Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

tented

Administrator
Reactions
If anyone thinks that Rafa is going to play pain-free for the rest of his career, or if he's played pain-free for even the past few years, you're kidding yourself. He'll tough it out, but I think his pain-free years are behind him.
This is the match which began my always thinking there’s pain in there somewhere. At the time, I remember Federer saying it was difficult to watch.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Here's the worst throwback Thursday video

Whomever did the musical edits was spot on

Most definitely the worst match I ever had to endure

Brother, this thread is for Nadal fans, not for those who wish to inflict emotional pain. ;) :D

Seriously, it was an important match, which cannot and should not be forgotten.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I just looked up Rafa's year end ranking which is 664#
Of course he will still have a PR for his first few events of 2024
Rafa can get up to 9 entry via PR in tournaments, his ranking is based on his average ranking of the last 12 months before injury
PR cannot be used for seeding.He will get a WC in any tournament, no need for PR
PR does not allow you to get seeded

Reactions: Moxie and tented

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just looked up Rafa's year end ranking which is 664#
Of course he will still have a PR for his first few events of 2024
Rafa can get up to 9 entry via PR in tournaments, his ranking is based on his average ranking of the last 12 months before injury
PR cannot be used for seeding.He will get a WC in any tournament, no need for PR
PR does not allow you to get seeded

#664? Wow how ironic since by my calculations 664 is the amount of weeks at no.1 he would have had if not for his injuries. :clap:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
From Rafa

Although this is positive Doesn't sound like he feels he will a few more GSs. Well I will accept it and move forward. Thanks Rafa

Here's the worst throwback Thursday video

Whomever did the musical edits was spot on

Most definitely the worst match I ever had to endure

The 3 of y'all hurt my feelings .. jajaja

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From Rafa

Although this is positive Doesn't sound like he feels he will a few more GSs. Well I will accept it and move forward. Thanks Rafa

The 3 of y'all hurt my feelings .. jajaja
I read on social media Rafa said he would in the next couple of days, with his team, inform his plans for tournaments, stay tuned I guess

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just some updated Olympics news,
Spain receives two invitations for the Olympic Games with Great Britain
Rafa and Carlos Alcaraz will be able to join the competition by letter, without having to respect the conditions of playing Davis Cup matches.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just some updated Olympics news,
Spain receives two invitations for the Olympic Games with Great Britain
Rafa and Carlos Alcaraz will be able to join the competition by letter, without having to respect the conditions of playing Davis Cup matches.

Best news I have read since Djokovic got eliminated from Davis Cup. :rose:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
IMG_1237.jpeg

From the BBC 5 minutes ago… :clap::clap:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
More Rafa News!

Rafa Nadal invited Arthur Fils to train with him for a week in Kuwait ( Rafa has a training academy in Kuwait) starting December 8 till the 15th ( source the Tennis Letter)

" He very kindly invited me.I'm going to give it my all. I'm going to try not to get too carried away on his forehand.I'm going to get the most out of it"
Via@Quentin Moynet

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
More Rafa News!

Rafa Nadal invited Arthur Fils to train with him for a week in Kuwait ( Rafa has a training academy in Kuwait) starting December 8 till the 15th ( source the Tennis Letter)

" He very kindly invited me.I'm going to give it my all. I'm going to try not to get too carried away on his forehand.I'm going to get the most out of it"
Via@Quentin Moynet
Okay that's what I'm talking about...too bad we can ONLY speculate about what occurs during his training session. ( Practice sets on clay or hard court and etc..)

One thing I can speculate is Rafa is able to maintain his pain tolerance during and after his practice hitting sessions plus recovery..We know there's gonna be "something" during this comeback to make him pause but it's better to have the King of Clay back..

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay that's what I'm talking about...too bad we can ONLY speculate about what occurs during his training session. ( Practice sets on clay or hard court and etc..)

One thing I can speculate is Rafa is able to maintain his pain tolerance during and after his practice hitting sessions plus recovery..We know there's gonna be "something" during this comeback to make him pause but it's better to have the King of Clay back..
I would imagine it would be a HC seeing he is preparing for the Brisbane and the AO, even when I saw video's of him at practice in Spain it was on a HC

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"I have internalized what I have had throughout my life, which is to demand myself the maximum, and right now what I really hope is to be able not to do that, not to demand the maximum, to accept that things are going to be very difficult at the beginning and to give myself the necessary time and forgive myself if things go wrong at the beginning, which is a very big possibility."

(I read the quote in Spanish, and trust me it's more elegant.) Typical Rafa being philosophical...not just underselling his chances, which he has done in the past, but telling himself that he can't go "all out," at first, which goes against his nature.

Who knows what he has left to give, and how the body holds up, but I expect he'll make a heroic last push.