Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Has he announced his full summer schedule? May be he plans to play DC and Toronto only, skipping Cincy where he does not do well often.
Rafa last played both HC Masters leading to the USO in 2017, so not shocking if he continues the pattern of just playing Canada, which he's won 5 times (as opposed to Cincy) .

As to DC:

My guess is skipping Wimbledon allowed him to throw in 2 HC tournaments for his pre USO prep.
So playing DC for the time time in his career, doubt he's going to play 3 HC tournaments leading up to the USO.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have already posted on this post that Rafa will not be playing Cinncinati on June 19th!!!!!!!!
Rafa to date has not disclosed his playing schedule for the rest of the year BTW
When he does it will be posted on this post.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa on accepting a wild card into the ATP 500 Citi Open.

"I'm very excited to come to Washington for the first time". Nadal said in a statement.
"I have never been there and it's one more place I wanted to come and play.I am looking forward to playing again and Washington shall be the best start for the US Summer Swing for me.Looking forward to seeing again my US fans that I haven't seen since I won the 2019 US Open in NYC".

Reactions: the AntiPusher

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I’m going to leave the same message here I posted in the Fed fans thread:

The nature of the Fans threads (this & the ones for Federer & Novak) is to have a safe space, so to speak, where fans can discuss their favorite players without having others come in to criticize them or make fun of them. Those things can be done elsewhere.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal is on the players list for the ATP1000 National Bank Open,Toronto (Rogers Cup)
I expect an announcement from Rafa confirming he will play the tournament.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Official National Press release from the National Bank Open (Rogers Cup)....Rafa confirming he will play in Toronto.

"I'm very happy to return to Canada to play in Toronto and I had some really great matches here.As a matter of fact.I won here the last time we played and I would love to defend my title this August and be again with my fans in Canada and around the world".

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Beautiful memories :cheerleader:

d24537dfc525fb6cf415d39ceb18677cafa9b3e0b43dc913f055bc7d4c124f19.jpg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is going to be on CBS News tonight. Here is a snippet of him speaking responding to a question about Simone Biles:

I dont understand why Rafa is questioned about Simone Biles....leave the poor girl alone.,she has enough to deal with,it is like everyone has a opinion on her, know one really understands what she is going through,except herself.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I dont understand why Rafa is questioned about Simone Biles....leave the poor girl alone.,she has enough to deal with,it is like everyone has a opinion on her, know one really understands what she is going through,except herself.
She is an American Olympic icon, it's the Olympics and Rafa is in the US on US network news. It may not be an especially relevant question, but it surely is predictable.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
She is an American Olympic icon, it's the Olympics and Rafa is in the US on US network news. It may not be an especially relevant question, but it surely is predictable.
Regardless of being an Amercian Olympic Icon,journalist's should leave her alone and give her some space,she has enough to deal with,it is like 'living in a fish bowl,she has made her decision,journalist's should respect her decision.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Regardless of being an Amercian Olympic Icon,journalist's should leave her alone and give her some space,she has enough to deal with,it is like 'living in a fish bowl,she has made her decision,journalist's should respect her decision.
I'm pretty sure she's not going to be watching the Nadal interview on CBS in the US today.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont believe this....honestly I thought the injury was healed from RG
The Good news is that he won and his movement improved substantially. Two things..I hope it was either the taping too tight or some like a cramp..(like wearing new shoes)..Now if it's neither of those obstacles, then sadly it could just be foot pain management..If it's the latter, I would hope he withdrawals and rest the foot