Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa speaking after his loss today in the QFs of the doubles ( source Olly Tennis@ olly_tennis-)

" I will go and spend some time with my family after 4 months in which I enjoyed tennis again, despite some problems and disappointments.When I am clear about what I will do in the future with or without a racket in my hand, I will let you know.If I don't have the desire, strength or motivation to continue, I will hang up my racket".

Really, afterwards saying that it appears he is pretty close to saying No Mas..
The youngins these days have a saying about feelings, Rafa is too "caught up in his feelings"..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Really, afterwards saying that it appears he is pretty close to saying No Mas..
The youngins these days have a saying about feelings, Rafa is too "caught up in his feelings"..
Rafa after his loss was still in 'disappointment' mode and that is understandable, when he goes home to Mallorca, gets on his boat goes fishing, swims etc, his head will do the talking I feel not his heart, he did say despite the disappointments and setbacks he enjoyed his tennis again, a positive sign from Rafa.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa after his loss was still in 'disappointment' mode and that is understandable, when he goes home to Mallorca, gets on his boat goes fishing, swims etc, his head will do the talking I feel not his heart, he did say despite the disappointments and setbacks he enjoyed his tennis again, a positive sign from Rafa.
Two years off the tour.. facing the Novak and the #4 doubles team at the games.. I'm quite sure Toni would tell Rafa he needs to give his body and mind a full year on the tour to get back to his best level at this point in his career. He has to go to Toronto or this year is OVER. IMO

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Two years off the tour.. facing the Novak and the #4 doubles team at the games.. I'm quite sure Toni would tell Rafa he needs to give his body and mind a full year on the tour to get back to his best level at this point in his career. He has to go to Toronto or this year is OVER. IMO
Well the main draw for Montreal this year, men played Toronto last year, they alternate remember, will be on Saturday 3rd August, so I dont think Rafa will be playing unless at the last minute he asks for a WC

Reactions: the AntiPusher

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
If this was the last time Rafa plays at Roland Garros, he will retire with this stat: Every completed run at RG, Rafa either won the title, or the player he lost to at least made it to the final.

2005-2008 - Rafa won French Open
2009 - Rafa lost to Soderling, who made French Open final
2010-2014 - Rafa won French Open
2015 - Rafa lost to Djokovic, who made French Open final
2017-2020 - Rafa won French Open
2021 - Rafa lost to Djokovic, who won French Open
2022 - Rafa won French Open
2024 - Rafa lost to Zverev, who made French Open final; Rafa lost to Djokovic, who won the singles gold medal

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has withdrawn from the USO and has confirmed his next tournament will be at The Laver Cup ( source Ollytennis@olly_tennis)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This Rafa's message he posted on Twitter about 1 hour ago confirming his withdrawal from the US Open

Hi all,
Writing to let you guys know that I decided not to compete at this year's US Open a place where I have amazing memories.I will miss the electric and special night sessions in NYC at Ashe, but I dont think I would be able to give my 100% this time.Thanks to all my US fans in particular, will miss you all and will see you another time.
Best of lucks to all the always amazing US Open. My next event will be at the Laver Cup in Berlin

RafaNadal@RafaelNadal.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
This is probably wraps on Rafa's career. Since the start of 2023, Rafa has missed 6 of the last 7 slams, and only won one grand slam match (the 1st round of the 2023 Australian Open). The fact that Rafa said that he is playing the Laver Cup (which is essentially an exhibition) over a slam should tell you that he is ready to retire, rather than someone who is going to play next year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is probably wraps on Rafa's career. Since the start of 2023, Rafa has missed 6 of the last 7 slams, and only won one grand slam match (the 1st round of the 2023 Australian Open). The fact that Rafa said that he is playing the Laver Cup (which is essentially an exhibition) over a slam should tell you that he is ready to retire, rather than someone who is going to play next year.
Rafa hasnt said he was retiring? if you read one of my previous posts, he said he said despite the setbacks and disappointments of the last 4 months he still enjoyed his tennis, quite frankly after Olympics, I never thought he would play the USO, transition time from clay to HC, is too quick,f you see some of the results today Thursday in Montreal l 3 top seeds lost, all played at the Olympics? also gone are the days he can play himself into a tournament, I felt like others he had to play a warm up tournament eg Montreal this year, Rafa was only on the 'entry list for the USO" that dosent mean he was going to play?.Rafa always had intentions of playing the Laver Cup., regardless of it being an exhibition tournament.
BTW Players will retire on their own terms,, not on our terms, if Rafa still enjoys playing tennis he will decide when it is time to hang up his racket!!

Last edited:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I've a feeling Federer will unretire to play doubles with Nadal at the Laver Cup. We'll soon see.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I've a feeling Federer will unretire to play doubles with Nadal at the Laver Cup. We'll soon see.
Is Roger playing doubles in Berlin? all I heard previously that Rafa was doing him a favor, seeing Roger has interests in the Laver Cup, lets see if Roger does unretire to play doubles

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Rain delay, so a bit of humor:

1723242620580.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal speaking today when asked about his retirement,

"I'm not in a hurray to make a decision about my future.What is certain is that I will be at the Laver Cup and then we will see".

( source marca.com/futbol/prima and also Olly@olly_tennis)

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has withdrawn from the USO and has confirmed his next tournament will be at The Laver Cup ( source Ollytennis@olly_tennis)
For me, Rafa should have saved himself for the USO because it has been his best tournament outside of RG. He knew Novak , Carlos would be totally SPENT afterwards playing the channel slams plus the French Games which Sinner was wise not to participate. The Laver Cup is a glorified exhibition which I have NEVER been interested in watching even though it came to Chicago. As a Nadal fan, 2024 was the worst year!