Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I CAN'T wait until he gets on the practice courts..If he is healthy I think finally we're going to see the "practice" session Rafa meaning he will play like Carlitos did the final set of Wimbledon 2023 hitting 18 winners..
Hopefully! It would be great if he came out swinging. His attitude when he came back in 2022 was irrepressible. He was unstoppable, and we can only hope he still has something like that left…

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Some Happy News,

Tennis Australia, via Craig Tiley has confirmed that Rafa will play the AO in 2024!
This is excellent news..I know it won't happen but can you imagine if he would play a few challengers tournaments just to get back into competitive conditioning..my thoughts are if he plays a 250 or higher tournament he won't get the extra extended match play to get ready for AO...you guys know what I mean. How many times have we seen a player enter a tournament rusty and have to wait another week to enter something else. E g. Dominic Thiem comeback attempts

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is excellent news..I know it won't happen but can you imagine if he would play a few challengers tournaments just to get back into competitive conditioning..my thoughts are if he plays a 250 or higher tournament he won't get the extra extended match play to get ready for AO...you guys know what I mean. How many times have we seen a player enter a tournament rusty and have to wait another week to enter something else. E g. Dominic Thiem comeback attempts
I am thinking Rafa will play a warm up tournament before the AO, just my thoughts, there are a few ATP250 tournaments in Australia, ( Adelaide and Brisbane) or he could play for Spain if they enter the United Cup, playing in Perth and Sydney next year, lets hope he continues his good practice sessions, I saw one the other day on Twitter, where he was moving well laterally.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I am thinking Rafa will play a warm up tournament before the AO, just my thoughts, there are a few ATP250 tournaments in Australia, ( Adelaide and Brisbane) or he could play for Spain if they enter the United Cup, playing in Perth and Sydney next year, lets hope he continues his good practice sessions, I saw one the other day on Twitter, where he was moving well laterally.
Dear MM Rafa needs bodies count not just a warm up tournament

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I saw something that Rafa's team hasn't officially gave the official word from the team that Nadal is participating in AO.. strange stuff here in the US
Well Craig Tiley said he had been in contact with Rafa, confirmed his participation, on TV and also our sports program on radio I would not have post it otherwise, I read a tweet from Rafa saying he is working hard to play at the AO. I will post any updates I read.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Well Craig Tiley said he had been in contact with Rafa, confirmed his participation, on TV and also our sports program on radio I would not have post it otherwise, I read a tweet from Rafa saying he is working hard to play at the AO. I will post any updates I read.
Damn. Craig Tiley? We can’t rely on him!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Damn. Craig Tiley? We can’t rely on him!
I understand you 100% regarding Craig Tiley, though he was very firm when he fronted up on our TV and said Rafa would not have confirmed to play if he didnt think he was able to. stay tuned for further announcements from Craig :)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I understand you 100% regarding Craig Tiley, though he was very firm when he fronted up on our TV and said Rafa would not have confirmed to play if he didnt think he was able to. stay tuned for further announcements from Craig :)
Further announcements from Craig?

Craig (squints up at a flock of geese overhead): Run! Run for your miserable lives, it’s aliens I tells ya!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
IMG_0999.jpeg

This is not a confidence booster for any of us…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
View attachment 8888

This is not a confidence booster for any of us…
I read that the other day, all I can say is that Craig Tiley said he had a telephone conversation with Rafa and said he would be playing at the AO in 2024, he said that on our national TV and also on our radio. I understand in the past with Tiley he cannot be trusted, I only posted on what he said.
In saying that I dont wont Rafa to rush back to the tour until he feels ready.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Here is the official quote from Craig Tiley 12th October,

"We can reveal exclusively here that Rafa will be back" said Tiley on Australia's "The Today Show"
"He's been off for most of the year and in talking to him over the past few days he confirmed he will be back, which we're really excited about, the champion of 2022. Thats awesome".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah whatever Tiley says about anything can be safely ignored, even if the only thing he says is his own name…
Well he will look like a complete idiot if Rafa does not play at the AO, saying that on our national TV and on radio, a lot of people were saying he wanted to boost ticket sales by saying Rafa will be playing at the AO in 2024, knowing Tiley he will have a ready made excuse if Rafa does not play at the AO

Reactions: Kieran