Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nishikori has also echoed Osaka words on the Tokyo Olympics,even the Japanese people are protesting in the streets they do not want it to go ahead.I hope Rafa does not go,to me it is too risky,there are severe outbreaks again where the Olympics will be held.I also feel all athletes that attend need to have COVID vaccinations.
Didn't know about Kei, but that they are Japanese players and are saying that is telling. I have posted before that I heard there was a big difference between what the Japanese government wants to happen and what the people do, though I didn't know they are protesting, even. Totally agree about requiring vaccinations for the athletes...it would go a long way to making their citizenry more comfortable. Tennis Channel did a segment on it today. They said that the Japanese Olympic Committee watched very keenly what the Australian government and Tennis Australia did to pull of the AO. But that was ONE sport, and even they had to have a pause in allowing spectators. A summer Olympics, (which has FAR more sports than a winter one,) has so many moving parts that one does really wonder how it could be pulled off, even this far into the pandemic and the experiences of international sports.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Nishikori has also echoed Osaka words on the Tokyo Olympics,even the Japanese people are protesting in the streets they do not want it to go ahead.I hope Rafa does not go,to me it is too risky,there are severe outbreaks again where the Olympics will be held.I also feel all athletes that attend need to have COVID vaccinations.
That rules out Djokovic so and who knows how many others who don't want to take a vaccine.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That rules out Djokovic so and who knows how many others who don't want to take a vaccine.
It doesn't include Roger, though, who has already said he's fully vaccinated.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey is this a new 60 minutes segment or just a replay of the old interview from last year with Rafa and John W.?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will head to Paris tomorrow.He'll travel with Moya and Maimo.They'll undergo a PCR test at their arrival at the Pullman Tour Eiffel Hotel,where both the ATP and WTA top - 70 players will stay.On Thursday Rafa will train at the Bois de Boulogne courts.

Reactions: Moxie and tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Interesting points about Carlos Moya..he looks like he is really good shape..but it's only practicing with Rafa..

Rafa born right hand but plays Lefty
Carlos born left hand but plays Righty
Both hit two handed BHs.
Both players got married around 32-33
Both from Mallorca..

Rafa's took Carlo's great career and took it to the extreme level of the game of tennis.

Reactions: Moxie and Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just watching on Ytube Rafa practicing with Carreno Busta

Rafa really practicing his bhand,he needs that to be 'on' especially if he meets Novak in the s/final,it went missing a bit in the final at Roma.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This vid even is better than the one I posted yesterday in the other thread. As you can see the french ones love to make very original statues for years

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This vid even is better than the one I posted yesterday in the other thread. As you can see the french ones love to make very original statues for years

These are Rafa's comments on his stature at Roland Garos,

"To get a stature in a privileged place,at the Roland Garos main entrance.It means the world to me and can only be thankful to the FFT,to its current and former presidents and to the TD."

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bjorn Borg,

"I'd have like to play Rafa at Roland Garos.He's been the best of all time on clay but my biggest wish would've been to play once in Paris when I was playing tennis well.That'd have been a dream for me.I'm sure he'd win but it'd be a challenge for me".

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and Carol

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Iga Swiatek having a hit up with Rafa today she cannot wipe the smile off her face :) she has one big crush on Rafa.lol!

Reactions: Carol

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Bjorn Borg,

"I'd have like to play Rafa at Roland Garos.He's been the best of all time on clay but my biggest wish would've been to play once in Paris when I was playing tennis well.That'd have been a dream for me.I'm sure he'd win but it'd be a challenge for me".
Where have you read that ? I love it!