Nadalites – Rafa Nadal Talk

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will play his 4th rd match, Monday, against Van de Zandschulp, 3rd day match on CC,.

Reactions: Moxie

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal is really playing well. :rose: That being said the match against Fritz will be huge because he has also been very solid. Either way excellent score lines in the first 4 matches. :clap:

4th round: def. [21] B. van de Zandschulp 6-4, 6-2, 7-6(6) :check-mark:
3rd round: def. [27] L. Sonego 6-1, 6-2, 6-4 :check-mark:
2nd round: def. R. Berankis 6-4, 6-4, 4-6, 6-3 :check-mark:
1st round: def. F. Cerundolo 6-4, 6-3, 3-6, 6-4 :check-mark:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa will practice on court 10 at 12.30pm with Marc Lopez today ( via twitter I just saw Rafa arrive for practice)

Reactions: TheSicilian

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal will play SF, he has a 7 mm tear?

A lot of expectation to see Rafael Nadal's preparatory session ahead of tomorrow's semifinal with Nick Kyrgios. The tennis player, who has not exercised his serve in training for a week, will test himself alongside his coach Marc López on the courts of the All England Club.

The champion of 22 majors, who had severe whiplash in the abdominal area from the middle of the first set in the quarters with Taylor Fritz, has undergone the relevant medical tests this morning.

According to MARCA, Nadal suffers a seven millimeter tear in one of the abdominal muscles and wants to try to play in the semifinal.

It is not the first time that he has had to play under these circumstances. In the US Open edition, in 2009, it was two centimeters with which he finished the tournament and jumped to play the semifinal with Juan Martín Del Potro. He even could finish the match.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

A lot of expectation to see Rafael Nadal's preparatory session ahead of tomorrow's semifinal with Nick Kyrgios. The tennis player, who has not exercised his serve in training for a week, will test himself alongside his coach Marc López on the courts of the All England Club.

The champion of 22 majors, who had severe whiplash in the abdominal area from the middle of the first set in the quarters with Taylor Fritz, has undergone the relevant medical tests this morning.

According to MARCA, Nadal suffers a seven millimeter tear in one of the abdominal muscles and wants to try to play in the semifinal.

It is not the first time that he has had to play under these circumstances. In the US Open edition, in 2009, it was two centimeters with which he finished the tournament and jumped to play the semifinal with Juan Martín Del Potro. He even could finish the match.
Thanks, I was just going to post that info from Marca
Rafa is at present on the practice court with Marc Lopez, I saw them both arriving 10 mins ago

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

tented

Administrator
Reactions

And we all remember how that ended. It was his worst loss at a major, winning just 6 games. He was barely able to serve.

He’s not going to be able to beat Nick or Novak with an abdominal tear. I don’t know why he’s even practicing.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thanks, I was just going to post that info from Marca
Rafa is at present on the practice court with Marc Lopez, I saw them both arriving 10 mins ago

Shouldn't he try not to practice in order to not make things worse and maybe heal a little bit before the SF? I read somewhere that minor tears could heal between 2-10 days?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Shouldn't he try not to practice in order to not make things worse and maybe heal a little bit?
The only way you heal a abdominal injury is to have complete rest...like withdrawing from the tournament
It is only a light practice from the pictures I have seen via video on Twitter, I guess he is seeing if he can play.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The only way you heal a abdominal injury is to have complete rest...like withdrawing from the tournament
It is only a light practice from the pictures I have seen via video on Twitter, I guess he is seeing if he can play.

Is it possible to protect the abs tear with bandages or something else while playing to at least not make it worse?