Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks for that. I certainly don't want Rafa to come back before time for the sake of this particular streak. It's still a record, by rather a lot. But you're saying that with some help, he might stay in the top 10, even if he doesn't come back by Miami?
I dont want Rafa to rush back under any circumstances, this is a bad tear in his hip flexor, I dont think many understand this, if he has to wait after IW and Miami, which he normally dosent play so be it.

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Due to my calculations and after the mens SF match at the AO and/ or Novak or The Young Greek winning the final
Rafa will be ranked No 6 when the new rankings come out on Monday 30th January.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Due to my calculations and after the mens SF match at the AO and/ or Novak or The Young Greek winning the final
Rafa will be ranked No 6 when the new rankings come out on Monday 30th January.
That much we already know based on the live rankings I posted on the previous page. The question is what happens between now and April.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That much we already know based on the live rankings I posted on the previous page. The question is what happens between now and April.
Okay thanks, I should have paid more attention. Well Rafa is having another scan in 3 weeks, so that will give us a clearer picture, when he will return to the tour, Doha and Dubai are out of the question, IW could still be plausible.
In saying that Rafa is still on the entry lists for Doha and Dubai, I just dont want him to rush back under any circumstances.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie and tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Shawn, I will begin a go fund me for Tanya Harding to got to IW if Rafa does so foolishly try to play on the hardcourts..
Actually Felix is having a training block at Rafa's academy, Rafa showed Felix and his team around his academy today.Showing off his trophy cabinets etc.at his museum
Rafa should be having another MRI on his hip shortly, we will see if that shows when he will return to the tour and/or his rehab and how long it will take.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Actually Felix is having a training block at Rafa's academy, Rafa showed Felix and his team around his academy today.Showing off his trophy cabinets etc.at his museum
Rafa should be having another MRI on his hip shortly, we will see if that shows when he will return to the tour and/or his rehab and how long it will take.
Do you mean Craig Tiley won’t be tweeting the results?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good. I’m glad he’s not jumping right back into things. I wonder when he’ll make a decision about IW?
Agree, I am glad he has withdrawn from both events, still waiting for news on his latest MRI scan, should be this week, hopefully, then we will get a clearer indication of his return.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa fans per his injuries are like residents of Buffalo, NY. They know its going to snow, the question is how much. :unsure:

I dunno, no shocker Dubai & Doha are out because that was a given. One would think his team wouldn't jeopardize the clay court season/French Open by rushing IW in, but it depends how hip responds to rehab/therapy.

Interesting fact:
After the French Open, doesn’t Rafa have practically zero computer points to defend for the next 9 months?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Any thoughts on this

I am not surprised that Rafa withdrew from Doha and Dubai, still waiting for any news on his current MRI, which he should be having around now, I have seen pics of him in the gym, so that is good news, also I remembered he is doing a exhibition match against Carlos Alcaraz on March 5 at MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, tickets are on sale, lets see if he goes ahead with that exhibition match

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa fans per his injuries are like residents of Buffalo, NY. They know its going to snow, the question is how much. :unsure:

I dunno, no shocker Dubai & Doha are out because that was a given. One would think his team wouldn't jeopardize the clay court season/French Open by rushing IW in, but it depends how hip responds to rehab/therapy.

Interesting fact:
After the French Open, doesn’t Rafa have practically zero computer points to defend for the next 9 months?
Yep, the only notable points Rafa has to defend after the FO is the R16 from the US Open. That said, the chances are high that Rafa is going to skip at least one of Wimbledon or the US Open. At this point, I think Rafa's main priority is to win the singles gold at the 2024 Paris Olympics and complete the career double golden slam. The BO3 at the Olympics should help a 38-year-old Nadal.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
As I posted yesterday Rafa was to play an exhibition match against Alcaraz in Las Vegas on March 5
Nadal has withdrawn from that exhibition match. Alcaraz will now play the winner of Fritz and Tiafoe
I have to think Rafa will also withdraw from IW, though at present he is still in the draw
This is Rafa's statement on his withdrawal from the exhibition match,
"I am very sad for not being able to come to Las Vegas and play in this amazing event with Carlos at the MGM Grand Garden Area.
Unfortunately, the timing of my recovery does not make it possible to be there ready to play"

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I am not surprised that Rafa withdrew from Doha and Dubai, still waiting for any news on his current MRI, which he should be having around now, I have seen pics of him in the gym, so that is good news, also I remembered he is doing a exhibition match against Carlos Alcaraz on March 5 at MGM Grand Garden Arena, Las Vegas, tickets are on sale, lets see if he goes ahead with that exhibition match
Hopefully he will begin training in two weeks on the clay and prepare for MC

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Carlos Alcaraz with a message to Rafa Nadal after he withdrew from their exhibition match in Las Vegas

" Considering the recent devleopments of MGMRewards The Slam, I'd like to wish Rafa Nadal a swift recovery and that he'll soon return to the court stronger than ever" ...........( another reason I respect this young man )

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just watching Sinner v. Medvedev final, and the commentator says that, if Sinner wins today, and Rafa doesn't come back before Monte Carlo, that will end his run in the top 10 (currently at 908 weeks.)