Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Please I will wait to I hear from Rafa like today, Rafa is at home, at present,not from some website, knowing Rafa he will not be looking when he will return to the tour, his main priority is getting himself 100% fit, BTW , that is not the only website now saying when he will return and what tournaments he could play? this is ' Pure Speculation" from these websites
There are plenty of people saying he will retire ASAP LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just hope that he plays Paris and kicks arse. I’d hate him to go down lamely in an early round, huffing and puffing and losing even more hair - but if that’s his fate, it won’t diminish him even an inch in my eyes…
I have not quite had the heart to reply here. I was so afraid that he'd bail on Rome. But I agree with you. If he's willing to play Roland Garros, he's giving himself a shot. I will hold out hope.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The biggest issue for me isnt whether he is match tough by Roland Garros, endurance comes with conditioning, matches, etc.

Rather is the hip healed enough to play at some point this year without major pain and discomfort?

If he's not playing because his body can’t get through practice sessions , well…

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The biggest issue for me isnt whether he is match tough by Roland Garros, endurance comes with conditioning, matches, etc.

Rather is the hip healed enough to play at some point this year without major pain and discomfort?

If he's not playing because his body can’t get through practice sessions , well…
The elephant in the room has been what this hip pain meant. I think we all believe he's going to have to have his knees replaced at some time in his future, (post-retirement,) but is this the hip going? I keep hoping he's skipping Rome to save himself for RG, as a precaution. But I do know that that's rather an optimistic take on it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie

Now I am hearing Rafa intends to play RG, again I will wait for confirmation from Rafa
BTW 'Rafa has said he has felt improvement in recent days' that was tweeted from Chris Cleary today
Remember, Rafa has started new treatment for his hip, as he was previously told it would heal in 6 to 8 weeks, so taking that all into account, and he has felt improvement in his hip, I am taking that as a positive.

Last edited:

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions

I don't know about everyone else, but I'd rather have a fully healthy Rafa in 2024, than a half baked Rafa in 2023. If missing the rest of 2023 leads to a resemblence of 2022 in 2024, then I'll gladly take that tradeoff. I'd rather watch a fully healthy Rafa end his career by contending in the AO, FO, and Olympics in 2024, than seeing a half baked Rafa enter the FO, Toronto, and US Open in 2023 and make early exits in each of them.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I do hope he's healthy enough for RG, as I was really looking forward to seeing Carlito show him his way and dethrone the old man.

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Jelenafan

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Q
I do hope he's healthy enough for RG, as I was really looking forward to seeing Carlito show him his way and dethrone the old man.

1683395563537.gif

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
With some luck, maybe we'll get to see them face twice at RG next year, with a healthy Rafa. I'll be rooting for a Carlito win at the FO, and a Rafa win at the Olympics.

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Lets wait and see if Rafa will play RG this year, I am not looking any further!
This injury has taken time to heal, the initial healing time was 6 to 8 weeks
It did not work, Rafa went to see his doctor recently and has started a new treatment plan, which he said yesterday he feels some improvement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Aww the self proclaimed almighty fair elo guy who claims to be very objective towards Nadal and an equal fan of the Big 3 somehow taking a jab at him. How surprising... :yawningface:

But that being said, don't be too disappointed cause you will get to see Carlito trash the old pusher Djokovic instead. I hope you will enjoy it just as much. :rose:

Last edited:

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Aww the self proclaimed almighty fair elo guy who claims to be very objective towards Nadal and an equal fan of the Big 3 somehow taking a jab at him. How surprising... :yawningface:

But that being said, don't be too disappointed cause you will get to see Carlito trash the old pusher Djokovic instead. I hope you will enjoy it just as much. :rose:

• Haha

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa showing up at Roland Garros this year:

Sorry, it is just fun to poke. Love y'all (well, most of you ;-)).

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa showing up at Roland Garros this year:

Sorry, it is just fun to poke. Love y'all (well, most of you ;-)).

Bro, if Nadal is healthy he will be super difficult to beat despite not having match play before RG, he has proven that it doesn't matter over and over. That being said unfortunately I don't think he will play.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie

Now I am hearing Rafa intends to play RG, again I will wait for confirmation from Rafa
BTW 'Rafa has said he has felt improvement in recent days' that was tweeted from Chris Cleary today
Remember, Rafa has started new treatment for his hip, as he was previously told it would heal in 6 to 8 weeks, so taking that all into account, and he has felt improvement in his hip, I am taking that as a positive.
Do you know how we (Rafa's fans ) are gonna suffer this Summer even if he plays RG. Every look, grimace , every change over or any little tweet about Rafa's health. Jim Currier's analysis and the other Rafa critic's takes are going to be unmerciful. Some of Us will have to take a break because we are like Rafa's unwanted children, we will fight with each other and form alliance with Former Fed Fans and the like. Trust me I Don't wish THIS on my WORST enemy. SMH2

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Do you know how we (Rafa's fans ) are gonna suffer this Summer even if he plays RG. Every look, grimace , every change over or any little tweet about Rafa's health. Jim Currier's analysis and the other Rafa critic's takes are going to be unmerciful. Some of Us will have to take a break because we are like Rafa's unwanted children, we will fight with each other and form alliance with Former Fed Fans and the like. Trust me I Don't wish THIS on my WORST enemy. SMH2
Yeah, I don't want to see a half baked Rafa play. It's going to be like the 2021 Citi Open all over again, and it wasn't like Rafa was playing well heading into the injury - he only won 2 matches after the US Open. If a half baked Rafa plays at the FO or Wimbledon, I'm afraid there's a high likelyhood he will lose early and suffer a long-term injury. He should just take his time to get fully healed. That strategy worked at the 2022 AO.