Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Happy to announce Rafa has arrived in my city of Sydney and has had a media conference with his fellow team mates, at Homebush. Sydney, where the Spanish team will play in the United Cup, and he looks happy and relaxed considering the amount of time it takes to arrive in Sydney from Spain. Journalist's asking if he will play mixed doubles with Paula Badosa who was also present, apparently we are the 'dream team' according to Rafa smiling. lol!.....Rafa has had his first practice on Ken Rosewall Stadium
Rafa was asked .....Could this be your last time playing in Australia?

Rafa.."..Hopefully not. When you are 36 years old, you never know when it's going to be the last one. I am just happy doing what I am doing and I'm looking forward to keep doing it" # United Cup.
Thanks Margaret, regardless of what Kelli and Moxie say about you, your updates are da bomb.. jajaja just kidding. what do you think Novak is going to be seeded for the GS tournament..?

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Thanks Margaret, regardless of what Kelli and Moxie say about you, your updates are da bomb.. jajaja just kidding. what do you think Novak is going to be seeded for the GS tournament..?
LOL! Novak is playing in Adelaide 1 ATP 250 tournament next week, so are Medvedev, FAA,Rublev, Sinner and Rune, more like a ATP500 tournament if you ask me, the winner will get 250 ranking points, at present he is on 4, 820 pts in 5th place, even if he wins he will that will make him 5,070 he will still be behind The Young Greek who is playing United Cup for Greece, presently in 4th place at 5,550 points.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
LOL! Novak is playing in Adelaide 1 ATP 250 tournament next week, so are Medvedev, FAA,Rublev, Sinner and Rune, more like a ATP500 tournament if you ask me, the winner will get 250 ranking points, at present he is on 4, 820 pts in 5th place, even if he wins he will that will make him 5,070 he will still be behind The Young Greek who is playing United Cup for Greece, presently in 4th place at 5,550 points.
My AO early prediction Rafa vs Tsitispas, Novak vs Medvedev

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

"The first event I play like a father without the baby with me, I lost first round. Second event, traveling with the baby, I was out of the group stage. At the end I won my last match, but I need to keep improving, no?" Nadal said.
It’s the kid’s fault ! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425 and tented

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Watched Rafa practicing today at Homebush and Mery was there with his son Raphael watching on courtside
First glimpse of Rafa's son, though Mery was holding him, where I could not see his face.What my sources have told me, Rafa and his wife have brought a nanny with them to help out, which makes sense.Rafa was practicing with Zverev.
Rafa has always been protective of his private life, soo I don't expect to see his son's face any time soon :)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
From a terrific series of quotes from throughout the last season. This one is from Rafa Nadal ( via tennismajors.com)

"Well for sure is a surprise" he said. "If it dosen't surprise you (to) win 14 Roland Garos or 22 Grand Slam, is because you are super arrogant.Honestly no, I am not that kind of guy. I never even dream about achieving the things that I achieved. Honestly, no.I never considered myself that good.
"So I am just honestly going step by step, practice, and always with a clear goal to improve something in my game.
" That's my mindset all during my tennis career go on court and every practice with the goal to improve something in my game.I don't understand the sport any other way".

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay Miss Margaret when is the next time we will see the current AO champion Rafael Nadal on the tennis courts. He needs some warm up tournaments

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay Miss Margaret when is the next time we will see the current AO champion Rafael Nadal on the tennis courts. He needs some warm up tournaments
Rafa has arrived at Melbourne Park today being Thursday and will be practicing against FAA on Rod Laver at 11.45am which is now
As far as I know Rafa wont be playing any more warm up tournaments, I will post if that changes

