Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
All I keep seeing is Rafa at his academy welcoming people into his museum
Yesterday he welcomed the Barcelona Basket Ball team lol!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Moxie,
Read the love from Messi to Rafa via twitter today:) after Rafa tweeted Messi deserves to win the Laureus Sportsman of the Year, 2023,

"That such a great sportsman like you put me on that leaves me speechless.Thank you so much @rafaelnadal, you too deserve everything for the way you compete every time you step on the court.You are a winner, we have a lot of competition there huh?.They all deserve@lauresport this year the truth!!!!!!!!

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa deserves the award more than all the athletes in the world past or present combined.:check-mark:

:approved

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
So I if I am reading the tea leaves correctly.. Rafa's reign in the top ten can be secured if Novak wins IW and Miami or everything he enters.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
So I if I am reading the tea leaves correctly.. Rafa's reign in the top ten can be secured if Novak wins IW and Miami or everything he enters.
At present Novak is not allowed to play at IW/Miami he has asked for a special pass, you still have to be vaccinated to enter the USA
BTW he also asked for the special pass last year with the laws the same, he was refused.

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At present Novak is not allowed to play at IW/Miami he has asked for a special pass, you still have to be vaccinated to enter the USA
BTW he also asked for the special pass last year with the laws the same, he was refused.

1677036962094.gif

:approved

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm thinking he would want a full month on the court practice so I assume he is taking it easy to ensure that he is 100 percent if possible before he returns
Seeing he withdrew from the exho match in Vegas on March 5 against Alcaraz, I would have thought by now we would know by now if he is withdrawing/playing IW

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I really wish we could peak inside the Nadal's team camp to see what their short term strategy is for the next few years..I know Novak's is Butxh Cassidy's plan for their American and Latin American bounty hunters, just Outlast the bastards..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I really wish we could peak inside the Nadal's team camp to see what their short term strategy is for the next few years..I know Novak's is Butxh Cassidy's plan for their American and Latin American bounty hunters, just Outlast the bastards..

Actually I read yesterday Alcaraz loves to play chess.

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions

I think Rafa is going to retire following the 2024 Olympics. This is how I see Rafa's remaining career playing out:

Play clay court season and French Open
skip Wimbledon
Play US Open series and US Open

Play Australian Open
Play IW and/or Miami
skip Wimbledon
Play singles in Paris Olympics

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Rafa is going to retire following the 2024 Olympics. This is how I see Rafa's remaining career playing out:

skip Wimbledon
Play US Open series and US Open

Play Australian Open
Play IW and/or Miami
skip Wimbledon
Play singles in Paris Olympics
One thing I can't agree with is Rafa never playing Wimbledon again before he retires. I find that unlikely, though I see your point about skipping it to save himself for Olympics on clay in Paris. Your reasoning is sound, but I'd still be surprised if he chose never to play W again.

Reactions: Jelenafan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here's a point about Rafa and dropping out of the Top 10: Either of Medvedev or Felix could push him down one slot in the rankings this coming week by winning Doha. They are playing each other now, so it can't be both. Then they both play Dubai next week. I do think it will happen (that he falls out of the top 10) if/when he skips both IW and Miami.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa entered the top 10 on April 25 of 2005, jumping from #11 to #7 after winning Barcelona, his fourth title in his last six events. To put that in context, Andre Agassi was #8, George W Bush had just started his second term, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was 15 years old.

Reactions: Moxie

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa entered the top 10 on April 25 of 2005, jumping from #11 to #7 after winning Barcelona, his fourth title in his last six events. To put that in context, Andre Agassi was #8, George W Bush had just started his second term, and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was 15 years old.
and IPhone didn't even exist.

Reactions: Moxie