Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I haven't seen that one, I cant comment sorry.,usually there is a time line on the video's or even a caption saying where it was etc
Though I have seen Rafa today in the gym in a pink tee shirt posing with a young fan :) probably a youngster doing a training block at his academy

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal has withdrawn from Indian Wells as expected, due to the fact he hasnt fully recovered from his hip injury.
Rafa has started to practice again on clay ( yesterday at his academy, )which is a promising sign.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal has just posted this message via Twitter,

'It's been a while since I don't communicate with you.Took my time off, started rehab, gym, and physiotherapy as instructed by the doctors. Getting ready to come back in best conditions".

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is very chatty today another Twitter post,

"I am sad that I won't be able to play and compete at IW or Miami.Very sad not to be there. I'll miss all my US fans but I hope to see them later this year during the Summer swing'.

Actually just saw a video of Rafa in the gym, he is using the hip abductor machine, I also use this machine when I go to the gym, I have also had hip abductor injury awhile ago,it does strengthen the area, I can confirm that.

Reactions: Moxie

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is very chatty today another Twitter post,

"I am sad that I won't be able to play and compete at IW or Miami.Very sad not to be there. I'll miss all my US fans but I hope to see them later this year during the Summer swing'.

Actually just saw a video of Rafa in the gym, he is using the hip abductor machine, I also use this machine when I go to the gym, I have also had hip abductor injury awhile ago,it does strengthen the area, I can confirm that.
Rafa hasn’t been himself since he withdrew from Wimbledon. There’s a clearheaded scenario here that says he’s reading the last few paragraphs of the book. I don’t think he’s going to be hugely competitive this year at all. That seems negative, I know, but he’s 37 in a while and has played exactly 13 matches since the 6th July of last year - losing 8 of them…

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa hasn’t been himself since he withdrew from Wimbledon. There’s a clearheaded scenario here that says he’s reading the last few paragraphs of the book. I don’t think he’s going to be hugely competitive this year at all. That seems negative, I know, but he’s 37 in a while and has played exactly 13 matches since the 6th July of last year - losing 8 of them…
Agree he hasnt been himself since he had to withdraw from Wimbledon, due to another injury, I think the clay season will show us if he is able to be competitive, both physically and mentally.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Agree he hasnt been himself since he had to withdraw from Wimbledon, due to another injury, I think the clay season will show us if he is able to be competitive, both physically and mentally.
That’s it, and it’s now 8 months since he was match fit. When will he be back on court? And what condition will he be in? Most likely he won’t return until April. That’s 13 matches in over 9 months. Then we expect he’s going to rev the engine on clay and be able to rise above the field? Can’t see it, personally speaking…

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s it, and it’s now 8 months since he was match fit. When will he be back on court? And what condition will he be in? Most likely he won’t return until April. That’s 13 matches in over 9 months. Then we expect he’s going to rev the engine on clay and be able to rise above the field? Can’t see it, personally speaking…
Rafa is entered to play MC which begins April 8th, I dont think we can expect him to suddenly 'fire up' and find his clay legs at the start of the clay season, I expect he will play Barcelona, I hope he dosent play Madrid, then Rome before RG all going well, last year he didnt have a good clay preparation for RG, though when he gets to RG he seems like a different player, I know that was last year, still all we can do is wait to see what unfolds in the clay season., though I see your point of view

Reactions: Kieran

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Depends upon what you're hoping for. If you're hoping to see him have a vintage Rafa clay season in which he wins four or five titles, that seems unlikely. But if you're hoping that he plays himself into form so he's "Slam ready" by Roland Garros, I think that is more possible. I'm guessing that Rafa and his team are primary concerned with Roland Garros this year, and see the rest of the season as mostly being about preparation.

By the way, here's the number of clay titles won by Rafa each year, starting with 2004 and ending with 2022; bold are years he won RG:

1, 8, 4, 5, 4, 3, 4, 3, 4, 6, 3, 2, 2, 4, 4, 2, 1, 2, 1

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Depends upon what you're hoping for. If you're hoping to see him have a vintage Rafa clay season in which he wins four or five titles, that seems unlikely. But if you're hoping that he plays himself into form so he's "Slam ready" by Roland Garros, I think that is more possible. I'm guessing that Rafa and his team are primary concerned with Roland Garros this year, and see the rest of the season as mostly being about preparation.

By the way, here's the number of clay titles won by Rafa each year, starting with 2004 and ending with 2022; bold are years he won RG:

It wont be a Rafa Vintage clay season by any means, hopefully he can play himself into form for RG, I feel that has been the plan by his team for the last couple of years quite frankly going on results before RG

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
It wont be a Rafa Vintage clay season by any means, hopefully he can play himself into form for RG, I feel that has been the plan by his team for the last couple of years quite frankly going on results before RG
That certainly fits the numbers above, with 2018 being the last truly dominant season with 4 clay titles, though 2019 was pretty dominant as he won RG and a Masters.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

I think you’re right, brother. He’s going to play on clay and should be fit by then. Looking at them stats, he’s been extraordinary. Two seasons of the last 3 he’s only won RG? That’s remarkable given that he dispatched Novak both times. His ability to turn it on in Paris is the great heroic stand in modern tennis. He gets very jealous there, so there’s always hope.

I remember when Pete was falling out of love with the game, the blurb was that he could turn up at Wimbledon every year until he’s forty and still have a chance. Especially with his undeniable serve. I was sceptical then, and I’m sceptical now, even though Rafa is almost always able to find a way. The end in tennis - like for any King - can be both swift and bloody…

Reactions: Fiero425