Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is currently on vacation with his friends in Fermentera ( on his boat, surprise) whizzing around the water on jet skis.
Tell him we said hello, but please, no boat related injuries, we’ve had enough!

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There are many, many activities a person with an abdomen tear can do, short of attempting at full body stretch to hit 100+ mph serves. :)

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal having fun out there means he is confident that he should able to play Canada and US Open.

To be fair also, he hasn’t have a true vacation since winning Acapulco.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa is back practicing his holiday is over, he is practicing from the baseline, not practicing serves as yet. ( viewed him practicing on video via twitter).
Rogers Cup TD Eugene Lapierre ,
" He really wants to come to Montreal and his hotel rooms are already booked.He will train with our tournament balls".

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa practised this morning and then went straight to Club De Golf Alcanada for the Balearic Pro golf tournament ( amateurs can also compete).

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Rafa practised this morning and then went straight to Club De Golf Alcanada for the Balearic Pro golf tournament ( amateurs can also compete).
Rafael Nadal really loves his Golf! He will probably play the LIV Tour once he officially retires from Tennis.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafael Nadal really loves his Golf! He will probably play the LIV Tour once he officially retires from Tennis.
I have to agree with you , I mean he plays off 5, which is really impressive for someone that plays golf tournaments only when he is not playing tennis tournaments., that allow him to do so.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Oh my God, that boy is soooo cute, I can imagine in 3 or 4 more years Rafa with his son or daughter

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Nadal having fun out there means he is confident that he should able to play Canada and US Open.

To be fair also, he hasn’t have a true vacation since winning Acapulco.
I read somewhere recently that he keeps revisiting the R word because for the frequently nagging injuries. I'm hopeful that the US Open and a healthy baby boy may delay that for at least another year or so. #25 is the number I think he needs before he says adios. IMO.

""Rafael Nadal won't leave tennis due to fatherhood," said Moya" https://www.tennisworldusa.org/amp_...n-t-leave-tennis-due-to-fatherhood-said-moya/

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He can win the US Open but the abdominal strain muscle is Always concerning! How's can Rafa let loose and rip into a serve. Here's my two cents worth. The 4 serves , the kick, the spin, the slice and the flat serve, all which Rafa can hit very good but not enough for him to win free points with a jaded stomach. The serves that are the hardest is the flat ( lowest margin probability) and the kick because it has to hit and move away from the body. These are the serves that win the free points. However, the kick serve required the most strain on the abdominal and lower oblique muscle. If Rafa can't win free points on his serves, he will have to grind 90 percent of his points to win a match which takes a toll on the body as well as the mind .The unknown is how stable is Rafa's stomach muscles..

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa Nadal will do an exhibition tour in Latin America ( same period of the Davis Cup finals) where he will face Del Potro November 23, in Buenos Aires, and Tabilo on November 25, in Chile. It would be Del Potro's farewell match.