Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has withdrawn from Toronto due to his left foot injury.
He could play Cinncy depends on his foot I guess.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I’m not going to hold my breath on this one, but who knows.

Unless he feels at least 80% good (with respect to foot issues), he won't play in Cincy. It is a difficult question of resolving the competing desires of getting some match practice in and letting the foot heal.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will return to Spain and visit his doctor Angel Ruiz Cotorro and will eventually make a decision on whether he will play the US Open (via Marca).

• Wow
Reactions: don_fabio

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Rafa will return to Spain and visit his doctor Angel Ruiz Cotorro and will eventually make a decision on whether he will play the US Open (via Marca).

If he went back home, I can’t imagine he will come back to the States in such a short turnaround

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If he went back home, I can’t imagine he will come back to the States in such a short turnaround

It's only a plane ride, but it is the consequences of a Major. He'll figure out if it's worth coming back.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It's only a plane ride, but it is the consequences of a Major. He'll figure out if it's worth coming back.
At this point, I would want someone to ask Toni.. although he no longer part of Rafa's core team,he still has more insight on what's going on with his nephew than Carlos.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
At this point, I would want someone to ask Toni.. although he no longer part of Rafa's core team,he still has more insight on what's going on with his nephew than Carlos.
Rafa needs to see his doctor who is aware of this problem,as Toni said after Rafa withdrew from Toronto he has been on and off pain killers since 2005 for his foot problem.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

It could be a little more than a ride. Don’t they have to quarantine?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It could be a little more than a ride. Don’t they have to quarantine?

Not sure what the protocols are now, for the Open. Regular people don't have to, coming into NYC, for better or worse. But Rafa is vaccinated, so isolating is generally less...a few days, at most, with a negative test, I'd think.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
People have been complaining about Rafa playing golf for years now. Clearly it hasn't hurt his tennis.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Rafa has made the right decision to end his season.Rafa has Muller-Weis disease in his left foot,which at times is very hard to manage.Rafa's doctor told him at age 19 he may never be able to play tennis with this condition,they have trialed different treatments over the year's and Nike has made a special left shoe for Rafa.This current outbreak with his foot began in Rome this year,after RG Rafa rested.though that did not improve his foot,he also has been on pain killers over the years.It has got to a stage that he cannot play in pain when he tried to return to the hard courts this year.Get well Rafa and we will see you in 2022!

Last edited: