Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and Casper survive 1 MP and defeated Arribage/Safiullin 64 36 12-10 to reach the SF in Bastad.
I love their new nick name "Ruudal" :)
Watching high lights of the match, Rafa is a bossy boots at times on the court :) also I laughed out loud when Casper used one of Rafa's towels to put down his bag on the clay, Rafa gave him a 'side glance' Rafa in clay tournaments usually uses his towel to put his bag down on the clay if he feels there isnt a lot of room on his chair/bench for his bag, of course he neatly puts his towel on the clay, just like he puts his water bottles in order on the clay :)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play his 2nd round singles match against Cam Norrie on Thursday 18th July not before 2.30pm local time
Rafa leads their H2H 4-1, Norrie won their latest match at the United Cup in Australia, Dec 22, in 3 sets.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Well. It will take some more practice for Rafa to reach his former level.
I think most reasonable people know this is Rafa's last hurrah and that he will never reach his former level. AntiPusher seems stuck in 2019 and thinks Rafa is going to play another 4 years while compiling a few more slams along the way.

I'll be happy with even just one more title, to have one last memory of him winning. Even if he never wins another title, Rafa's legacy is set.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I think most reasonable people know this is Rafa's last hurrah and that he will never reach his former level. AntiPusher seems stuck in 2019 and thinks Rafa is going to play another 4 years while compiling a few more slams along the way.

I'll be happy with even just one more title, to have one last memory of him winning. Even if he never wins another title, Rafa's legacy is set.
Hello good Sir...I would like to see the post where's Rafa is going to play another 4 years that I made ... Nevertheless, it's early and I will just address your post. I would love to see Rafa play another year to capture #23 and #24..I think it will take a perfect storm for Rafa to win the US Open this year. My only hope is that he is able to walk off the court healthy.. Watching Murray's documentary last night reassured me as we all know is that the most important thing is that these warriors are able to live a high quality of life with their young family..One of the greatest things my kids can say is that growing up we were able to experience spending quality time together with me without ANY physical limitations..God Bless and Vamos Nadal

Reactions: Jelenafan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Vintage Nadal returns, as he defeats Cameron Norrie 6-4, 6-4.
Have you been drinking " Kool Aide" it wasnt Vintage Rafa at all,he played well and turned the match around in the 2nd set? if you looked at their H2H Cam has only won 1 match against Rafa that was on a HC in the Sydney Cup, so going on that H2H you would think Rafa had a good chance of defeating him,?

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well. It will take some more practice for Rafa to reach his former level.
I dont think Rafa will ever reach his former level, he is 38 years old with a body that has suffered many injures over the years, quite frankly I am amazed he is still playing this year, I have followed him since he first came on tour, with all the injures, time off the tour, I thought he may have retired for good around age 30

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play his QF match on Friday 19th July not before 1pm against M. Navone (4). This will be their first meeting.
Navone is a rising young player who has won a lot of matches on clay recently

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I dont think Rafa will ever reach his former level, he is 38 years old with a body that has suffered many injures over the years, quite frankly I am amazed he is still playing this year, I have followed him since he first came on tour, with all the injures, time off the tour, I thought he may have retired for good around age 30
Question do you think 30 year old Rafa could defeat 34 year old that wiped the court at RG vs Novak in the Fall 20?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Question do you think 30 year old Rafa could defeat 34 year old that wiped the court at RG vs Novak in the Fall 20?
Sorry I dont understand your Q as I have just come off night shift at the hospital and drinking a very strong expresso, just finished watching highlights of Rafa's match against Norrie
I have just woken up to your Q LOL! Rafa won is SS over Novak at RG in 2020 ....Yes to your Q
Lets remember to, Rafa on clay is a beast before his current injuries sad to say

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not surprised that Rafa isnt on the entry list for Cincy, a tournament he has never really like due to the high humidity and court surface, though what a year 2013 was when Rafa won the 2 big HC tournaments before winning the USO, the only other 2 players to complete that feat was Pat Rafter and Andy Roddick
Rafa is also not on the entry list for Canada tournament either, a tournament he has always liked and done well at? maybe too close after the Olympics

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Not surprised that Rafa isnt on the entry list for Cincy, a tournament he has never really like due to the high humidity and court surface, though what a year 2013 was when Rafa won the 2 big HC tournaments before winning the USO, the only other 2 players to complete that feat was Pat Rafter and Andy Roddick
Rafa is also not on the entry list for Canada tournament either, a tournament he has always liked and done well at? maybe too close after the Olympics
He HAS to play one of those tournaments.. No way he can go without any HC tune up tournament.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He HAS to play one of those tournaments.. No way he can go without any HC tune up tournament.
Agree he might change his mind after the Olympics, he can always get a WC to wither tournament seeing he is a past champion, though I would prefer Canada

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a reminder, Rafa being on the entry list for the USO he could withdraw, depending on how he feels and how his body is holding up after Olympics.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,
Remember in that RG final in 2020,
Novak's coach said before the final,
"Rafa has no chance.Novak has gotten into Rafa's head"
Rafa's response,
60 62 75 :)

• Love