Both the ATP/WTA matches first round starts on May 10th
So hopefully we should hear if Rafa is playing or not, soon,

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At present the draw ceremony for Rome stated TBC
Both the ATP/WTA matches first round starts on May 10th
So hopefully we should hear if Rafa is playing or not, soon,
Thanks for that. I was curious if we knew when the draw would be. Maybe they're waiting to hear from Rafa. :lol6:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks for that. I was curious if we knew when the draw would be. Maybe they're waiting to hear from Rafa. :lol6:
Probably LOL! you know Rafa is slow at times :)
BTW I do know when the main draw for RG will be this year Thursday May 25

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Not good news,

Rafa just twitted he is out of Rome,

"I am very sorry to announce that I will not be able to be in Rome. You all know how much it hurts me to miss another one of the tournaments that have marked my professional and personal career for all the love and support of the Italian tifosi"

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Not good news,

"I am very sorry to announce that I will not be able to be in Rome. You all know how much it hurts me to miss another one of the tournaments that have marked my professional and personal career for all the love and support of the Italian tifosi"

Well, things are not looking good for RG… :cry:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Not good news,

• Sad
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I’m beginning to think Rafa shouldn’t even go. I’d hate to see him go out in the first or second round to someone he would normally beat easily. Plus, with his low ranking, he could theoretically run into a top seed very early. I’d rather remember him winning RG as the final memory of him in Paris vs. losing early, as happened to Federer at Wimbledon.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m beginning to think Rafa shouldn’t even go. I’d hate to see him go out in the first or second round to someone he would normally beat easily. Plus, with his low ranking, he could theoretically run into a top seed very early. I’d rather remember him winning RG as the final memory of him in Paris vs. losing early, as happened to Federer at Wimbledon.

But then again, who knows he can show up and win the whole thing... But I have a feeling that it will be Alcaraz' year, it will be hard for Nadal at this point in his career to physically hang with him... At this point part of me thinks that Nadal won't be back at all... :cry:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know what to say or think about it .I was almost 90 percent certain that he would play at Roma .

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know what to say or think about it .I was almost 90 percent certain that he would play at Roma .
Same here I was positive for Rome, especially after the messages from Toni, now I do not know what to think
It is apparent that Rafa is still not 100% comfortable about returning to the tour, I guess he knows his body the best, and wont return to the tour until he does.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I just hope that he plays Paris and kicks arse. I’d hate him to go down lamely in an early round, huffing and puffing and losing even more hair - but if that’s his fate, it won’t diminish him even an inch in my eyes…