarez) , uncle Toni but no Ralphy. Man, I miss my top Dawg..not much to vamos for me.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Update on Rafa via Eurosport,

Rafa,
" I want to recover from this injury in good condition.I don't know when I'll play again.I work hard daily,following a specific plan w/a marked roadmap and very clear goals,first to recover and then,once recovered to be ready to compete again fully fit".

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Rafa,
" I want to recover from this injury in good condition.I don't know when I'll play again.I work hard daily,following a specific plan w/a marked roadmap and very clear goals,first to recover and then,once recovered to be ready to compete again fully fit".
Awesome

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions

Rafa,
" I want to recover from this injury in good condition.I don't know when I'll play again.I work hard daily,following a specific plan w/a marked roadmap and very clear goals,first to recover and then,once recovered to be ready to compete again fully fit, and lose again to Novak in the Australian Open".
Fixed.

Just kidding, amigos.

• Haha
Reactions: Kieran and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We shall see! I hope Rafa is fit and ready to play in Oz.

Reactions: Kieran

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Impressive!

Is it really? I mean, he can still hit a tennis ball. Glad he's feeling good enough to. Less impressive is that his PR person doesn't know by know to hold his iPhone sideways for a landscape video. Grrrr. (Sorry to be that film nerd.)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s great to see Rafa’s on court again! I’d like an update on his foot though. I’m sure if he’s rested it, then it’s good enough for what he’s doing in the video, but has he had any treatments? It’s a serious condition. But that’s a great sign, especially that he’s happy enough to share it. No way Rafa is coming back if he doesn’t think he can win slams..

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Is it really? I mean, he can still hit a tennis ball. Glad he's feeling good enough to. Less impressive is that his PR person doesn't know by know to hold his iPhone sideways for a landscape video. Grrrr. (Sorry to be that film nerd.)
Did anyone think that he would be back on the practice courts this soon? I am not a medical professional but this has got to be encouraging. I won't began to speculate or make any assumptions yet my hope is that he feels his grand slams titles hopes are still achievable because the talent and the desire is still there. The unknown is IF his pain management and pain tolerance can allow him to achieve his conditioning to play his type of tennis

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Did anyone think that he would be back on the practice courts this soon? I am not a medical professional but this has got to be encouraging. I won't began to speculate or make any assumptions yet my hope is that he feels his grand slams titles hopes are still achievable because the talent and the desire is still there. The unknown is his pain management and pain tolerance can allow him to achieve his conditioning to play his type of tennis
I find it very encouraging. There’s no way Rafa is sharing this if he’s not aiming to get back into full beast mode. He looks good, too…

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It’s great to see Rafa’s on court again! I’d like an update on his foot though. I’m sure if he’s rested it, then it’s good enough for what he’s doing in the video, but has he had any treatments? It’s a serious condition. But that’s a great sign, especially that he’s happy enough to share it. No way Rafa is coming back if he doesn’t think he can win slams..
They said on Tennis Channel yesterday that he had something done. I think someone shared a picture of him on crutches not that long ago.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
They said on Tennis Channel yesterday that he had something done. I think someone shared a picture of him on crutches not that long ago.
Ah good, thanks! I’d heard the options were drastic, but thankfully he’s through that and it holds for another season or two… :ok-hand:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Margaret..you are the Rafa medical professional on this board...what's the latest???
My two cents worth is next week..can he practice the same or will he require rest for pain management conditioning ? I would think hitting vs the current pros like Baby Rafa Carlos would be a goal in November. Maybe he got encouraged because Medvedev dismantled Novak's quest for the calendar year Grand slam. I know my foot stopped hurting when I heard the results. Maybe I will watch the US Open Finals match today instead of NFL football :)

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I do not dispute that.

If the moderator thinks my post is out of place he will turn it off. Others can complain to him and not to me. I gave my explanation what was my goal.
The moderators here are administrators, and they are not only a "he." But why should it take an administrator to tell you not to be a jerk? If you want to embellish the Djokovic legacy, it seems clear that you should do it on the Djokovic fans thread, and not the Nadal fans one. Makes sense?

Reactions: tented and Carol