Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay this is Rafa's singles draw at Bastad, remember to, he is playing doubles with Ruud

R1 Leo Borg they both practiced together yesterday
R2 Norrie/Kovalik
QF Narone/Nagel
SF Ruud/Garin
F Rublev/Griekspoor

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and Casper won their first round doubles match against the 2nd seeds Guido Andreozzi /Miguel Reyes-Varel 61 64
Rafa and Casper with their doubles win are into the QFs
Rafa will play his first singles match against Leo Borg ( son of my tennis idol Bjorn Borg)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play his first round singles match Tuesday July 16th against Leo Borg not before 2.30pm local time

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa and Casper won their first round doubles match against the 2nd seeds Guido Andreozzi /Miguel Reyes-Varel 61 64
Rafa and Casper with their doubles win are into the QFs
Rafa will play his first singles match against Leo Borg ( son of my tennis idol Bjorn Borg)
i saw the match. Rafa looked very good, I thought, strong. Ruud looked pretty good, too. The south Americans were over-matched.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Please I would be very worried if Rafa wasnt able to defeat 21 year old Borg who has hardly set the world on fire, even though he is the son of my tennis idol Bjorn Borg :)
Rafa's serve was 'on' today around the first serve points won around 80% I know AP will be happy with that stat :)
BTW Leo Borg is a graduate of Rafa's academy

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lets see how Rafa fares against another lefty in Cameron Norrie in his next match up :)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Breaking News, ( via The Tennis Letter) though I am also trying to find this news is confirmed on my other journalists who I follow with reliable Rafa News, confirmed Rafa will use his PR for the USO via Ollytennis@olly tennis) a journalist who I follow and is reliable with up to date Rafa News.

Rafa will play the 2024 USO
This will be his first USO in 2 years

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Please I would be very worried if Rafa wasnt able to defeat 21 year old Borg who has hardly set the world on fire, even though he is the son of my tennis idol Bjorn Borg :)
Rafa's serve was 'on' today around the first serve points won around 80% I know AP will be happy with that stat :)
I also saw that match. Great serving from Rafa. That's what he's going to need going forward, meaning Olympics, and now, as you tell us, USOpen.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Young Borg has some game . Rafa didn't take it to the upper levels which he didn't have to but it was enjoyable

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Young Borg has some game . Rafa didn't take it to the upper levels which he didn't have to but it was enjoyable
It must be hard to be the son of his dad Bjorn, to live up to expectations, a lot of people have said at his age he should be showing more? I will also say that about if Federer's twins decided to take up tennis, also Novak's kids
We will have to wait a bit for Rafa's young son Raphael, though from what I have seen already he loves his junior racket :)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It must be hard to be the son of his dad Bjorn, to live up to expectations, a lot of people have said at his age he should be showing more? I will also say that about if Federer's twins decided to take up tennis, also Novak's kids
We will have to wait a bit for Rafa's young son Raphael, though from what I have seen already he loves his junior racket :)
Speaking of offspring Kobe Bryant Dad Joe jellybean Bryant passed away yesterday. Joe Kobe's dad a good basketball player who played with Dr J and the 76ers. It might be fair to say there's have been a lot of great players whom parents played sports at a high level but Kobe might have been the Greatest off spring ever.

• Sad
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer