Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
What do you think about the draw
I 'Co sign" your post above, I have no words
Carlos and Rafa being unseeded in the doubles play a pair from Argentina in their 1st rd match Gonzalez/Molteni who I am not familiar with, though there are very good doubles teams in the draw

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
I

No worries.. I realized that the games are very important to Rafa. I will sit this one out.
You should really change your attitude about this. If you are a true fan of Rafa, you'd be behind him 100% no matter what. This is almost certainly his last hurrah. I figured that he'd give the Olympics one more try because he hasn't had a real chance since winning singles gold in 2008. He was injured and couldn't play in 2012 and 2021, and wasn't fully healthy in 2016 (remember, he pulled out of the French Open and missed Wimbledon beforehand). This is likely the healthliest Rafa will be for an Olympics. Quite frankly, if it wasn't an Olympic year, I feel like Rafa would have called it a career.

Enjoy the last matches of Rafa's career while you can. Because if you don't, years from now, after Rafa plays his final match this fall, you'll have a lot of regrets about how you weren't fully behind him in the final moments of his career.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You should really change your attitude about this. If you are a true fan of Rafa, you'd be behind him 100% no matter what. This is almost certainly his last hurrah. I figured that he'd give the Olympics one more try because he hasn't had a real chance since winning singles gold in 2008. He was injured and couldn't play in 2012 and 2021, and wasn't fully healthy in 2016 (remember, he pulled out of the French Open and missed Wimbledon beforehand). This is likely the healthliest Rafa will be for an Olympics. Quite frankly, if it wasn't an Olympic year, I feel like Rafa would have called it a career.

Enjoy the last matches of Rafa's career while you can. Because if you don't, years from now, after Rafa plays his final match this fall, you'll have a lot of regrets about how you weren't fully behind him in the final moments of his career.
I hope Rafa does well and stays healthy. Hopefully There's another goal (USO) for this year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Oh please of course AP is a true fan of Rafa, though he has a right to his opinion like anyone else, Rafa did get a very tough draw, and I agree 100% with his thoughts okay stop with the lectures.Thanks.We all will be behind Rafa regardless! as we have done over the many years of supporting him,!n good times and bad times!

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Oh please of course AP is a true fan of Rafa, though he has a right to his opinion like anyone else, Rafa did get a very tough draw, and I agree 100% with his thoughts okay stop with the lectures.Thanks.We all will be behind Rafa regardless! as we have done over the many years of supporting him,!n good times and bad times!
I think if Rafa gets past the first 2 rounds (most likely he will have to face Djokovic), I think the draw is doable. Rafa is much more match fit now, after his run to the final last week, than he was in the spring. Just like with Sampras before the 2002 US Open, I still believe that Rafa has one more moment of greatness left in him.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think if Rafa gets past the first 2 rounds (most likely he will have to face Djokovic), I think the draw is doable. Rafa is much more match fit now, after his run to the final last week, than he was in the spring. Just like with Sampras before the 2002 US Open, I still believe that Rafa has one more moment of greatness left in him.
If you read what I have posted Rafa said he wasnt happy with his playing level in Sweden? though a positive was he didnt have any pain in his hip area,
Rafa has always loved the Olympics, and I was positive if he thought he could play he would, the only other tournament he has confirmed to play in is the Laver Cup.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
News just in ( source The Tennis Letter),
BTW Carlos Moya says Rafa suffered a 'setback' in practice yesterday, dealing with a 'thigh issue'
"Today it was decided to rest to give him more time to recover" Moya said.
Rafa was due to have a practice session with Zverev today, cancelled

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
News just in ( source The Tennis Letter),
BTW Carlos Moya says Rafa suffered a 'setback' in practice yesterday, dealing with a 'thigh issue'
"Today it was decided to rest to give him more time to recover" Moya said.
Rafa was due to have a practice session with Zverev today, cancelled
Hopefully its just a top level side thigh issue..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Carlos and Rafa play their 1st round doubles match this Saturday so far confirmed
Rafa will play his first round singles match on Sunday BTW Fucsovics will not be 'a walk in the park for Rafa"

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,
Rafa has been practicing a lot lately before the tournament in Sweden and also went all the way in the final with long 3 set matches
Thinking about it more probably just a slight strain due to over practicing etc, this is quite normal for even a much younger player as well over training can result in strains in your legs

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,
Rafa has been practicing a lot lately before the tournament in Sweden and also went all the way in the final with long 3 set matches
Thinking about it more probably just a slight strain due to over practicing etc, this is quite normal for even a much younger player as well over training can result in strains in your legs
That's exactly what it is hopefully. This Rafa's aftershock because last week his legs were in a earthquake

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I appreciatie your cheerleading on this. I like to stay optimistic, too. I think you overrate the Olympics as to why Rafa is still in the game, but I do agree that he's regretted having to miss a few, particularly, I would guess, London, when he was going to carry the flag for Spain in the opening ceremonies.

That said, his draw sucks!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I appreciatie your cheerleading on this. I like to stay optimistic, too. I think you overrate the Olympics as to why Rafa is still in the game, but I do agree that he's regretted having to miss a few, particularly, I would guess, London, when he was going to carry the flag for Spain in the opening ceremonies.

That said, his draw sucks!
Sorry Moxie I disagree it is not cheerleading in my opinion, he has been here what 5 mins and giving out lectures to Rafa fans that have been here at TF for years, AP had every right to post his feelings on Rafa's draw, I agree with you yes his draw sucks.