Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Great news it means Nadal not rushing his Comeback this time and he still has the chance to play Cincinnati.
Who knows what with Nadal although Montreal or Cincy is not the Goal.. he won RG without much match play..who knows maybe he can pull it off again

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
When I was watching Rafa practice his serves the other day, he did not go full throttle, so I am not surprised he has decided not to play Montreal, which I feel at this stage is a wise decision.In saying that Rafa could have had the chance to equal Ivan Lendl's record of 6 titles in Canada, though being 100% fit is more important
The latest I am reading he hopes to be ready to compete in Cinncinati

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He can win the US Open but the abdominal strain muscle is Always concerning! How's can Rafa let loose and rip into a serve. Here's my two cents worth. The 4 serves , the kick, the spin, the slice and the flat serve, all which Rafa can hit very good but not enough for him to win free points with a jaded stomach. The serves that are the hardest is the flat ( lowest margin probability) and the kick because it has to hit and move away from the body. These are the serves that win the free points. However, the kick serve required the most strain on the abdominal and lower oblique muscle. If Rafa can't win free points on his serves, he will have to grind 90 percent of his points to win a match which takes a toll on the body as well as the mind .The unknown is how stable is Rafa's stomach muscles..
I think I was spot on about this a few weeks ago..I wished I wasn't.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal has exactly one week before he plays his first HC match since IW. Also, with Zverev not playing Cincy, Nadal will be seeded #2 at US Open IF he reaches QF of Cincy AND Alcaraz does not win Cincy.

A lot of seeding stakes at the US Open on the line at Cincy next week.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal has exactly one week before he plays his first HC match since IW. Also, with Zverev not playing Cincy, Nadal will be seeded #2 at US Open IF he reaches QF of Cincy AND Alcaraz does not win Cincy.

A lot of seeding stakes at the US Open on the line at Cincy next week.
With Medvedev losing today, Rafael Nadal has the chance to become no.1 again BEFORE the US Open begins:

If Nadal wins Cincy plus Medvedev doesn’t reach Cincy QF, then Nadal will be back at the top of the rankings on August 22nd.

• Love
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
With Medvedev losing today, Rafael Nadal has the chance to become no.1 again BEFORE the US Open begins:

If Nadal wins Cincy plus Medvedev doesn’t reach Cincy QF, then Nadal will be back at the top of the rankings on August 22nd.
Not bad for an old boy at age 36 :)

Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here's something I just noticed, and I don't think it's wildly out of line. The sponsors do put number of majors on the shoes, etc. But I was revisiting the Nadal d. Djokovic at USO 2013, (just because.) And I noticed this on Nadal's shirt:

There is also an X buried in the gray on gray in the front of Nadal's shirt. On the back, XIII = 13, and it was Rafa's 13th Major win, when he beat Djokovic. Yes, there are 16 dots on the back, but what else explains such an odd pattern, if 13 isn't buried in it? OK, maybe I'm crazy, but let's see what Nike comes up with for this next USO. :)

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 9.58.22 PM.png

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here's something I just noticed, and I don't think it's wildly out of line. The sponsors do put number of majors on the shoes, etc. But I was revisiting the Nadal d. Djokovic at USO 2013, (just because.) And I noticed this on Nadal's shirt:

There is also an X buried in the gray on gray in the front of Nadal's shirt. On the back, XIII = 13, and it was Rafa's 13th Major win, when he beat Djokovic. Yes, there are 16 dots on the back, but what else explains such an odd pattern, if 13 isn't buried in it? OK, maybe I'm crazy, but let's see what Nike comes up with for this next USO. :)

View attachment 6946

This will be his official US Open 2022 kit. Disappointed because Burgandy is not a good lock especially at the night session of a US Open!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

This will be his official US Open 2022 kit. Disappointed because Burgandy is not a good lock especially at the night session of a US Open!

I don't know if burgundy is a good look or good luck for him....he's rarely worn it. Though I agree with Margaret that black and grey are good colors for him in NYC. (As they are for us all. We tend to the dark and monochrome here.) But note the V on the front. Roman numeral 5, for his fifth USO win. Quietly buried in the kit. I like it. Also V for Victory. It worked for #13. :) I'm interested to see the back.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know if burgundy is a good look or good luck for him....he's rarely worn it. Though I agree with Margaret that black and grey are good colors for him in NYC. (As they are for us all. We tend to the dark and monochrome here.) But note the V on the front. Roman numeral 5, for his fifth USO win. Quietly buried in the kit. I like it. Also V for Victory. It worked for #13. :) I'm interested to see the back.
To be fair Moxie, the V sign is in the kit since the Clay season, so you are definitely reaching a little bit (Don’t worry, I am just teasing you as usual!).

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

At Cincy, he will wear light and dark lavender which is a nice color on him

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To be fair Moxie, the V sign is in the kit since the Clay season, so you are definitely reaching a little bit (Don’t worry, I am just teasing you as usual!).
It's OK, I was reaching on the 13 on the other one. I'm going with it, anyway. LOL!

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am curious to see on how Nadal will do next week at Cincy l. He hasn’t played the tournament since 2017 and I am wondering on how his abs will hold up. The good thing is that if he can somehow win 2-3 matches without limitations he should be good for US Open.

Gotta get that second seed at US Open!

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am curious to see on how Nadal will do next week at Cincy l. He hasn’t played the tournament since 2017 and I am wondering on how his abs will hold up. The good thing is that if he can somehow win 2-3 matches without limitations he should be good for US Open.

Gotta get that second seed at US Open!
I have been watching him serve the last couple of days and he has been going for his serves, also Moya and Lopez have been videoing his serve, and after the practice have been going over it with Rafa.I do not think Rafa or his team would go to Cinncy if his abs were still a problem.