Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is having a morning practice session with Matteo Berrettini at Cinncy from 10.am to 12.30pm
Rafa will have a practice session with his team from 5.00pm - 6.30pm
Rafa will not have a late practice session with his team today in Cinncy, he really had a good work out practice session with Matteo in the morning.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Today Rafa will be practicing with Alex Molcan from 10am till 12pm
In the evening with his team 7.00pm till 8pm.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play the winner of Coric or Mussetti in his first round match on Wednesday night in Cinncy

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With this loss, Nadal will either be the #2, 3 or 4th seed at the US Open depending on Alcaraz’s results and Zverev decision at the US Open.

The best case scenario for Nadal will be to be ahead of Alcaraz in terms of seeding at the US Open. If Nadal is behind Alcaraz, then there’s a POTENTIAL that he could face Alcaraz and Medvedev in B2B matches. And as much I trust Nadal and his greatness, he is 36yo and he needs to have his body fresh as possible going into the final especially it is a HC (and not Clay).

If he is ahead of Alcaraz at the US Open, then there’s a POTENTIAL that Alcaraz could land in Medvedev’s half, thus Nadal avoiding both of them until the final.

I will definitely look closely on Alcaraz this week.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
With this loss, Nadal will either be the #2, 3 or 4th seed at the US Open depending on Alcaraz’s results and Zverev decision at the US Open.

The best case scenario for Nadal will be to be ahead of Alcaraz in terms of seeding at the US Open. If Nadal is behind Alcaraz, then there’s a POTENTIAL that he could face Alcaraz and Medvedev in B2B matches. And as much I trust Nadal and his greatness, he is 36yo and he needs to have his body fresh as possible going into the final especially it is a HC (and not Clay).

If he is ahead of Alcaraz at the US Open, then there’s a POTENTIAL that Alcaraz could land in Medvedev’s half, thus Nadal avoiding both of them until the final.

I will definitely look closely on Alcaraz this week.

The most important thing for Rafa at the USO is to have some easy first couple of round opponents in order to get through his rustiness. If he does survive the early rounds then I'm not worried about the SF, F, because by then he would have found his grove and become the favorite against anyone.

Reactions: Andy22

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
BTW Rafa is still using the courts at Cinncy for practice.He had a 2 hour practice this morning, the court was packed with fans

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa has arrived in NYC and presently is practicing on center court.Carlos Moya is there with Rafa on court

Last edited:
Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Coric won Cincinnati and Nadal gave Coric the best match of the tournament despite being rusty. I'm confident for the USO!

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Coric won Cincinnati and Nadal gave Coric the best match of the tournament despite being rusty. I'm confident for the USO!
Unfortunately that's not how it works. Cilic mangled Coric at Montreal, lost early in Cincinnati and then Coric won the title. If it was that easy to predict then any betting punters would be millionaires.

Reactions: atttomole

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For me personally Rafa winning 14 GS titles at Roland Garos will always be my No 1 pick it is probably the best sports record!
I agree this one will be the hardest to break. They also mention he's 14-0 in finals at Roland Garros. As everyone seems to mention anymore, esp. some of the youngsters, in awe, you have to even PLAY a Major at least 14 times to win it that many. At this point, no man or woman is even close. While careers are getting longer, that is only the first requirement. And while some player may one day get to 14 or 15 at one single Major, what are the chances it's at the French? Point being, unless it's at the French, it's still a record. It might happen that someday another man wins 15 time at the French Open, but I doubt I'll live to see it. And I have great longevity in my family. ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Unfortunately that's not how it works. Cilic mangled Coric at Montreal, lost early in Cincinnati and then Coric won the title. If it was that easy to predict then any betting punters would be millionaires.
Still, it does take the sting out of that loss that Coric was suddenly coming so good. And I think it DOES mean something that Nadal, rusty as he was, gave Coric his biggest challenge on the way to the title. However, I will be hoping for Coric to be on the other half of the USO draw, thank you very much.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Still, it does take the sting out of that loss that Coric was suddenly coming so good. And I think it DOES mean something that Nadal, rusty as he was, gave Coric his biggest challenge on the way to the title. However, I will be hoping for Coric to be on the other half of the USO draw, thank you very much.
While I agree with you also, I would hope/prefer to have Alcaraz on Medvedev's half. I don't want Nadal to run a lot on the last Friday of the USO.