Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa isn't going to withdraw from singles. Carlos Alcaraz said that Rafa was fine. Also, Rafa was at the Opening Ceremony yesterday (which wouldn't be the case if he was really injured and about to withdraw from singles.) Plus, Rafa deserves to have a proper farewell at Roland Garros. We didn't really get that with Roger Federer when he played the final time at Wimbledon in 2021. (I know Roger eventually got the farewell in 2023, but that was 2 years after he played his final match at Wimbledon and retired.)
how do you know if Rafa isnt going to withdraw from the singles.? if you read my up to date information regarding Rafa and the media I would not be surprised if he does regardless if Rafa deserves a proper farewell I suggest you get up to date with the latest media updates!!
Where did you get the info from Alcaraz saying Rafa was fine? if so please leave a reliable source okay?
Have you been watching Rafa at his live practice matches? with his bandages on? even his coach Moya was not 100% confident he would be playing doubles
So when you have reliable sources post them.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's first round singles match Sunday 28th July vs Fucsovics is the 2nd match on Philip Chatrier

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa isnt happy with the scheduling tomorrow. ( source Olly@Olly-Tennis that was 40 mins ago)
"At 2.00pm.I'm playing.I dont understand its 10pm at night now.I will have to talk to the team to see what is the best option to achieve results."

According to an RNE interview after the doubles match ( source Marca and also Olly@Olly-Tennis just posted the same)
Nadal says he isnt yet sure he will be playing singles on Sunday and will talk with his team and doctor before making a decision in the morning".

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa and Carlos won singles in straights. Rafa had some troubles on serve, but not so bad. Carlos in unseasoned at doubles, and that showed a bit, but they outhit the Argentines.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and Carlos won singles in straights. Rafa had some troubles on serve, but not so bad. Carlos in unseasoned at doubles, and that showed a bit, but they outhit the Argentines.
Good result Moxie considering they defeated the No 6 seeds, Carlos will get better with each match

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Good result Moxie considering they defeated the No 6 seeds, Carlos will get better with each match
Yes, I believe the Argentines were favored, at least on paper. It was exciting, even a bi TOO exciting, but a great relief when they won the first set TB, and an even bigger one when they got the break back in the 2nd.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, I believe the Argentines were favored, at least on paper. It was exciting, even a bi TOO exciting, but a great relief when they won the first set TB, and an even bigger one when they got the break back in the 2nd.
I thought Rafa was great at the net, overhead smashes and just overall awareness, volley skills good too, Carlos was also good with his volley skills, though he dosent undertand at times where to position on the doubles court, he is a quick learner, Rafa is there to help him in that area

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa was asked after winning his doubles match with Alcaraz if he's ready for a potential 'last dance' with Novak Djokovic at the Olympics?
Rafa's response,
": Who said that's last dance?" :) ( source espn.com/tennis.story)

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa isn't going to withdraw from singles. Carlos Alcaraz said that Rafa was fine. Also, Rafa was at the Opening Ceremony yesterday (which wouldn't be the case if he was really injured and about to withdraw from singles.) Plus, Rafa deserves to have a proper farewell at Roland Garros. We didn't really get that with Roger Federer when he played the final time at Wimbledon in 2021. (I know Roger eventually got the farewell in 2023, but that was 2 years after he played his final match at Wimbledon and retired.)
This is NOT Rafa's last visit to RG...read through his tea leaves :)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa was asked after winning his doubles match with Alcaraz if he's ready for a potential 'last dance' with Novak Djokovic at the Olympics?
Rafa's response,
I have been saying that all year He CAN'T give up playing while he can still make finals of tournaments

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP

Well Rafa will visit his doctor before making a decision this morning if he will play his first round singles match I put that post after his doubles match, and it is from a source that is usually correct, as I dont post things like that without having a reliable source go back and read it it is on this page.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa had a talk with his team and went onto Phillipe Chatrier to practice he had up to 11.30am to withdraw
Rafa will play his 1st singles match as listed 2nd up on Phillipe Chatrier as I posted earlier against Fucsovics

Last edited:
Reactions: PhiEaglesfan712

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's 2nd round singles match vs Novak Monday 29th July Day session 2nd match on Chatrier 2pm local time

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's response,
It was a pure clickbait media question. They clearly meant his last "dance"/year playing at the Olympics 'cos no one expects him to play again at 42. His reply shows he didn't even get it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It was a pure clickbait media question. They clearly meant his last "dance"/year playing at the Olympics 'cos no one expects him to play again at 42. His reply shows he didn't even get it.
Yep Click Bait lol! at least the journo had a sense of humor :)

Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa speaking to Eurosport after beating Fucsovics,
" Set 1 played well, especially the FH, in 2nd set he played better, he was finding solutions, got confident, I got less confident, from 2-1, 0-40 I played very well I had more energy, this court I have the best feelings on".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and Carlos will play their doubles match on Tuesday 30th July on Lenglen, against Grieksppor/Koolhof they are 3rd match on court, matches on Lenglen starting at 12pm.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and Carlos will play their QF doubles match on Chatrier night session 7pm Wednesday 31st July against the 4th seeds American pair Ram/Krejicek

BTW,
Nadal and Alcaraz become the first Spanish team to reach the Olympic mens doubles QF since Rio 2016, when Rafa and Marc Lopez did it.They went onto to win gold.

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
The loss to Djokovic felt like finality. I'd much rather have Nadal go out losing to an all-time great like Djokovic than him playing on and going out losing to a guy like Lloyd Harris.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa speaking after his loss today in the QFs of the doubles ( source Olly Tennis@ olly_tennis-)

" I will go and spend some time with my family after 4 months in which I enjoyed tennis again, despite some problems and disappointments.When I am clear about what I will do in the future with or without a racket in my hand, I will let you know.If I don't have the desire, strength or motivation to continue, I will hang up my racket".

• Sad
Reactions: the AntiPusher