Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

The Strokes

Futures Player
Reactions
Rafa played a very strong match against Norrie, though Norrie kind of fell apart 2nd set.
He should win the whole thing at this point, though I'm not familiar with Navone ...

Still pissed he got Zverev 1rst round FO, he never got any chance to work himself into form.

I also hope he plays Montreal; Canada has been great for him and if he really intends to play USO, he needs a warm-up on HC.

I'm not sure what kind of level Rafa can get back to. I think a very high one if and only IF his body holds up, that has always been the question with him.
It's clear he really wants to still play, and he stopped saying 2024 was his last year at RG, a great sign he's still into continuing. I would assume if he gets injured again (other than something very minor) that's it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa played a very strong match against Norrie, though Norrie kind of fell apart 2nd set.
He should win the whole thing at this point, though I'm not familiar with Navone ...

Still pissed he got Zverev 1rst round FO, he never got any chance to work himself into form.

I also hope he plays Montreal; Canada has been great for him and if he really intends to play USO, he needs a warm-up on HC.

I'm not sure what kind of level Rafa can get back to. I think a very high one if and only IF his body holds up, that has always been the question with him.
It's clear he really wants to still play, and he stopped saying 2024 was his last year at RG, a great sign he's still into continuing. I would assume if he gets injured again (other than something very minor) that's it.
I would not say it was a Strong Match, Rafa turned it around in the 2nd half against, Norrie who can play on the clay, fell apart, also it was not a Vintage performance either as another poster quoted on the match
Navone is a rising young player with a lot of results on clay recently
Rafa is 38 years old, we are lucky he is still playing on the tour, quite frankly, his body has had Enough Injuries over the years, it is due to his love of playing tennis and he wants to be ' competitive' I cannot see him getting back to his previous High Level, his body has been telling him for years, Enough is Enough
Rafa could withdraw from the USO depends on how his body responds during the Olympics, he is only on the entry list
Agree he does need to play a warm up tournament if he plays the USO,, I would prefer Canada.
I

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I would not say it was a Strong Match, Rafa turned it around in the 2nd half against, Norrie who can play on the clay, also it was not a Vintage performance either as another poster quoted on the match
Rafa is 38 years old, we are lucky he is still playing on the tour, quite frankly, his body has had Enough Injuries over the years, it is due to his love of playing tennis and he wants to be ' competitive' I cannot see him getting back to his previous High Level, his body has been telling him for years, Enough is Enough
Rafa could withdraw from the USO depends on how his body responds during the Olympics, he is only on the entry list
I
Dont remind Us .. For me this season would be an absolute useless year but I do understand the man's health is more important than trying for #23 in NYC

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Dont remind Us .. For me this season would be an absolute useless year but I do understand the man's health is more important than trying for #23 in NYC
Do you honestly think Rafa will play in 2025?
In regards to the USO there are too many good HC players Sinner, Alcaraz just to name 2 players that can win the USO this year, frankly I cannot see Rafa winning the USO

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Do you honestly think Rafa will play in 2025?
In regards to the USO there are too many good HC players Sinner, Alcaraz just to name 2 players that can win the USO this year
Absolutely.. Rafa has said that if he is healthy and enjoying himself he would continue. he didnt close the door on MC, Barcey, Roma or RG.. Only Madrid if I recall correctly. I think he has been relatively healthy since Roma

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Absolutely.. Rafa has said that if he is healthy and enjoying himself he would continue. he didnt close the door on MC, Barcey, Roma or RG.. Only Madrid if I recall correctly. I think he has been relatively healthy since Roma
It depends on his health and if he is can stay competitive, Rafa has always said that, I dont want him just making up the numbers in tournaments

The Strokes

Futures Player
Reactions
I would not say it was a Strong Match, Rafa turned it around in the 2nd half against, Norrie who can play on the clay, fell apart, also it was not a Vintage performance either as another poster quoted on the match
Agree he does need to play a warm up tournament if he plays the USO,, I would prefer Canada.
I

I didn't say vintage, someone else did. I think it was strong, given the circumstances.
Norrie is a decent opponent and Rafa hasn't played a match since the first week of June.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't say vintage, someone else did. I think it was strong, given the circumstances.
Norrie is a decent opponent and Rafa hasn't played a match since the first week of June.
I never said you did say Vintage read my post another player on this post did? forget about circumstances, Rafa wanted to play this tournament to get in extra practice for RG, it was his choice
Agree Norrie was a decent opponent for Rafa who can play on clay, though he imploded in the 2nd set
Rafa does have a good opportunity to reach a SF, again enhancing his much needed clay court play just before the Olympics

