Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I think he will take his team into the war room and realize that he can ONLY play 15 or less tournaments even though he may be healthy. The Slams and preservation of his body is Primary.
I think anything else is gravy, brother. 36 is old, I’m kind of happy with what we’ve got, it’s been incredible, but I’ve been ready for the end a long time.

Don’t get me wrong, he has a chance again in Australia, Paris, anywhere he’s fit, but it’s like, not in the same way I’d have said that at the start of this year, or last year, and as time continues to wear him down, his chances grow less…

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
If anything, Rafa should be extra motivated for Australia now, him winning with Novax in the draw would certainly shut up all the idiotic Novax fans who try to discredit his victory this year. Be careful what you wish for certain Novax fans as you will have no embarrassing * excuses if Rafa wins again next year :popcorn

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is confirmed to play tomorrow (Thursday) against Ruud, ( as there were some rumors floating he might not play).
There's 200 ranking points on the line, and a chance to end the season with a much needed win.Rafa says he needs matches against the top players, in order to get his form back and this is another opportunity.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If anything, Rafa should be extra motivated for Australia now, him winning with Novax in the draw would certainly shut up all the idiotic Novax fans who try to discredit his victory this year. Be careful what you wish for certain Novax fans as you will have no embarrassing * excuses if Rafa wins again next year :popcorn

Exactly... Also Djokovic and his fans need to first worry about the Vesleys of the world, as well as FAA, Alcaraz, Rune and plenty of other players who have beaten the crap out of Djokovic recently, before worrying about the Greatest Player of All-Time as well as one of the Greatest Humans of All-Time, the slam record holder and Olympics legend, the ever so incredible, Rafael Nadal Parera. :rose:

:approved

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is confirmed to play tomorrow (Thursday) against Ruud, ( as there were some rumors floating he might not play).
There's 200 ranking points on the line, and a chance to end the season with a much needed win.Rafa says he needs matches against the top players, in order to get his form back and this is another opportunity.
I would be interested in hearing what Moya and Toni Nadal's coaching analysis of Rafa's present match play and projections for 2023.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa after defeating Rudd today,

"I will try to start 2023 with the right energy, and try to reach the level that I want to be at from the start. I am excited about it"..

Rafa ends 2022 with a 39-8 tour level record.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,
If you are around I found this translation ( from Spanish to English) from Moya on Rafa's last match at the ATP finals and improvement going forward in 2023,

"This match is a test, he was eliminated nothing was at stake and yesterday, training, he already gave it his all.Today he has gone to the maximum in mentality.That is what has led him to achieve everything he has achieved and with that he will continue until the day he retires, without a doubt, and I am sure that he will give everything to get to Australia as well as possible.

Improvements,

Rafa is constantly evolving.Young kids are coming.To win a point you have to work hard and he's going to improve his serve and being more aggressive, improve his receive.There are still things to improve and we will always be there.Rafa is very open to giving everything to try to improve those things.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,
If you are around I found this translation ( from Spanish to English) from Moya on Rafa's last match at the ATP finals and improvement going forward in 2023,

"This match is a test, he was eliminated nothing was at stake and yesterday, training, he already gave it his all.Today he has gone to the maximum in mentality.That is what has led him to achieve everything he has achieved and with that he will continue until the day he retires, without a doubt, and I am sure that he will give everything to get to Australia as well as possible.

Improvements,

Rafa is constantly evolving.Young kids are coming.To win a point you have to work hard and he's going to improve his serve and being more aggressive, improve his receive.There are still things to improve and we will always be there.Rafa is very open to giving everything to try to improve those things.
Thanks Miss Margaret you're da best regardless of what sis Moxie or Kelli says

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not sure what these numbers are, so let me know.

But I looked this up yesterday:

Nadal: 22 Major wins in 66 appearances (313-42)
Djokovic: 21 Major wins in 68 appearance (334-47)
Federer: 20 Major wins in 81 appearances (369-60)
3 head GOAT. thanks Moxie.. I think you are the unbiased version of El Dude

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
After reading many journalists comments after Rafa left the ATP finals, and saying his days of playing are numbered?
Rafa will play until he feels he cannot compete at his level, he has said that many times in his career.
I dont think he will wake up one and say ' I dont want to practice' and called it quits.That is not in his DNA.
I have followed Rafa since he came on the tour in 2005, and have had the pleasure of watching him live at many tournaments world wide.Rafa has always said he enjoys practicing because he learns new things everyday. I have witnessed him at practice sessions before he plays and he just relishes it, though I am glad to say he has toned down his practice sessions.
I know at age 36 his best days are probably behind him in ways, though in saying that I am surprised and delighted he is still playing, to me he is the 'best competitor in men's tennis, having watched the game for over 40 years:) ( gee I suddenly feel like a dinosaur)
Rafa will know when to retire, I personally feel he will listen to his body, when it whispers to Rafa....Lets Go Fishing Permanenlty!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
3 head GOAT. thanks Moxie.. I think you are the unbiased version of El Dude
Thanks! For the record, El Dude thinks HE'S the unbiased version of El Dude, and I'm a completely partisan pain in his backside. And so it goes, in the circle of life, here on the Frontier. :lulz1::popcorn

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not sure what these numbers are, so let me know.

But I looked this up yesterday:

Nadal: 22 Major wins in 66 appearances (313-42)
Djokovic: 21 Major wins in 68 appearance (334-47)
Federer: 20 Major wins in 81 appearances (369-60)

These were Nadal’s match record this year in slams (22-1) and outside slams (17-7) for a total of 39-8 overall this year.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
These were Nadal’s match record this year in slams (22-1) and outside slams (17-7) for a total of 39-8 overall this year.
Unknown.jpeg

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa and his uncle Miguel are playing in the Absolute Doubles Balearic championships at T Golf Palma this weekend., before Rafa embarks on his exho tour of South America

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa doing this exo tour is the type of thing that has left me follicly challenged….
I hear ya, OTOH Rafa playing tiddlywinks exhibs shows his body feels OK and is in sharp contrast with last winter when there was doubt he would even play again competitively.

Another cool stat, sometime in December Rafa will extend his record consecutive weeks ranked in the top ten to 900 weeks & counting.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I forgot to mention,

Besides chatting on the visit to Quito, the World Cup, Rafa has mentioned a couple of things,

So far the baby's behaving well and allows them to sleep
Rafa's changing diapers and giving bottles
Rafa's enjoying this new experience.

Reactions: Moxie