Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have been watching him serve the last couple of days and he has been going for his serves, also Moya and Lopez have been videoing his serve, and after the practice have been going over it with Rafa.I do not think Rafa or his team would go to Cinncy if his abs were still a problem.
The only worry I have is hopefully his abs doesn’t flare up during Cincy or US Open

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm with you both. I hate pushing the abs issues. I almost wish he would go to the USO with no tune up. I know he doesn't love that idea.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm with you both. I hate pushing the abs issues. I almost wish he would go to the USO with no tune up. I know he doesn't love that idea.
When I think of Cinncy tournament, my mind goes back to 2013, when Rafa won both Canada and Cinncy then went onto win the USO :)

Reactions: Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He probably treat Cincy like Madrid. Will try to play 2 to 3 matches and hopefully no injuries occur and just lose cleanly (no injuries!).

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Look, the abs , like the ribs, like the knees, like the foot, etc are just part and parcel of Rafa's career story.

They can go off at anytime but the Cincy entry means he feels healthy NOW. I will take it.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa having a practice session at present with Holger Rune in Cinncy ( watching via video on twitter, as well as watching womens QF match)
Rafa winning the practice set 6-3

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know if anyone already said this on the rankings thread, but if Rafa should win Cincy, and Medevev fails to make the QFs, Rafa would get back to #1. Not that I'm counting on that, but interesting to note.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know if anyone already said this on the rankings thread, but if Rafa should win Cincy, and Medevev fails to make the QFs, Rafa would get back to #1. Not that I'm counting on that, but interesting to note.

I think Rafanoy has already posted that news

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is in his 2nd practice of the day at Cinncy, trying to see who his opponent is ?:)

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa's potential draw for Cinncy,

First Rd Bye
R2 Coric/Qualifer
R3 Bautista Agut
QF FAA/Sinner
SF Alcaraz/Ruud
F. Medvedev

Difficult draw, but the most important thing is that he is healthy and that he can peak at the USO.

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Difficult draw, but the most important thing is that he is healthy and that he can peak at the USO.
It would be good for him to be tested, FAA is a tough player for Rafa. But at the same time I would be happy with a lot of early upsets similar to Canada & hopefully an easy week for Rafa!

Reactions: Nadalfan2013