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP

I just woke up after nearly having to work a double shift at the hospital
I was going to correct this before I went to sleep
It wasnt Vajda who said Novak was in the head of Rafa before the 2020 RG final, actually I met Vajda at the Rome tournament in 2013 and also at RG that year, a really nice man, we had a great conversation about tennis players in general, and again met him on the streets at Paris, I told him " I an not stalking you" he laughed
It was Goran Ivanisevic who said that about Rafa.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

The Strokes

Futures Player
Reactions
I never said you did say Vintage read my post another player on this post did? forget about circumstances, Rafa wanted to play this tournament to get in extra practice for RG, it was his choice
Agree Norrie was a decent opponent for Rafa who can play on clay, though he imploded in the 2nd set
Rafa does have a good opportunity to reach a SF, again enhancing his much needed clay court play just before the Olympics
Circumstances always matter. By that I meant how little Rafa's played lately.
It would be nice for nadal fans to have a place to celebrate these rare times when he plays, and wins, without that kind of "teacherly" response.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Circumstances always matter. By that I meant how little Rafa's played lately.
It would be nice for nadal fans to have a place to celebrate these rare times when he plays, and wins, without that kind of "teacherly" response.
Well I am entitled to my opinion regardless just like you are okay move on:)

The Strokes

Futures Player
Reactions
A great win for Rafa.
I only saw snatches of this this, due to having to watch it on free streams--despite already paying a fortune for sports cable network that chose not carry this (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR) but in the bits I did see, Rafa was up and down, not match tough yet, but doing what he always has done: finding a way.
If I saw the whole thing I'd have more to say. Did see the very last game though. Made the close look very easy!

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In a match that tested Rafa's mentally, physically and form he came through in a hard fought 3 set win over Navone, who I posted has had some solid results on clay this year
Rafa won 67(2) 75 75
Rafa will play 2 matches tomorrow SF in singles and doubles
Well done Rafa and also well done to Navone who pushed Rafa all the way in this match

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
A great win for Rafa.
I only saw snatches of this this, due to having to watch it on free streams--despite already paying a fortune for sports cable network that chose not carry this (GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR) but in the bits I did see, Rafa was up and down, not match tough yet, but doing what he always has done: finding a way.
If I saw the whole thing I'd have more to say. Did see the very last game though. Made the close look very easy!
Rafa had 3 attempts to serve out the match BTW credit goes to Navone who pushed him all the way in the match it was a hard fought win from Rafa

The Strokes

Futures Player
Reactions
Well I am entitled to my opinion regardless just like you are okay move on:)
OFC it goes without saying everyone's entitled to their opinion.
I'm talking about the spirit of your response, and I see it given to others too, though others are rare.
You seem to be just about the only one posting here.
From the posts to others i do see, you're not welcoming to new posters, and generally hostile.
That was me moving on.

• Sad
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
OFC it goes without saying everyone's entitled to their opinion.
I'm talking about the spirit of your response, and I see it given to others too, though others are rare.
You seem to be just about the only one posting here.
From the posts to others i do see, you're not welcoming to new posters, and generally hostile.
That was me moving on.
I always welcome new posters and fans okay
However when it comes to any of my fav players I have always been fair and if I feel they are not playing well etc I say so,, I dont sugar coat okay
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I am not hostile at all, remember this, a poster is also entitled to reply to a post, whether they like or disagree? this is what a Tennis Forum is all about.If I happen to disagree with a poster eg regarding Rafa, that does not make me a hostile poster okay
I have always given credit to Rafa's opponents, and I gave credit to Navone who pushed Rafa all the way in his QF match today,

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play both SFs in singles and doubles tomorrow
Rafa will play Ajdukovic in his SF singles match

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
"I lost for some moments my concentration, but I was able to hold physically until the end. That is so important for me. Lets see how I am tomorrow, but today I am alive in the SFs, so thats very important"
Rafa speaking after his 3 set match against Navone

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play both SFs in singles and doubles tomorrow
Rafa will play Ajdukovic in his SF singles match
He needs be very careful now not to over do it with the Olympics just around the corner. I saw while working that it took nearly 4 hours. Some fun points in the doubles matches so far with Ruud.