Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Sorry Moxie I disagree it is not cheerleading in my opinion, he has been here what 5 mins and giving out lectures to Rafa fans that have been here at TF for years, AP had every right to post his feelings on Rafa's draw, I agree with you yes his draw sucks.
Everyone has a right to their opinion.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If you read my post to him I said " everyone has a right to their opinion okay go back and read my reply to him thanks
So, disagree. He's not lecturing, IMO...I thought he was warmly suggesting that we take the last of Rafa and enjoy it. Which I agree with. Plus, he's been here for 2 years, if that really matters. But AP is also within his rights to skip the Olympics. Everyone do what they want, including thinking that Rafa has a shot at the gold medal. It may be a long-shot, but it's not "wrong" to think so.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So, disagree. He's not lecturing, IMO...I thought he was warmly suggesting that we take the last of Rafa and enjoy it. Which I agree with. Plus, he's been here for 2 years, if that really matters. But AP is also within his rights to skip the Olympics. Everyone do what they want, including thinking that Rafa has a shot at the gold medal. It may be a long-shot, but it's not wrong to think so.
Well we will have to disagree on that, to me he was lecturing? my reply post to him was AP has a right to his opinion/.skip watching the Olympics his choice? Regardless if he has been here 20 years that is not the point BTW ?
I also have a right of reply to him, Rafa's draw sucks, lets face it, AP you and I agree on that subject,, still we will continue to support Rafa in good times and bad times which was in my reply post to him.
I just hope this 'upper thigh strain' is just a factor of over training and playing long matches in Sweden.
Many journalists are saying he might withdraw from singles, lets see how he goes in his doubles match on Saturday with Carlos

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and Carlos who are unseeded play their first doubles match on Saturday night session on Philippe Chatrier not before 7pm local time against Maximo Gonzalez and Andes Molteni

Just saw a video of Rafa and Carlos practicing alongside one another, Rafa continues to wear bandage on his right upper, 20 mins ago, ( via Olly@Olly-Tennis)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
One of Moxie's best quotes was " there's so much drama with Nadal" . Jajaja.
You think LOL! and I thought the Drama King was Novak Djokoivc all these years :) just finish watching Rafa at his practice session, he had cancelled 2 practice sessions yesterday
Carlos hasnt got JCF with him, as Rafa has Carlos Moyra with him in Paris. David Ferrer is the Team Captain for Spain

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I think Rafa will be just fine. It's probably just fatigue from the Bastad Open. We'll know more tomorrow. If he's out there for the doubles, then he will be there for the singles as well. The only way he doesn't play is if the injury is very serious, and in that case, it's probably wraps on his career.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You think LOL! and I thought the Drama King was Novak Djokoivc all these years :) just finish watching Rafa at his practice session, he had cancelled 2 practice sessions yesterday
Carlos hasnt got JCF with him, as Rafa has Carlos Moyra with him in Paris. David Ferrer is the Team Captain for Spain
Really how did Rafa look in practice?

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Really how did Rafa look in practice?
I could not gauge much, he is still wearing the thick heavily bandage on his upper thigh, his movement looked okay.
There are still strong rumors he might just play doubles and withdraw from singles, Moya said they will know more in 48 hours.
Strong media reports still say he might withdraw from singles originally he was set only to play doubles with Alcaraz at the Olympics
Playing doubles you really cant gauge 100% if his movement will be affected in singles?
Moya confirmed he will go out on the court Saturday to play doubles with Alcaraz

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and his family watching from their balcony during the opening ceremony at Paris Olympics, young Raphael was there as well, with Rafa holding him:)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I have never been to Paris. I havent heard great things about the city.
Well my mother was French, apart from that factor, it is one of my all time fav cities of the world, for culture, arts, history,, food etc, wonderful buildings etc, Paris the City of Light also The City of Love as many people say about Paris :)
You should go, I will be your travel guide for a discounted price :)

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
6000.jpg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have never been to Paris. I havent heard great things about the city.
You have to be kidding me. Don't be one of those people who says they didn't like Venice because the canals stink. Paris is incredibly beautiful, and full of wonders. But it's like NYC or London or Rome, and if you don't do it right, you could have a bad time, and eat poorly. But, if you stay in a sweet neighborhood, find the local spots, and hit the highlights in your own time, you'll find their charms. Paris is big, and can be intimidating, but it IS full of charm.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You have to be kidding me. Don't be one of those people who says they didn't like Venice because the canals stink. Paris is incredibly beautiful, and full of wonders. But it's like NYC or London or Rome, and if you don't do it right, you could have a bad time, and eat poorly. But, if you stay in a sweet neighborhood, find the local spots, and hit the highlights in your own time, you'll find their charms. Paris is big, and can be intimidating, but it IS full of charm.
I have been to all the NYC and Rome but not London and Paris

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am going crazy out here thinking about the match.

OMG, what's gonna happen?
Rafa and Carlos are playing their first doubles match tonight 7pm tonight local time
Rafa plays his first singles match on Sunday you will have to wait for the result Rafa may end up losing his first singles match:) he might not make it to play Novak in the 2nd round. Media still strong thinking Rafa will withdraw from the singles, we gonna see no?:)
I didnt know you were such a Rafa fan? lol!

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa isn't going to withdraw from singles. Carlos Alcaraz said that Rafa was fine. Also, Rafa was at the Opening Ceremony yesterday (which wouldn't be the case if he was really injured and about to withdraw from singles.) Plus, Rafa deserves to have a proper farewell at Roland Garros. We didn't really get that with Roger Federer when he played the final time at Wimbledon in 2021. (I know Roger eventually got the farewell in 2023, but that was 2 years after he played his final match at Wimbledon and retired.)