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has arrived at Melbourne Park today being Thursday and will be practicing against FAA on Rod Laver at 11.45am which is now
As far as I know Rafa wont be playing any more warm up tournaments, I will post if that changes
I think he's is making the right decision . He is going to be going home Very soon if he doesn't begin the ball deeper. Rafa prepared perfectly last year. If it ain't broke don't tinker with. Y'all know I had a more vulgar euphemism to use other than tinker but this is the Disney forum.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think he's is making the right decision . He is going to be going home Very soon if he doesn't begin the ball deeper. Rafa prepared perfectly last year. If it ain't broke don't tinker with. Y'all know I had a more vulgar euphemism to use other than tinker but this is the Disney forum.
Reading his press, Rafa didnt seem too worried with the results at the United Cup, he knows what he has to do, and the AO dosent start till January 16th, so he has time to sort out the crinks and dinks in his game :)
Saw pictures of his new coach Gustovo, in his practice on RLA

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Is it me but why does it appears that Novak and previously Roger makes such wise choices with their schedule whereas Rafa's team seems to flip a coin. Maybe it's just me but I don't like his scheduling and decisions making.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Is it me but why does it appears that Novak and previously Roger makes such wise choices with their schedule whereas Rafa's team seems to flip a coin. Maybe it's just me but I don't like his scheduling and decisions making.
At times I have felt Rafa and his team have made bad scheduling decisions, but at the end of the day, it is Rafa's decision, he is the one to call the shots, unless there is an injury concern, then I feel he has to listen to the advice of his doctor., like this year, he played on with his ab injury at Wimbledon, when he should not, and injured it again at the USO.,personally I dont know what he was thinking, anyway that was his decision.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
At times I have felt Rafa and his team have made bad scheduling decisions, but at the end of the day, it is Rafa's decision, he is the one to call the shots, unless there is an injury concern, then I feel he has to listen to the advice of his doctor., like this year, he played on with his ab injury when he should not, and injured it again at the USO.,personally I dont know what he was thinking, anyway that was his decision.
Rafa's decisions has probably cost him quite a few grand slam appearances IMO..a weekend warrior such as myself yes to make poor judgements but not one of the greatest athletes ever to walk on this planet. SMH2

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's decisions has probably cost him quite a few grand slam appearances IMO..a weekend warrior such as myself yes to make poor judgements but not one of the greatest athletes ever to walk on this planet. SMH2
Rafa is human, so I guess even if he has made bad choices over the years, I will give him a pass, quite frankly at age 36 I didnt expect him to still be playing, so I guess as Rafa fans we can count our blessings that he is still competing and playing

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
When NFL players are asked about sitting out games, such as after having clinched a division, etc, many object saying that if healthy, they can't live "in fear of injury" and would prefer to play.

Rafa as defending USO champion could not play in 2020 (scheduling was too close to the FO) and he was injured for 2021, so Losing two years to not playing his best HC Major (4 time winner) AND having to withdraw from the Wimbledon SF's had to be brutal for Rafa, so I get it why he wanted to give the 2022 USO a go. He had a legit shot at YE #1 so while he protests he doesn't care for the ranking, again I can see why he tried to rehab to play again in Paris/Torino.

It's so hard for him, the clock is ticking (I just can't see him playing beyond 2024) so if he's somewhat healthy Rafa It seems is willing to give a go. The next major injury may finally derail him but I think he's made his peace with that.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
When NFL players are asked about sitting out games, such as after having clinched a division, etc, many object saying that if healthy, they can't live "in fear of injury" and would prefer to play.

Rafa as defending USO champion could not play in 2020 (scheduling was too close to the FO) and he was injured for 2021, so Losing two years to not playing his best HC Major (4 time winner) AND having to withdraw from the Wimbledon SF's had to be brutal for Rafa, so I get it why he wanted to give the 2022 USO a go. He had a legit shot at YE #1 so while he protests he doesn't care for the ranking, again I can see why he tried to rehab to play again in Paris/Torino.

It's so hard for him, the clock is ticking (I just can't see him playing beyond 2024) so if he's somewhat healthy Rafa It seems is willing to give a go. The next major injury may finally derail him but I think he's made his peace with that.
Yeah, he’s had a tough time since that Wimbledon QF. He’s only played about 12 matches, and lost about 9 of them. But yeah, basically he’s in the happy position of having pulled a shift. He can retire any time and his reputation is secure..

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425