Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Hey, Dude, this is the Rafa's Thread, where we get to massage over old thoughts and topics over and over again. :lulz1:
That is true. I'll leave y'all to circlejerk have fun in peace ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That is true. I'll leave y'all to circlejerk have fun in peace ;)
There's no need to be crude. You're surely welcome to come here and comment, but the "I'm sick and tired of..." is for another thread, if you know what I mean. We Rafa fans are doing a bit of hand-wringing ATM, and part of propping ourselves up is re-litigating some of it, at least speaking for myself. Surely you know what it's like to see your favorite coming towards the end of the road. This is our "safe space" for concerns and also for lamentations. :smooch:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I hope this video is misleading but it looks like things are not looking good... :(:cry:

Can I ask you what date was that video taken, because yesterday I was watching one, complete opposite to the one you posted thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Can I ask you what was the date that video was taken? yesterday I was watching a video of Rafa practicing and it was the complete opposite of that video
Thanks
Dont worry I found out it was yesterday, though apparently it was 'scraped' all over the place according to a tennis journalist and could not pin point the source

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Dont worry I found out it was yesterday, though apparently it was 'scraped' all over the place according to a tennis journalist and could not pin point the source
I see Novak's thoughts were that it may be current..Any thoughts on this

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Raise your hand if you think Rafa can do well at RG given all of the injuries and without having played a single match since January?

I know there have been years when he didn’t play much on clay before Paris, but (I believe) he has never arrived without having played even one clay court match.

At his age, with the different kinds of injuries, and no match play — I don’t see him winning a best-of-5 tournament.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Raise your hand if you think Rafa can do well at RG given all of the injuries and without having played a single match since January?

I know there have been years when he didn’t play much on clay before Paris, but (I believe) he has never arrived without having played even one clay court match.

At his age, with the different kinds of injuries, and no match play — I don’t see him winning a best-of-5 tournament.
Got my right hand high with the thumb down, as Bob Dylan puts it..

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

1684094815678.gif

I hate when posters use logic and rational thinking..

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions

I think it's possible, this is possibly his last RG, so it's worth gambling with injury to take the title. He has a better chance to win RG injured then win Wimbledon, USO injury free :fearful-face:

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think it's possible, this is possibly his last RG, so it's worth gambling with injury to take the title. He has a better chance to win RG injured then win Wimbledon, USO injury free :fearful-face:
Nice to see you, you have been missed

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Do you think Rafa will play RG time is running out, he declined a WC to a challenger tournament in Bordeaux, Murray, and Dom are playing, quite frankly I dont know what to think?
I hope so, it's still 16 days or so until he would play his 1st match. Long way to go yet.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Yep 16 days is a long time I guess in tennis lol!, I know he will be doing everything he can to play. I guess we will have to wait.
If this were happening at a different time — even 5 years ago — I’d feel better about the 16 days. But lately? I doubt it will happen. Unfortunately.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
If this were happening at a different time — even 5 years ago — I’d feel better about the 16 days. But lately? I doubt it will happen. Unfortunately.
Your point taken, this injury has taken soo long to heal, his age I guess is a reason why, sad to say

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
For those still holding out hope that Rafa will play the French Open this year, it's time to let go. Rafa won't play the FO this year, and that's okay. Steffi Graf went through a similar stretch with nagging injuries in 1997 and 1998 (after winning 3 slams in 1996), before having a respectable farewell year 1999. Rafa can have that in 2024. You just have to be patient. You need Rafa to come back fully healthy, whether that be Wimbledon, the US Open swing, the fall swing, or the AO warmups 2024. Rafa can win tournaments in 2024 (like in early 2022) if he is fully healthy. He isn't winning anything if compromised. Plus, there's always the chance that Carlos Alcaraz has a regression in 2024, like Martina Hingis in 1999, when Steffi took advantage and collected her final slam win at the FO. Let's be honest, nobody is beating Carlos Alcaraz right now, just like Hingis in 1997 and early 1998.