Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's s.final match against Nick Kyrgios on Friday will be the 2nd match on CC

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You mentioned that Rafa was practicing today and smiling. That's a positive. I rewatch the match earlier this morning, I noticed that his mph went up on his serves. My thoughts are that he was experiencing difficulty service during the first few sets before he took the medical timeout and received the antiinflammatories..I am hopeful that if he is able to play Rafa can began the match with the same type of movement he had at the end of his battle with Taylor's match.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't post links on this device. But if you go to google search type Djokovic abdominal tear atp physio. Then the sportskeeda or tennisworldusa links should be the first 2 links
Thanks. Do you mean that the ATP physio questioned that Novak had a ab tear? meaning he did not?

TheSicilian

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Thanks. Do you mean that the ATP physio questioned that Novak had a ab tear? meaning he did not?
Yeah if you can find the tennisworldusa link please post as it's an interesting read explaining the injury. A tear going against the grain of the muscle fibers would have made it impossible to keep playing according to the physio.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah if you can find the tennisworldusa link please post as it's an interesting read explaining the injury. A tear going against the grain of the muscle fibers would have made it impossible to keep playing according to the physio.
Thank you I am on a womens match I will look at it later

Reactions: TheSicilian

tented

Administrator
Reactions
OK, so London didn’t work out.

I’m going to look forward: this will give him time to heal his abdominal tear, give his feet a much-deserved rest, and be ready to come back strong for the Rogers Cup & the US Open (maybe Washington, DC, too).

He’s won New York four times, he won the AO this year — he has a realistic chance at the USO.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I’m going to look forward: this will give him time to heal his abdominal tear, give his feet a much-deserved rest, and be ready to come back strong for the Rogers Cup & the US Open (maybe Washington, DC, too).

He’s won New York four times, he won the AO this year — he has a realistic chance at the USO.

I think the USO ball bounce has become lower in the past couple of years, didn't they change something with the surface? I really thought that Wimbledon this year was looking good for him and was actually a better shot, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Anyways it's been an amazing year for Rafa so far and hopefully he will keep his 2-slam lead over Djokovic after this Sunday. We will see if Norrie or Kyrgios can come up with something special.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In regards to Rafa withdrawing,
Nadal had modified his service motion in practice to try and put less pressure on the abdominal area but there was less topspin and control as a result and the ball repeatedly landed long.Rafa would have struggled tomorrow had he taken to the court.
The tear should take 3 to 4 weeks to heal.Rafa still expects to play Montreal and then the USO.

Last edited:

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

In addition, he sounded optimistic that he should able to play Canada and US Open. I think this is more a precaution than anything. It's not like the knee/foot/rib problem(s) in which he might be out for 4+ weeks.

He knows that at 36 years old that he should not push his body anymore to the point that he might be forced to retire from tennis. In addition, he did win the 1st two slams this year PLUS he is still technically undefeated at Slams this year (19-0). So, he can finish 2022 with an undefeated record (26-0) with a total of 23 slams in his legendary career.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's style of play and age does increase the chances that he will may be vulnerable nagging injuries.

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's already arrived in Barcleona.He is going to undergo more tests there and then go to Mallorca.
Recovery's expected to take 3 - 4 weeks, but he'll be able to be on court practicing shots from the baseline much sooner.
Only serving will have to wait for full recovery of the abs.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Rafa's already arrived in Barcleona.He is going to undergo more tests there and then go to Mallorca.
Recovery's expected to take 3 - 4 weeks, but he'll be able to be on court practicing shots from the baseline much sooner.
Only serving will have to wait for full recovery of the abs.
In his press conference, he said he’ll begin practicing from the baseline in a week, but no serving.

Reactions: Moxie