Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the last Hope for Nadal at RG.. I felt this may be the case but we shall see if this comes to fruition..

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is the last Hope for Nadal at RG.. I felt this may be the case but we shall see if this comes to fruition..

I will wait for Rafa to either confirm at RG or withdraw, he had his reasons for not accepting a WC into Bordeaux, which I understand. most of these tennis websites are 'purely speculative' I dont take notice.

tented

Administrator
Reactions

“The fact that he will miss the Bordeaux tournament is news with two faces. Rafa is preparing not to waste physical energy before Paris. In this case, the refusal of the wild-card is a positive sign, with Nadal who could indeed be at Roland Garros.

However, it must be said that his refusal could coincide with a non-optimal physical shape, still. Which would mean that his presence in Paris is still very much in doubt. However, the first hypothesis is always the most probable, as the Spaniard will try to arrive in France in the best possible physical condition.”

In other words, “we don’t know anything and are simply putting out clickbait.”

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I did put this news on the general ATP News, and I will post it here,

Having 30 years at the New York Times as their top tennis journalist, Christopher Cleary is leaving to become a full time author.
Chris will be writing at book on Rafa Nadal. Chris has written book on Roger Federer, I personally love his writing so I cannot wait till his book on Rafa comes to print.

Reactions: Kieran

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

It's not looking good, for sure he will announce his withdrawal from RG... But hopefully it's not to announce his retirement from tennis :(

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just some breaking news from Nadal's team,

" Rafa Nadal will hold a press conference tomorrow at 4pm at the Rafa Nadal Academy by MoviStar to inform about his participation in Roland Garros. If he plays or not and the reason either way will be only be communicated tomorrow"

• Wow
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

It's not looking good, for sure he will announce his withdrawal from RG... But hopefully it's not to announce his retirement from tennis :(

I just posted the same thing lol!
Well at least we will be hearing it from Rafa, there has been soo many tweets, that he wont be playing ,before his team put out that he will be holding a press conference tomorrow, that was from Nadal's PR team

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just posted the same thing lol!
Well at least we will be hearing it from Rafa, there has been soo many tweets, that he wont be playing ,before his team put out that he will be holding a press conference tomorrow, that was from Nadal's PR team

I think the choices are:

1. Simply withdraw for RG

2. Withdraw from RG and announce his retirement from tennis

3. Announce that he will play RG and that it will be his last tournament

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think the choices are:

1. Simply withdraw for RG

2. Withdraw from RG and announce his retirement from tennis

3. Play RG and announce that it will be his last tournament
Lets not jump to conclusions before we hear from Rafa
Personally speaking I dont think he will retire from tennis just yet, I hope not anyway

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, you announce you’ll play, you don’t announce that you’ll make a big announcement that you’ll play - unless he’s not playing, that’s a bigger announcement…
I was thinking about this yesterday.. when Jordan retired and decided to come back. He just sent a fax saying that "I'm Back! " I have ZERO clue what Rafa is going to do but I just hold on to what Toni said a few weeks ago that he would play.

Reactions: Kieran

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I've just read that Rafa will not play at RG this year.
Don dont take any notice, Rafa is holding a press conference tomorrow at 4pm he will inform us then if he is playing
There have been soo many rumors on Twitter today he is not playing

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Don dont take any notice, Rafa is holding a press conference tomorrow at 4pm he will inform us then if he is playing
Why would Sasa Ozmo post it then, quite clearly, Rafa will not play RG this year. Hm..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Why would Sasa Ozmo post it then, quite clearly, Rafa will not play RG this year. Hm..
I saw his post, Rafa's PR team put out a tweet saying Rafa will be holding a press conference at his academy at 4pm tomorrow, he will then explain if he is playing or not, there were also a lot of other tennis journalists saying the same thing
I will wait to hear from Rafa himself not some journalist or website

Now some website has decided to put up all Rafa's injuries over the years? help me lol!, this is now on Twitter, from the Tennis Letter,who also said his participation at RG is not looking good.

Last edited:
Reactions: don_fabio

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Quite frankly with Rafa holding his press conference tomorrow we will get a better idea on his overall physical condition and the reasons say he may not play RG this year, than relying on rumors and tweets from website's, journalists.Rafa may then give some indication if he is not playing RG, when he might return to the tour.